[3.10] Herald of Agony Mana Guardian | 2.5 Minute Sirus 8 | Deathless T19 100% Delirium

One of my favorite builds of all time. This will be my first time that I shoot for level 100 (closest i've been is 80% of way to 98). I ended up getting my +1 double corrupted chestpiece off price of loyalty cards that I bought on Day 2 of the league (started as Icicle mines and was hoping for a good AOE/Aura Skin of Loyal and instead got 3R2G1B with +1 gems). Swapped to pyroclaster, which works ok with those colors, early league to earn currency while I bought up all my gear pieces for this build.

Couple comments and improvements from my usage to level 96 thus far.

1) Annointment/Oil

In every configuration I tried, "Primal Spirit" (15% max mana, 20% mana regen, 20% flask charges gained, +20str/int) was strictly better than "Utmost might". And it's cheaper to annoint (two silvers instead of a gold). More ES, more mana, more armor, and it gives extra flask charges to top it off - which matters for things like Sirius.

Even if I grabbed the +30str nodes, had a perfect qualitied astramentis, and got T1 str rolls on my ring/belt (which makes resistances super hard to get) Primal Spirits was better in every possible way.

"Mana Flows" was also better than "Utmost Might" but "Primal Spirits" still came out on top.

2) Catalysts really help this build

Attribute catalyst for Astramentis gives you a lot of extra stats.

Resistance, Mana, Defense Catalysts for your rare ring+belt. I used a resistance catalyst on my ring to help get me res capped and defense catalyst on my crystal belt to get more ES/Armor.

Attribute catalyst on your circle of nostalgia (CoN) to squeeze out a couple extra attributes (or get one with an implicit you can bump).

An important note that the Mana catalyst does NOT reduce mana reserved on HoA. I actually bought a perfect explicit rolled CoN (100% inc dmg + 40% reduced reserved) because I had planned on reducing reservation with catalysts. I wish I had known. Only cost me a single extra Ex luckily and the 100% is still a big bump.

3) Pantheon - Lack of Stun Immunity can really hurt this build when not fully geared out.

A lot of the meta morphs have stuff that can chain stun you. I had a couple deaths in my early 80s before I had a lot of ES due to stunlocks and it felt really bad. On the flip side, I don't even notice when a map rolls "projectiles chain". I would highly recommend Soul of Brine King over Lunaris. It probably doesn't matter at high gear levels, but I'd highly recommend Brine King starting out. Worst case you can swap to anti-chain Pantheon if the map mod has it.

4) Lethal Pride Kiloava

I never picked one up, and honestly I felt I didn't really need it. Maybe at lower ES levels (<11K ES) where smoothing out the damage matters. At 15K+ ES (I'm sitting at 20K) I'd rather have another jewel slot for more ES/Mana/Minion Dmg. There are a lot of 5c jewels that will net you 500 ES which I think is better than the smoothing damage out. I could also see the jewel being a detriment if running a no regen map which I do all the time (add in a mana flask) even though thats a huge amount of our survivability.

4) Skill tree

There are a lot of skill tree variations because the tree is dripping with good nodes to take. I highly recommend using Path of Building for optimization if you want to squeeze out a little extra. If you don't use Lethal Pride jewel then I found that my attached tree (ignore Whispers of Doom cluster, thats for my specific gear) was better

If you swap trees then it costs 1 extra skill point and lose 10 dex, but you gain 8% max mana, 5% max ES and 10% recharge rate. Unless you're losing a big notable that was hard to beat out.

5) Sirius Fight

One really nice thing about this build is since GGG hasn't fixed the stair glitch (blocks your movement path when trying to escape meteor) I could pop normal molten shell and easily tank the meteor at level 8.

I used skeletons for Sirius. I picked up a 4R2B on the cheap. I could probably do it with the normal build now that I know the fight, but skeletons let you easy mode it (outside of storm management) and basically just focus on running around in circles while picking up a bunch more ES through addition of Discipline instead of HoA and an extra ES ring. I've downed him on Awakening level 8 with hardly losing any ES.

