Picard or Kirk?

Since OT seems a lot quieter with the restrictions - maybe a relatively safe question?

I'm totally Picard, but I can also acknowledge I grew up with TNG and Patrick Stewart had far more time to flesh out his captain than William Shatner did.

And still gotta give Shatner credit for creating someone still so iconic after all these years despite just a few seasons on air.
Yep, totally over league play.
Last bumped on Oct 21, 2019, 3:10:05 PM
Err...that's not the usual debate/contest among Trekkies. That'd be Picard v/s Sisko (Deep Space Nine). Kirk and TOS as a whole are generally acknowledged as very much products of their time aka it's all way too campy and silly. TNG is more mature while Deep Space Nine is darker i.e. was willing to shine a not so pearly white light on the Federation itself.

Anyway, Picard for me. Though that may just be my childhood bias speaking. But hey, Sisko's also a war criminal, so there! - https://youtu.be/XGcAbI-4_io

As for Kirk...nah!
Last edited by Exile009 on Oct 16, 2019, 5:31:12 PM
Kirk, no contest.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
I'm actually watching DS9 on Netflix right now. While I wasn't a big fan of it during it's original airing, now that I'm older I'm finding I can definitely appreciate it a lot more. In comparison, Voyager would have been far more enjoyable if it wasn't stuck in the Delta Quadrant for its entire run.

Sisko is definitely the next leadership role in my mind to really stand out - but given he was mostly confined to a space station it's understandable why he doesn't quite reach Picard status (in my mind).

I liked Janeway, but as I mentioned above I don't think we got to really see what she could have done with it if they had just kept it in familiar territory instead of having to make up so much of it as they went.

And yeah, Kirk and Co definitely a product of their time. I barely watched it but all the same the core cast is just as iconic to me as that of TNG.

Yep, totally over league play.
can't really compare them. Maybe in the Movies... there kirk got a lot more "flesh" to his character outside the 60thies tough guys persona. But still, no contest. Picard is the better one. Him against Sisko is harder.. but i see DS9 as weaker(but still awesome) copy of babylon 5 so yeah, let's not go there :>
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Picard's my favourite!

I was also a fan of Anson Mount as Pike in Disco S2. I like what the show is trying to do, though the writing is inconsistent. Some good moments, some... not great moments.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
This is clearly inflammatory.

How anyone could pick Kirk, and what that says about them...

Spoiler
LOL /s

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Oct 17, 2019, 10:14:25 AM
Both were great on their own merits, and I would be honored to have served under either.

But for my money, Adm. Firmus Piett of the Imperial Navy blows both of them out of space. Because he survived failing Darth Vader. Epic.
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
Picard easily
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Picard easily

You are hardly old enough to make that distinction.

~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info