Somebody explain the logic to me

So apparently this morning somebody managed to create an account with my name handle, let's leave that part for what it is because i find it pretty weird how they were able to do this.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/B%D0%BEem

Now here is where my logic fails me.

Put on probation and the posts aren't deleted.

Somebody explain this to me thx, how is an account thats purely made for harrasment purposes not deleted once it is found out and the post's removed from the forums?

Like, can i expect this person to have access to this account in the near future when his "probation" runs out?

Is there a logic to not remove these post's entirely when clearly the mods have this ability(as demonstrated in off-topic multiple times already) when the post's are clearly against the rules (slander/harrasment) without much room for interpretation, just read the sig of the account to get a sense of the person behind it.

Anybody got some kind of logical reasoning to explain this action by the moderators?

I am gratefull they didn't give him free reign for a long time and all that, so cheers mods for that. But i fail to see why its still an active account and the posts not deleted entirely when the motivation is quite obvious.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last bumped on Nov 29, 2019, 11:36:47 AM
I have no idea why their posts didn't get deleted, but I can at least explain how they managed to create an account with an almost industinguishable name. They're using a cyrillic "о" instead of a latin "o". Just by looking at them, it's almost impossible to see a difference between the letters, but try copy-pasting them into google or wikipedia and you'll get VERY different results.
So for the system the name is as different from yours as "Baem" for example would be.

I got suspicious about the name when I saw the somewhat weird looking link you provided. Latin letters are always written normally on the account pages, so there was definitely something weird there. If you open both their and your account page and quickly swap from one to the other, you can somewhat see an ever so slight difference between the "о" and "o".

Again, no idea why the posts (or the account for that matter) didn't get removed (they should), but I hope I could at least shine some light on the how.

Edit: This time with a cyrillic "е" instead of "e" aswell. Veeeery clever. Not. This time you can even see it quite easily on the account page.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last edited by FCK42 on Nov 22, 2019, 8:49:57 AM
Yeah seems like your correct FCK, thank god my name is only four letters, he will run out of options quite soon.

Guess somebody has a lot of time on his hands and is proving the statement in my sig.
Such flattery.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
So apparently this morning somebody managed to create an account with my name handle, let's leave that part for what it is because i find it pretty weird how they were able to do this.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/B%D0%BEem

Now here is where my logic fails me.

Put on probation and the posts aren't deleted.

Somebody explain this to me thx, how is an account thats purely made for harrasment purposes not deleted once it is found out and the post's removed from the forums?

Like, can i expect this person to have access to this account in the near future when his "probation" runs out?

Is there a logic to not remove these post's entirely when clearly the mods have this ability(as demonstrated in off-topic multiple times already) when the post's are clearly against the rules (slander/harrasment) without much room for interpretation, just read the sig of the account to get a sense of the person behind it.

Anybody got some kind of logical reasoning to explain this action by the moderators?

I am gratefull they didn't give him free reign for a long time and all that, so cheers mods for that. But i fail to see why its still an active account and the posts not deleted entirely when the motivation is quite obvious.

Peace,

-Boem-

Charan is that you?
[Removed by Support]

It's really dirty being an imposter man.
Last edited by Nav_GGG on Nov 22, 2019, 8:06:17 PM
It seems as though he's running more than one account to do it, or their system allows for a deleted account name to be re-used, or??? Following through to his "recent forum posts" leads to different results, depending on which post you start from.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Last edited by aggromagnet on Nov 22, 2019, 6:55:16 PM
"
aggromagnet wrote:
It seems as though he's running more than one account to do it, or their system allows for a deleted account name to be re-used, or??? Following through to his "recent forum posts" leads to different results, depending on which post you start from.

He's using a couple of them, i guess it's flattering that somebody would waste time on this.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
diablofdb wrote:
Charan is that you?

I'm pretty sure he'd take a much more subtle approach at harrasing someone or a much more open one. Either way, it's just not his style. Not nearly enough sarcasm.

As for me, I see no reason to harass anyone in this forum. I really like my account and I wouldn't want to risk it in any way.

As for the reappearance, the account might've gotten deleted (which would explain the entirely deleted post) and simply created again. Definitely possible. Reasonable though? Far from it. Honestly, the amount of effort put into this is rather surprising. I'd be far too lazy to go to such lengths.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I wonder what Real Boem said to rub Fake Boem the wrong way so hard. Also curious as to what satisfaction Fake Boem is getting from such banal, third grade antics.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Last edited by aggromagnet on Nov 22, 2019, 9:05:30 PM
Weird stuff afoot.

Peace,

-The_Impeacher-
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info