Changes I do for Sirius. Swap to 4R2B chestpiece. Use Skeletons-Minion Dmg-Empower-Multistrike-Melee Phy-Ruthless. Add Discipline for more ES. Swap Golden Rule for a cheap "cannot be inflicted with corrupting blood jewel" (helps if you eat a laser to face). Swap ball lightning for Storm Brand (let's you mindlessly apply EE). Swap out Circle of Nostalgia for an ES ring (I use an unset so I can more easily swap around gems/add in Precision). You can also grab the "Lord of the Dead" node for a single skill point for an extra max skeletons and some damage.

7) Minions - Stoneskin Flayers

These guys are so unbelievably tanky. It took a long time to delve to depth 250+ (I luckily found them at 270) but oh boy was it worth it. These guys are tanks. I never summon them again unless I weapon swap in my hideout. You can also find another kind guardian that already has them unlocked and steal them off their desecrate which I would HIGHLY recommend.

8) Awakened Gems

You're missing Awakened Generosity in build guide. It's one of the cheaper gems. Won't be an enormous upgrade, but its still better.

As you stated Awakened Minion Damage is really good. Awakened Vicious Projectiles is good if you have the colors for it (I use 3R2G1B since thats the chestpiece colors I have). I could swap Vicious in instead of Pierce for single target but I'm too lazy and I felt for pretty much any content in this game it was unnecessary. Maybe if you use the same build for Sirius it might matter.

9) Use Precision and not Clarity until you get Watcher's Eye

The mana gained as ES is expensive this league and only getting more expensive (I bought yesterday for 32Ex, it was 25Ex a week ago and checking as of this posting its 35Ex now). Realistically most people playing this build won't be able to afford the watcher's eye. It is an enormous upgrade, but for most people, or until you get the watcher's eye, run Precision instead. Precision actually benefits your damage (~0.5-1% more) while Clarity gives you absolutely no benefit. You have more than enough mana regen to sustain flamedash.

10) Capping resists

Is really hard on this build. You basically only have three inventory slots to cap out resists with - wand, one ring, and belt (and fire res roll on helmet). Boots too if you drop Rainbowstride. I happened to get a wand with some extra resists, which I've really appreciated when I was working on balancing resists everywhere.

"Diamond Skin" is a great super cheap annoint to use until you can better gear out your resists.

------------

Awesome build! And here is my fairly min-maxed gear (note I use double curse because I managed to get Temp chain effect enchant + a good double corrupt on my shaper's touch). The shaper's touch also gives +2 levels to Skitterbots since technically its a "mine" skill:

And here is my Sirius swaps:

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/UBQLyXtw
Anyone who has the Spectres could pm me in game? Game screwed me over by randomnly closing portals so now I'm stuck without them.

/edit/ got them, thanks!
Last edited by bluesylph on Dec 31, 2019, 2:25:06 PM
"
bluesylph wrote:
Anyone who has the Spectres could pm me in game? Game screwed me over by randomnly closing portals so now I'm stuck without them.

If you lose your spectres they should still be in your desecrate pool
"
phexifa wrote:
"
bluesylph wrote:

If you lose your spectres they should still be in your desecrate pool

Right? But they weren't. I was doing HoGM and left to buy a balefire wand to speed it up, came back after the trade which took only a few seconds and both portals and my specs were gone (they died in HoGM it was my mistake ofc to not resummon them right away in my hideout, but still)
"
Aschere wrote:
One of my favorite builds of all time. This will be my first time that I shoot for level 100 (closest i've been is 80% of way to 98). I ended up getting my +1 double corrupted chestpiece off price of loyalty cards that I bought on Day 2 of the league (started as Icicle mines and was hoping for a good AOE/Aura Skin of Loyal and instead got 3R2G1B with +1 gems). Swapped to pyroclaster, which works ok with those colors, early league to earn currency while I bought up all my gear pieces for this build.

1) Annointment/Oil

In every configuration I tried, "Primal Spirit" (15% max mana, 20% mana regen, 20% flask charges gained, +20str/int) was strictly better than "Utmost might". And it's cheaper to annoint (two silvers instead of a gold). More ES, more mana, more armor, and it gives extra flask charges to top it off - which matters for things like Sirius.

