[3.14] Wizzzard's Toxic Rain Miner | Starter | Lategame is NERFED

Yeah makes sense, the raw numbers are always misleading. It was basically the same for Scourge Arrow. Assuming all proj hit is for sure just wrong.

At the end of the day I guess stacking extra arrows more or less insures you're slamming more pods in the same area, which means your DPS is more consistent. If I had to guess, +arrow/Dying sun make the normal 5 pod calculation to be more or less pretty accurate.

I have other question to make, Which is best empower 3/4 to escale the level of toxic rain or trap and mine damage 21/20?

I saw on the POB but I`m confusing in which is best.

Thanks
"
nsantos06 wrote:
I have other question to make, Which is best empower 3/4 to escale the level of toxic rain or trap and mine damage 21/20?

I saw on the POB but I`m confusing in which is best.

Thanks

if you have a bow with +2 to support gems then an empower is king.
Without that i would go for trap and mine damage.
HI, I feel very squishy in higher maps.
Can you give me some pointers on how to upgrade my gear?

I have about 2Ex
I wonder about buying Despair Impresence and Caracas Jack. But this will make me even more squishy.
Or better (more balanced) variant is Solistice Vigil/Caracas, or Impresence/Perfect Form?
Also whic is better Increased Mine Damage, or More Chaos Over Time?

Thanks for the help :)
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Jul 13, 2020, 3:48:15 AM
"
Nishrek wrote:

I have about 2Ex
I wonder about buying Despair Impresence and Caracas Jack. But this will make me even more squishy.
Or better (more balanced) variant is Solistice Vigil/Caracas, or Impresence/Perfect Form?

Solstice vigil is great defense option for maps!
For your other gear, since the build is a hybrid build go for hubris as a helmet. It can still have life on it, but it should also have as much es as you can get, since they ascendency scales of es from the helmet to give you more evasion.
Similar to that the Chest needs to be a high evasion chest, since you get more es from your ascendency then. Carcas jack is more defense in that way then.

increased mine damge and increased chaos damage do the exact same thing.
Damage over time MULTIPLIER however is WAY better. You can get that on gloves and quiver for example. You can also craft it on your bow for a huge damage upgrade over the 60% mine damage.
"
TheWizzzard wrote:
"
Nishrek wrote:

I have about 2Ex

Solstice vigil is great defense option for maps!
For your other gear, since the build is a hybrid build go for hubris as a helmet. It can still have life on it, but it should also have as much es as you can get, since they ascendency scales of es from the helmet to give you more evasion.
Similar to that the Chest needs to be a high evasion chest, since you get more es from your ascendency then. Carcas jack is more defense in that way then.

increased mine damge and increased chaos damage do the exact same thing.
Damage over time MULTIPLIER however is WAY better. You can get that on gloves and quiver for example. You can also craft it on your bow for a huge damage upgrade over the 60% mine damage.

Just want to emphasize the point above that the Trickster really, really wants a high ES helmet. You basically get another body armour worth of evasion by wearing something with 250 ES (my character sheet goes from 8k EVA to 15k adding my helmet). Also be sure you've got defensive flasks like a Jade. I like Chemist's Jade Flask of Reflexes, which makes me go up to 35k evasion. This so far has been good enough for all 16 tiers of content.
Guide is ready for 3.12, nothing was changed, enjoy.
I am also planning on making a different version, that is more tanky with dodge instead of more es later.
Hi Wizzard, I love your build!. Im plannig on start with the build. I hate die in poe so I search for more ideas off tankyness. what do you think about the defensive layers of this other toxic rain mine build?.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE-331_wvu0

minute 8:50

Could we take some ideas from it?

"
yissus wrote:
Hi Wizzard, I love your build!. Im plannig on start with the build. I hate die in poe so I search for more ideas off tankyness. what do you think about the defensive layers of this other toxic rain mine build?.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE-331_wvu0

minute 8:50

Could we take some ideas from it?

You are totally right, tuna had some great ideas there.
I was gonna take a look at what i can use and i already got permission to link his build as an alternative version.
For now, you can just follow his pob. He spend some time to make it a good guide!!
How does this compare to Crouching_Tuna's Toxic Rain Mines Trickster? Is it as strong? I want to try the Shadow and a Toxic Rain Mine build sounds pretty fun. Although Crouching_Tuna doesn't have a written guide (afaik) and I'd rather follow a written guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info