[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
GrimzEcho wrote:
Why is Awakened Added Cold Damage better than Empower (according to PoB)?

I have a corrupted +1 Socketed Gems Soul Mantle, with 3G-2B-1R colorings. I've been swapping Multiple Totems Support (mapping) for Empower (bossing), but was thinking about recoloring Soul Mantle to 2G-2B-2R and swapping Awakened Added Cold or Empower instead.

On paper, this seems like more DPS, but PoB shows it as a net loss. What's weird is that PoB shows it as a net loss even when I remove the quality of AACD (removing its 10% increased cold damage).

Awakened Added Cold Damage seems pretty straightforward. It adds flat cold damage, and at L5+ also adds one level to Freezing Pulse.

Empower is also straightforward. It adds levels to Freezing Pulse.

As levels are added to Freezing Pulse, two things change. The amount of cold damage it deals (flat cold damage), and small increases to projectile speed.

Ignoring the projectile speed increase, it seems like a simple calculation: What gives more flat cold damage: the flat cold/+1 of AACD or the flat cold of a higher level Freezing Pulse?

Numbers:

Awakened Added Cold Damage Setup:
AACD: Level 6 (5 gem, 1 Soul Mantle):
Adds (239 - 359) cold damage = 299 avg cold dmg
Freezing Pulse: Level 25 (21 gem, 1 soul, 1 AACD, 2 wands):
Deals (1457-2185) cold damage = 1821 avg cold dmg
Total Average Cold Dmg: 2120

Empower Setup:
Empower: Level 5 (4 gem, 1 soul mantle): Adds 4 levels to Freezing Pulse
Freezing Pulse: Level 28 (21 gem, 1 soul, 4 emp, 2 wands)
Deals (1949-2923) cold damage = 2436 avg cold dmg
Total Average Cold Dmg: 2436

It seems pretty clear that the Empower gives more flat cold damage than AACD, but when I swap the gems in PoB, the per-totem calculated DPS drops from 1,464,225 to 1,404,090 (this is with a 0% quality AACD). That's a 4% loss when it seems like it should be a fairly significant gain (+300 flat cold damage).

What am I missing?

Freezing Pulse has 200% effectiveness of added damage, so AACD is adding twice that value to the base damage.
"
Wallach wrote:

Freezing Pulse has 200% effectiveness of added damage, so AACD is adding twice that value to the base damage.

Thank You! I see that in the Wiki under the changelog, but no mention of it in the main section. I thought I was going crazy there for a minute.
"
NoImagination wrote:

"
Asag wrote:
Would not Unnerve/Culling strike gloves be better as endgame option? This would free medium jewel slot (master of fear, wish for death) for other damage options (like repeater/streamlined). Or is the 50% damage vs chilled mod better pick?

I tried this in harvest for a while and, as you say, the options elsewhere just worked better for me. A resist and damage in one mod is pretty nice - effectively making gloves have seven slots. Back then, I actually ended up taking unnerve from curse on hit instead.

To make this gloves I need temple fingerless base with the chilled mod and just slam warlords orb and pray for correct prefix?
Hey Folks,

i'm having a hard time finding meaningful upgrades for my wands with weighted search.
Could someone have a look at my PoB please?

https://pastebin.com/jrVQ8GbH

Thanks in advance.
"
Asag wrote:
To make this gloves I need temple fingerless base with the chilled mod and just slam warlords orb and pray for correct prefix?

Yeh, be careful to have ilvl 73 or higher though. And if you miss, you can get 'adds an influence modifier' from the garden. You're 1/4 to hit it, so it's not too bad. I cheated and bought some that already existed though.

"
goopQ wrote:
i'm having a hard time finding meaningful upgrades for my wands with weighted search.

Use this:

"
dperls wrote:
For all those looking for wand or jewel dps upgrades, make weighted item searches using https://github.com/VolatilePulse/PoB-Item-Tester

This will load your pob and spit out a pre filled in weighted search. You would be surprised what comes up and can often find extremely good deals on the mods best for your exact build.
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 6, 2021, 7:32:14 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:

Use this:

"
dperls wrote:
For all those looking for wand or jewel dps upgrades, make weighted item searches using https://github.com/VolatilePulse/PoB-Item-Tester

This will load your pob and spit out a pre filled in weighted search. You would be surprised what comes up and can often find extremely good deals on the mods best for your exact build.

Already tried that. The script never starts, since it can't find my pob folder. Tried moving the script into the different locations. To no avail. Same for admin mode etc.
If you can't get tech support from the guy (or try reddit daily questions thread), you just have to go into POB, create a blank wand - no implicits even - then add e.g. % spell damage, edit it down to 1, and see what DPS difference that makes to no weapon. And the same with every other useful mod.
"
goopQ wrote:
"
NoImagination wrote:

Use this:

"
dperls wrote:

Already tried that. The script never starts, since it can't find my pob folder. Tried moving the script into the different locations. To no avail. Same for admin mode etc.

Do you have PoB enabled? This script did not ask me for PoB folder but just told me to enable PoB before running and it worked fine for me.
"
Asag wrote:

Do you have PoB enabled? This script did not ask me for PoB folder but just told me to enable PoB before running and it worked fine for me.

Not sure actually. I'll see if that might fix the issue.
Allright, managed to get the Item Tester working.
However, setting the search to "wand, non unique" and the min weight sum to 150000, i still get around 1500 results. And when i filter by sum, most of the top results don't give me an increase...

The hell am i doing wrong? Cause my wands are 100% not THAT great.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info