[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Hi, can you take a look on my character?
I can barely survive t14 maps and I think I have a solid build/items.
I really don't understand why I got hit like a truck.
Some stats sumary:
·Block att 68% (74 with Tempest activate)
·Block spell 44% (50 with Tempest activate)
·Resistances 75/75/76 (92/89/140 overcap)
·Chaos Resis 26%
·ES 5676, I'm saving to buy a Thread of Hope that should upgrade my ES

Any clues?
Thanks in advance
"
alexartak wrote:
I'm not sure why i'm taking damage through full energy shield with shavronne? Is there something elsa that goes through the shield apart from chaos? I'v died a few times with full es. Thanks for the build btw.

Probably excavation mode "Monster kill things with 20% or lower Life"
I found out why my dps was so low. My wand's double curses weren't being triggered because I had technically enough mana to cast both BUT when I use a flamedash or lightning trap to trigger it, that mana is first subtracted and THEN there isn't enough left... I feel so stupid...
"
MingONE wrote:
"
alexartak wrote:
I'm not sure why i'm taking damage through full energy shield with shavronne? Is there something elsa that goes through the shield apart from chaos? I'v died a few times with full es. Thanks for the build btw.

Probably excavation mode "Monster kill things with 20% or lower Life"

It is part of the issue, but I still lose 100-200hp sometimes for no apparent reason outside of expedition.

edit: I found the issue. I had a caustic mana flask....i'm dumb
Last edited by alexartak on Jul 30, 2021, 4:43:46 PM

Vennto officially online, crafting starts this weekend :P
"

First of all I do PoB. I played this game A LOT and trust me, I know what im doing, crit was there for a short period of time before I bought abyss jewels to belt. Technically the less flat lightning u have, then better option is to use crit chance instead of ele focus.

Now CWDT and Assmark stuff - its simple as fuck - I dont have enough mana after cwdt changes to cast Assmark on CWDT. Since clearspeed is something okayish I manually use Assmark on rares/bosses, Im used to it, so its fine. When I will find a way to improve my mana pool I will switch assmark and tempshield, coz assmark-trigger costs 94 mana, and I do have 95 mana open - and since im throwing traps all the time - assmark doesnt trigger. Im considering some mana nodes, coz even if i get 20% mana from cluster jewel - I wanna get rid off dream fragments later on, wich gives 20% inc mana anyway, so I will be at the same point lol.

Also someone mentioned it few pages later - your 2mln PoB dps is kinda fake, coz its setup for perfect condiotions with every utility up at a one point.

i'll be straight.

If you ask for help while wearing the wrong gems and the PoB+Guide is literally is pointing you to gems that raise your DPS by a noticeable amount (11% in this case as I pointed out)... then coming back at me with "I know what i'm doing thx" ... is probably not the play.

There are some 20+ videos in the guide and double that number on my youtube showing the character from the pob ravishing all content, hows that for a "FAKE POB".

POB has my actual gems and flasks + de-curse & power/frenzy active, idk in what build guide you don't have those active when you POB your "build damage", maybe your extended experience knows better.

The character IN the pob is my own literal character from last league IN my own gear from last league. Just like the character IN the pob from last league, was my literal character from the league BEFORE last league.

If "perfect conditions" is to use your lvl 12 sigil of power and throw your traps on the boss, finishing with a bear trap while pressing your flasks... then maybe you just need to practice it a bit.

Feel free to look up the characters, they're still on my account, so you can POB them for those "fake conditions".

Your explanation for downgrading your DPS with crit chance over ele focus makes no sense btw. There is no scenario where that 11% downgrade is "better" or should have anything to do with upgrading your ABYSS belt jewel ... which btw has an on-kill multiplier you cannot use since traps don't work with on-kill effects.

Oh and finally, 2mil is nothing to brag about, you realize that right?
If I wanted to be fair to my build, I'd need to find a way to make that number 50mil+ since that's the real average damage, not 2mil.
POB only calculates avg damage from 1 single lightning ball in 1 trap... which obviously is completely unrealistic when each "attack" you throw 3 traps that has 9 lightning balls each and are all extruding from the center of the trap and engaging with a 6unit size boss if you land your traps somewhat close to him.
Last edited by oestergreen on Jul 30, 2021, 11:39:11 AM
"
Vennto wrote:

Vennto officially online, crafting starts this weekend :P

That is a nasty friggin' wand....

