[3.12] Hasunic's Toxic Rain / Caustic Arrow Trickster | Leaguestarter | Ailment Immunity | SSF

"
KreetAZ wrote:
Could someone take a look at my char pls? Mapping m/guardians/Shaper/Elder are a blast with it. But it looks like I'm lacking DPS for sirus a8 and uelder. I can't get them down.

I assume you use CA for clear and TR for single target - at least that is what I and most people I talked to do. In that case I would suggest moving your TR to bow instead - will give you a lot more DPS on TR and CA is already powerful enough for clear unless we are talking max delirium or last 2-3 simulacrum rounds where damage reduction is ridiculous. Also think if what you are lacking is DPS or survavability, you might consider swapping Quartz Flask for Jade Flask of Reflexes - will help greatly with evade chance. Lastly not sure why but it shows you only have 60% cold res and this can be deadly against Elder/Uber Elder as it deals lot of cold damage.
This build doesn't have Insane dps. So in those fights you actually have to know how to play too.
Your gear looks fine. Maybe you could get more life/dot multi on quiver and get a penetrating quiver... But I frankly just think it's more about moving and less about damage.
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
"
LokiONY wrote:
"
KreetAZ wrote:
Could someone take a look at my char pls? Mapping m/guardians/Shaper/Elder are a blast with it. But it looks like I'm lacking DPS for sirus a8 and uelder. I can't get them down.

I assume you use CA for clear and TR for single target - at least that is what I and most people I talked to do. In that case I would suggest moving your TR to bow instead - will give you a lot more DPS on TR and CA is already powerful enough for clear unless we are talking max delirium or last 2-3 simulacrum rounds where damage reduction is ridiculous. Also think if what you are lacking is DPS or survavability, you might consider swapping Quartz Flask for Jade Flask of Reflexes - will help greatly with evade chance. Lastly not sure why but it shows you only have 60% cold res and this can be deadly against Elder/Uber Elder as it deals lot of cold damage.

I just swaped CA and TR to see how it feels for a few maps and forgott to swap it back before i logged out.

ingame my Cold-Res is capped at 75% so it should be maxed out.

I think the survivability of this build is realy great, it just looks like i cant get enough dps on those two bosses. maybe im lacking the mechanical skills to play it to its full potential.

Any tips for Simulacrum? I've been able to clear 20/20 waves fairly comfortably, but most of the time with at least one death on wave 20. The arena's pretty small, so I'm not sure what the best way to manage spawns + the boss (or bosses) is. Should I just try to kite the bosses until near the end of the wave? I find if I do that, the arena usually gets filled up with death orbs, which results in me dying when he detonates them by jumping on it. Can you flame dash over the AoE shockwave from that attack?

Gearwise, I'm thinking of switching to Shaper's Touch but I'm a bit short on resistances when elemental weakness is involved. Maybe that's OK in simulacrum though? Or are there any other simple gear upgrades I should be looking for? I've also been looking for something to replace my rings/jewels; any tips for crafting jewels, or should I just spam alterations and hope to get lucky?
Stay away as much as possible from the boss at wave twenty while you clear all trash mobs and switch tr for main link in bow and focus him down. That's the best way
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
Could someone take a look at my char please? What should I upgrade next? Have about 30ex to spent.

The damage is fine vs Sirius 8. But I still get 1 shotted sometimes by hard mobs. I have about 3.7k HP / 3/5k ES, cap res. Is that too low?

Sorry for my bad english.
Thanks
"
qizhuynh wrote:
Could someone take a look at my char please? What should I upgrade next? Have about 30ex to spent.

The damage is fine vs Sirius 8. But I still get 1 shotted sometimes by hard mobs. I have about 3.7k HP / 3/5k ES, cap res. Is that too low?

Thanks

3.7k HP is very low for your character level. I'm no expert but here are obvious pieces i found that you can change without breaking the bank:

Body armour: get something with some medium/high base HP.
One of your rings is missing HP aim for at least 70 hp there and it wont be expensive.
Your amulet is nice for damage with both +1 skills and +chaos multi mod, you could find also one with HP on top, although this could be really expensive.

Lastly you could upgrade your bow for a BIS that's around 10 EX with the +1,base multimod,+2 and crafted multimod. Not necesarilly a defensive improvement but killing quicker can be sometimes the best defense.

For reference, i just switched from contagion (didnt like the 1-2 button playstyle with the latency issues in my region) so i still have the previous gloves and boots i was using before (regular HP+res, nothing fancy) and i'm sitting at 5k HP/ 3.5k ES, and i still need to swap out my quiver.

So i think with your currency you can easily reach above that
Last edited by qraCz on Apr 14, 2020, 2:12:12 AM
Currently using Queen of the Forest and Atziri's Step. Really like the survivability of super fast move speed and the 16% dodge. Have about 5k life and 3.5k ES.

Debating switching to a Explody / Frenzy on Hit Chest with Two-Toned boots.

Big damage increase, but less survivability.

But when it comes to juiced up delirium maps, there's a threshold where more damage = more survivability.

Going for just a high EV / ES chest doesn't seem worth it because I'd be losing a ton of movement speed in exchange for ~1k more EHP? Would also probably have to lose Atziri's Step and the 16% dodge.

I'm also using Steelskin which I highly recommend since you can use it as your Mouse 1 so it's always up. It amounts to about ~1700 more EHP at level 21.

Might switch from Vaal Grace to Vaal Discipline seeing as how my Dodge is almost capped with flasks up anyways.

Besides that, probably going to upgrade Quiver and Amulet next. Thoughts? Thanks!

GMT -7:00 PST
Last edited by nosl1w on Apr 14, 2020, 5:18:40 AM
"
qizhuynh wrote:

Thanks

Main focus point should be bow as it's source of most of your DPS. Try for +1 socketed gems, +2 support gems and double DoT - not sure about exact cost, it's about 8ex for self-craft so I assume around 10ex on trade for lower rolls. Then go for double DoT penetrating Hunter-influenced quiver. You can also get DoT roll on amulet, I like +1 to Dex gems instead of Chaos gems but both options are good, just something to think about. You are also overcapped on fire and cold res (even without including Dying Sun), so I would suggest to try to scale down some of res attributes and get more life or ES. Lastly I would replace Silver Flask with Jade Flask of reflexes to get more Evasion.
Last edited by LokiONY on Apr 14, 2020, 9:01:39 AM
Hi guys.Need some help on what should I go for next.Now im more focused on making exalts for headhunter,i don't know if it helps the build but i always wanted one.
Some achivements from me with this build:
-made some edits on skill tree to get some juicy cluster jewels
reaching 1.4mil dps or more with frenzy on-that's on caustic arrow i don't know on the toxic rain but it does it's job at bossing.
-i did sirus awake 6 recently without dying,elder,shaper with no problems.
doing simulacrum 20/20 and delirium maps t16-summit,alched/vaal/4-delirium orbs/4-awake and beyond from zana.I can wipe everything but sometimes it gets really laggy and i'm dying easily if i don't act...
This is some of my gear:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info