[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

I'm not playing this build but I'm curious if after the recent patch you folks are freezing red-tier metamorphs.
"
redmalloc wrote:
I'm not playing this build but I'm curious if after the recent patch you folks are freezing red-tier metamorphs.

I haven't tried a Metamorph yet on this character since the patch as I was on my Ranger the last couple of days.
I will definitely be doing it tonight though and if nobody chimes in I'll let you know either tonight (3-4 hours from now) or tomorrow afternoon.
regarding the 120 crit enchant on boots: Frostbomb crits DO count for that, in fact you loose the 120 crit buff on bosses where you use frostbomb a bunch, Penetration is definitely better, DPS wise overall and for 100% uptime
"
Lightzorzz wrote:
regarding the 120 crit enchant on boots: Frostbomb crits DO count for that, in fact you loose the 120 crit buff on bosses where you use frostbomb a bunch, Penetration is definitely better, DPS wise overall and for 100% uptime

That's good to know, I might see if I can buy a pair of boots with that enchant and see how much of a difference I notice.
"
Gulch wrote:
"
redmalloc wrote:

I haven't tried a Metamorph yet on this character since the patch as I was on my Ranger the last couple of days.
I will definitely be doing it tonight though and if nobody chimes in I'll let you know either tonight (3-4 hours from now) or tomorrow afternoon.

Yeah, I'd definitely be interested to know.

I see in the OP PoB that the average hit is 250k and crit chance is 80%, so I won't embarrass myself by posting my math but I estimated critical hits at around 290k and non-crits at 62k.

According to the wiki we need to do at least 5% of mob life in a hit to get the freeze effect. If my guesses are right and metamorphs have less than 290k/5% = ~5.8M life I guess you will be seeing freezes.
"
redmalloc wrote:

Yesterday I di not freeze a single 14+ map tier metamorph. Though, the freeze was working just fine in Tane's Lab.

Not sure if still bugged, but seems like it.
Last edited by Bresepls on Jan 10, 2020, 6:51:12 PM
"
redmalloc wrote:

Depends on map mods and metamorph life bonus but i can permafreeze some of them. Not all. Not that its needed - they die in few seconds.
(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and
(='.'=) paste Bunny to help him
(")_(") gain world domination.
"
redmalloc wrote:
"
Gulch wrote:
"
redmalloc wrote:

Yeah, I'd definitely be interested to know.

I see in the OP PoB that the average hit is 250k and crit chance is 80%, so I won't embarrass myself by posting my math but I estimated critical hits at around 290k and non-crits at 62k.

According to the wiki we need to do at least 5% of mob life in a hit to get the freeze effect. If my guesses are right and metamorphs have less than 290k/5% = ~5.8M life I guess you will be seeing freezes.

Tested it on some T16 Metamorphs with some semi-juiced up maps and didn't freeze them.
Didn't try an un-alch'd map though.
Ok, thanks all for the freezing testing. Sounds like 290k is good for freezes on some of them.

@Bresepls I have noticed that the lab metamorphs are much easier to deal with than map ones. I assume this due to map mods but it seems like a strange design.

4th awakener attempt and finally got him. If I wasn't so puckered I could have done it deathless lol. But 2 portals isn't bad. The storms are basically a non issue now, seems too easy as long as you manage the other mechanics.
Got the Thread of Hope jewel and 2 shitty non-influenced rares.
29 Watchstones and have yet to get an Awakener's Orb or Awakened Skill gem.

Now to continue saving up currency to get that damn mirror!
Last edited by Gulch on Jan 13, 2020, 9:36:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info