[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

I wrote a long post on this a few posts up. In short, you can't. Also, you shouldn't on that base. If it had fractured T1 spell damage it becomes more worthwhile, but even then I don't think I'd try.

If you really want to, you need to remove cold damage to spells because you need two empty prefixes. Then you just try to hit +cold for the cold spell gems, and +caster for all. The odds are not good.
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 5, 2021, 11:32:54 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
I wrote a long post on this a few posts up. In short, you can't. Also, you shouldn't on that base. If it had fractured T1 spell damage it becomes more worthwhile, but even then I don't think I'd try.

If you really want to, you need to remove cold damage to spells because you need two empty prefixes. Then you just try to hit +cold for the cold spell gems, and +caster for all. The odds are not good.

Thanks for the insight, the prefix / suffix jungle goes over my head. I'll try to improve my other wand instead.
https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Wand this page will help a lot, I imagine there are others too.
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 5, 2021, 11:50:55 AM
Is this viable with scion? Anyone gave it a shot already?
"
NoImagination wrote:
For absolute endgame, you probably want Warlord's fingerless silk gloves with 50% against chilled, T1 spell damage, maybe dex, one resist and two life mods. So I'd be thinking of selling those with the longer term goal in mind.

If you keep them, you probably only really have the option of taking +life and +life/defence. So I'd block life/defence with a craft, then go for aug life from harvest, and add/remove life (with the craft removed) until hitting T1 life. Then aug life or craft hybrid life again, and live with whatever that rolls.

Would not Unnerve/Culling strike gloves be better as endgame option? This would free medium jewel slot (master of fear, wish for death) for other damage options (like repeater/streamlined). Or is the 50% damage vs chilled mod better pick?
Last edited by Asag on Feb 5, 2021, 4:55:14 PM
Hi guys,

How do you get the mod Quality does not increase physical damage, grants 1% increased elemental damage to spells per 2% quality?

Many thanks
"
_MayloR_ wrote:
Hi guys,

How do you get the mod Quality does not increase physical damage, grants 1% increased elemental damage to spells per 2% quality?

Many thanks

Harvest craft.
For all those looking for wand or jewel dps upgrades, make weighted item searches using https://github.com/VolatilePulse/PoB-Item-Tester

This will load your pob and spit out a pre filled in weighted search. You would be surprised what comes up and can often find extremely good deals on the mods best for your exact build.
Why is Awakened Added Cold Damage better than Empower (according to PoB)?

I have a corrupted +1 Socketed Gems Soul Mantle, with 3G-2B-1R colorings. I've been swapping Multiple Totems Support (mapping) for Empower (bossing), but was thinking about recoloring Soul Mantle to 2G-2B-2R and swapping Awakened Added Cold or Empower instead.

On paper, this seems like more DPS, but PoB shows it as a net loss. What's weird is that PoB shows it as a net loss even when I remove the quality of AACD (removing its 10% increased cold damage).

Awakened Added Cold Damage seems pretty straightforward. It adds flat cold damage, and at L5+ also adds one level to Freezing Pulse.

Empower is also straightforward. It adds levels to Freezing Pulse.

As levels are added to Freezing Pulse, two things change. The amount of cold damage it deals (flat cold damage), and small increases to projectile speed.

Ignoring the projectile speed increase, it seems like a simple calculation: What gives more flat cold damage: the flat cold/+1 of AACD or the flat cold of a higher level Freezing Pulse?

Numbers:

Awakened Added Cold Damage Setup:
AACD: Level 6 (5 gem, 1 Soul Mantle):
Adds (239 - 359) cold damage = 299 avg cold dmg
Freezing Pulse: Level 25 (21 gem, 1 soul, 1 AACD, 2 wands):
Deals (1457-2185) cold damage = 1821 avg cold dmg
Total Average Cold Dmg: 2120

Empower Setup:
Empower: Level 5 (4 gem, 1 soul mantle): Adds 4 levels to Freezing Pulse
Freezing Pulse: Level 28 (21 gem, 1 soul, 4 emp, 2 wands)
Deals (1949-2923) cold damage = 2436 avg cold dmg
Total Average Cold Dmg: 2436

It seems pretty clear that the Empower gives more flat cold damage than AACD, but when I swap the gems in PoB, the per-totem calculated DPS drops from 1,464,225 to 1,404,090 (this is with a 0% quality AACD). That's a 4% loss when it seems like it should be a fairly significant gain (+300 flat cold damage).

What am I missing?
POB calcs: I long gave up trying to figure out what it was doing, and I just trust it. For whatever it's worth, empower is +0.5% DPS for me, so it says, but I can't be bothered to switch given the vaal requirements.

"
Asag wrote:
Would not Unnerve/Culling strike gloves be better as endgame option? This would free medium jewel slot (master of fear, wish for death) for other damage options (like repeater/streamlined). Or is the 50% damage vs chilled mod better pick?

I tried this in harvest for a while and, as you say, the options elsewhere just worked better for me. A resist and damage in one mod is pretty nice - effectively making gloves have seven slots. Back then, I actually ended up taking unnerve from curse on hit instead.
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 6, 2021, 2:05:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info