Even if I grabbed the +30str nodes, had a perfect qualitied astramentis, and got T1 str rolls on my ring/belt (which makes resistances super hard to get) Primal Spirits was better in every possible way.

"Mana Flows" was also better than "Utmost Might" but "Primal Spirits" still came out on top.

Resistance, Mana, Defense Catalysts for your rare ring+belt. I used a resistance catalyst on my ring to help get me res capped and defense catalyst on my crystal belt to get more ES/Armor.

Attribute catalyst on your circle of nostalgia (CoN) to squeeze out a couple extra attributes (or get one with an implicit you can bump).

An important note that the Mana catalyst does NOT reduce mana reserved on HoA. I actually bought a perfect explicit rolled CoN (100% inc dmg + 40% reduced reserved) because I had planned on reducing reservation with catalysts. I wish I had known. Only cost me a single extra Ex luckily and the 100% is still a big bump.

3) Pantheon - Lack of Stun Immunity can really hurt this build when not fully geared out.

A lot of the meta morphs have stuff that can chain stun you. I had a couple deaths in my early 80s before I had a lot of ES due to stunlocks and it felt really bad. On the flip side, I don't even notice when a map rolls "projectiles chain". I would highly recommend Soul of Brine King over Lunaris. It probably doesn't matter at high gear levels, but I'd highly recommend Brine King starting out. Worst case you can swap to anti-chain Pantheon if the map mod has it.

4) Lethal Pride Kiloava

I never picked one up, and honestly I felt I didn't really need it. Maybe at lower ES levels (<11K ES) where smoothing out the damage matters. At 15K+ ES (I'm sitting at 20K) I'd rather have another jewel slot for more ES/Mana/Minion Dmg. There are a lot of 5c jewels that will net you 500 ES which I think is better than the smoothing damage out. I could also see the jewel being a detriment if running a no regen map which I do all the time (add in a mana flask) even though thats a huge amount of our survivability.

4) Skill tree

There are a lot of skill tree variations because the tree is dripping with good nodes to take. I highly recommend using Path of Building for optimization if you want to squeeze out a little extra. If you don't use Lethal Pride jewel then I found that my attached tree (ignore Whispers of Doom cluster, thats for my specific gear) was better

If you swap trees then it costs 1 extra skill point and lose 10 dex, but you gain 8% max mana, 5% max ES and 10% recharge rate. Unless you're losing a big notable that was hard to beat out.

5) Sirius Fight

One really nice thing about this build is since GGG hasn't fixed the stair glitch (blocks your movement path when trying to escape meteor) I could pop normal molten shell and easily tank the meteor at level 8.

I used skeletons for Sirius. I picked up a 4R2B on the cheap. I could probably do it with the normal build now that I know the fight, but skeletons let you easy mode it (outside of storm management) and basically just focus on running around in circles while picking up a bunch more ES through addition of Discipline instead of HoA and an extra ES ring. I've downed him on Awakening level 8 with hardly losing any ES.

Changes I do for Sirius. Swap to 4R2B chestpiece. Use Skeletons-Minion Dmg-Empower-Multistrike-Melee Phy-Ruthless. Add Discipline for more ES. Swap Golden Rule for a cheap "cannot be inflicted with corrupting blood jewel" (helps if you eat a laser to face). Swap ball lightning for Storm Brand (let's you mindlessly apply EE). Swap out Circle of Nostalgia for an ES ring (I use an unset so I can more easily swap around gems/add in Precision). You can also grab the "Lord of the Dead" node for a single skill point for an extra max skeletons and some damage.

These guys are so unbelievably tanky. It took a long time to delve to depth 250+ (I luckily found them at 270) but oh boy was it worth it. These guys are tanks. I never summon them again unless I weapon swap in my hideout. You can also find another kind guardian that already has them unlocked and steal them off their desecrate which I would HIGHLY recommend.

8) Awakened Gems

You're missing Awakened Generosity in build guide. It's one of the cheaper gems. Won't be an enormous upgrade, but its still better.

