[3.12] Hasunic's Toxic Rain / Caustic Arrow Trickster | Leaguestarter | Ailment Immunity | SSF

Which would be the next step?

Spoiler

tons of mana issues if I use toxic rain
Another question: how did you managed to get such high energy shield (6k) in your videos? I have pretty useable gear right now ( 7-8ex ) and im siting on 4,3k life and 1,4k ES. Oo.

"
gokudin wrote:
Which would be the next step?

Spoiler

tons of mana issues if I use toxic rain

Get - mana cost of non channeling spells on rings/amulet itll solve your problem.
Last edited by Enterich on Sep 23, 2020, 7:58:41 PM
"
Enterich wrote:
Another question: how did you managed to get such high energy shield (6k) in your videos? I have pretty useable gear right now ( 7-8ex ) and im siting on 4,3k life and 1,4k ES. Oo.

I was using thread of hope to bypass acro, so I could stack ES without acro penalty and I was using a different passive tree (the last option in the PoB).

However they removed some of the very good notables for that, so it isnt as great as it used to be.
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
Questions on skill usage.
So we got both Caustic and Toxic Rain. On boss fights do I fire caustic arrow once and spam Toxic rain?
And why do you have pierce on skill link and quiver? Does Caustic arrow drops a degen grounds per hit?

Thank you
"
JordoZombie wrote:
So we got both Caustic and Toxic Rain. On boss fights do I fire caustic arrow once and spam Toxic rain?

Yes.

"
JordoZombie wrote:

And why do you have pierce on skill link and quiver? Does Caustic arrow drops a degen grounds per hit?
Thank you

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Caustic_Arrow
"
Deonix_ wrote:
"
JordoZombie wrote:

Yes.

"
JordoZombie wrote:

Thank you

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Caustic_Arrow

interesting , does CA also pierce if i use arrow nova?
"
Hasunic wrote:
"
Enterich wrote:

I was using thread of hope to bypass acro, so I could stack ES without acro penalty and I was using a different passive tree (the last option in the PoB).

However they removed some of the very good notables for that, so it isnt as great as it used to be.

Thank you again!
Your detailed and fast answers are AWESOME :)
Are you streaming?

- Is there another way to add some more energy shield with your current build beside gain extra es as 10% of your max life?

Im starting to get one shoted here and there when doing t14-t15 maps.

- what about the devouring diadem for this build? should help to keep ES up if not using the chaos damage leech amulet anoint.
Last edited by Enterich on Sep 24, 2020, 8:16:50 AM
First of all thank you for the guide, would not have thought that I'd enjoy a bow build that much (or at all). Since I am new to the bow skills, I had a few gameplay/skill related questions, that I hope a kind expert might be able to answer:

1) On the whole when/if to use both TR and CA: While my TR is admittedly still on a 4 link chest and therefore lacking some damage when compared to the 5l, +2 bow CA, I don't understand how/why people would be using TR for map clearing, since it seems to be clearing way slower than CA (and with way less area when using CA+Arrow Nova), requiring constant backtracking. Is this an accepted downside of only needing one damage skill for everything, or am I missing something in my understanding of the skill or its damage scaling?

2) With regards to CA, I followed the suggestion of using Arrow Nova and a pierce quiver, and don't understand why one would go back to pierce support instead, when arrow nova covers the whole screen with basically one shot, compared to the "if my shot lines up perfectly, I can pierce 5 monsters and create the zones in a line"-playstyle of pierce support? Is the damage loss that significant when it's mainly used for map clearing?

3) Am I correct in assuming that multiple overlapping CA ground zones do not stack dot damage, unlike multiple overlapping TR pods (is that why TR is used for bossing?)? Also, how does one get the boss to stay in the dot zones, since they don't seem to be affected by TR's slow?
Replica Quill Rain .... any good for this build ?
Will you update pob skill tree those custer and chaos over time nodes aren't there anymore what do we take now? ;-; finished the leveling part now just stacking skill points as idk where they should go.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info