As you stated Awakened Minion Damage is really good. Awakened Vicious Projectiles is good if you have the colors for it (I use 3R2G1B since thats the chestpiece colors I have). I could swap Vicious in instead of Pierce for single target but I'm too lazy and I felt for pretty much any content in this game it was unnecessary. Maybe if you use the same build for Sirius it might matter.

The mana gained as ES is expensive this league and only getting more expensive (I bought yesterday for 32Ex, it was 25Ex a week ago and checking as of this posting its 35Ex now). Realistically most people playing this build won't be able to afford the watcher's eye. It is an enormous upgrade, but for most people, or until you get the watcher's eye, run Precision instead. Precision actually benefits your damage (~0.5-1% more) while Clarity gives you absolutely no benefit. You have more than enough mana regen to sustain flamedash.

10) Capping resists

Is really hard on this build. You basically only have three inventory slots to cap out resists with - wand, one ring, and belt (and fire res roll on helmet). Boots too if you drop Rainbowstride. I happened to get a wand with some extra resists, which I've really appreciated when I was working on balancing resists everywhere.

"Diamond Skin" is a great super cheap annoint to use until you can better gear out your resists.

------------

Awesome build! And here is my fairly min-maxed gear (note I use double curse because I managed to get Temp chain effect enchant + a good double corrupt on my shaper's touch). The shaper's touch also gives +2 levels to Skitterbots since technically its a "mine" skill:

Thanks a lot for the super in-depth perspective!

1) I really love CTSabba's addition of Cyclopean Coil and can not be chilled/frozen boots, incredible quality of life improvement and not too difficult to get if you pick up Diamond Skin / Sanctuary, add 20% quality to your ring and craft high resistance boots. Immunity to all three elemental ailments is just so good and I highly recommend it. Given the relatively low cost to do this versus watcher's eye, I updated level 94 build to exclude Watcher's Eye and include this instead.

2) Added awakened generosity and changed recommendation to primal spirit! You are completely right it is better than Utmost Might in every way, there is zero reason to not take it.

3) Double curse is incredible if you can get Poacher's Mark on ring. You can use Projectile Weakness for 10% more or one of the defensive curses!
Last edited by hitmantb on Dec 31, 2019, 2:37:24 PM
"
Aschere wrote:

1) Annointment/Oil

4) Lethal Pride Kiloava

4) Skill tree

5) Sirius Fight

8) Awakened Gems

10) Capping resists

------------

Utmost might didn't need a gold, u may have a 2nd look but nice alternative i wanna look in POB myself.

You should upgrade your Wand to a +2 but the rest is pretty nice.
looks like my question was completely skipped from a few days ago, I am still having issues with the agony crawlers accuracy, does it get better? he misses a lot of the time so the clear is quite slow
"
looks like my question was completely skipped from a few days ago, I am still having issues with the agony crawlers accuracy, does it get better? he misses a lot of the time so the clear is quite slow

The suggestion to use precision instead of clarity until you get the clarity watcher's eye should help you with accuracy
"

Gravepact adds 65% minion accuracy for four points. If you feel crawler is missing too much, you can take these four points earlier. I did not include them in the level 68 build because frankly I didn't really notice crawler missing. You can try take them now and see if it improves.
Last edited by hitmantb on Dec 31, 2019, 3:17:03 PM
Last Update of the Year! Thank you CTSabba and Aschere with suggestions for build improvements!

1) Updated level 94 build to use Cyclopean Coil and self-crafted Can Not Be Chilled / Frozen Boots. The 600-700 energy shield Primal Spirit (better than Utmost Might in every way), in my opinion is a small price to pay compared to being immune to ignite, shock, chill and freeze.

It is not too difficult to cap resistance if you use Diamond Skin or Sanctuary for anointment, 20% quality on ring, and you can get 100% resistance on self-crafted boots if you take something that has 20 cold/lightning resistance as implicit.

2) Watcher's Eye is just too expensive so I am leaving that to the ultra luxury build. Updated ultra luxury build to have double curse by putting poacher's mark on hit on the ring.
Last edited by hitmantb on Dec 31, 2019, 3:26:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info