I admit I haven't played this league much yet apart from just reaching maps, but whenever I see items like that I feel the urge to find time and login ;P

goodluck on the shield craft, I'm guessing the 2ex method still works fine? :)
Last edited by oestergreen on Jul 30, 2021, 11:21:12 AM
"
That is a nasty friggin' wand....

I admit I haven't played this league much yet apart from just reaching maps, but whenever I see items like that I feel the urge to find time and login ;P

goodluck on the shield craft, I'm guessing the 2ex method still works fine? :)

Yeah its insane, I bought it without the craft for 140c. The economy this league is so damn slow, with the 20ex I have at my disposal I am righ af compared to other leagues. People really have a hard time making money so everything is quite cheap.

And yeah, the shield-craft will be done exactly the same way, but I´ll probably will not get as lucky on the spell block in turn one. That part comes later, I am just glad to be able to swap to this build now as my summoner-start (the "secret op build")... well, let´s say it pushed to t16 in day 1, so theres that. Other than this it felt kinda meh to be honest and I am thrilled to be able to play traps again.

"
If I wanted to be fair to my build, I'd need to find a way to make that number 50mil+ since that's the real average damage, not 2mil.

They added an option to PoB to account for multiple traps. You can set this to 19. This does not account for the dmg-per-ball-problem, but its at least something.
Hey. Thank you very much for guide i really enjoyed the build till t13-16. When i encountered some survivability problems so i switched to shield charge with fortify but it seems super clunky compared to flame dash.

Anyway the bigger problem was that it seems like im doing ~200k per mine without flask and mark. And around 340k with. It takes ages to kill some bosses.

And today i wasnt able to kill oshabi. Wasted 6portals. Felt Zdps and i was getting kinda one-shoted while standing still. Kinda discouraged me from continuing with build. And i think i got pretty decent gear.

Can you please look at my character and check what im doing wrong, what can i improve? Also i crafted this wand recently
and I wonder if its better then mine

Also the reason i dont have in creased duration in my weapon its because increased duration makes skills too expensive to trigger.

Im trying to acquire some currency for 6link shavs but its pretty pricy. Thank you for the help.
Last edited by sintari on Jul 30, 2021, 4:20:05 PM
"
sintari wrote:
Hey. Thank you very much for guide i really enjoyed the build till t13-16. When i encountered some survivability problems so i switched to shield charge with fortify but it seems super clunky compared to flame dash.

Anyway the bigger problem was that it seems like im doing ~200k per mine without flask and mark. And around 340k with. It takes ages to kill some bosses.

And today i wasnt able to kill oshabi. Wasted 6portals. Felt Zdps and i was getting kinda one-shoted while standing still. Kinda discouraged me from continuing with build. And i think i got pretty decent gear.

Can you please look at my character and check what im doing wrong, what can i improve? Also i crafted this wand recently
and I wonder if its better then mine

Also the reason i dont have in creased duration in my weapon its because increased duration makes skills too expensive to trigger.

Im trying to acquire some currency for 6link shavs but its pretty pricy. Thank you for the help.

Well, you're in a 5link and talking about oshabi who has like the most HP of all end-game bosses pretty much:)

Granted I kill awakener on a 5L and showed it's possible to clear t16s on a 5L in previous leagues, but its still not gonna feel smooth obviously... POE is balanced around having a 6L for endgame bossing/t16 - not to mention, we're playing the biggest nerf league of all times --- all your support gems has been reduced in effectiveness, making a 5L even rougher in ALL builds across the table.

However an immediate help to kill bosses would be to exchange your elem focus for lightning pen. That should feel better and speed it up a little.

Perhaps if you have a very low mana pool, you might consider using the alternative way of cursing with arcanist brand.

For survival, you should be ok if you got 7kes + but obviously getting rumi's flask will also help you. In general, since all flask charges and flasks have been nerfed, all builds suffer having less uptime on defensive flasks.

Luckily for the most part our biggest source of survival layering comes from our ascendancy and es-on-block shields. (regen, recovery, blinding all and blocking)

If you got currency to spend, then getting a crown of the inward eye with lab enchant would also boost your dps significantly. You could prolly sell your old helmet for half or more of the investment towards an inward eye.

In 2-3'ish levels, switch alira to +2 instead and start the cluster setup which will provide you with a bunch of penetration that will help a lot vs bossing as well.

6-Link is still your biggest gain of all these things though, and in this nerf league considering the state of support gems in general, i'd say 6link is required for endgame content to feel good, a 5L can manage with good gear around it, but it won't feel great.

For the weapons, you'd have to check POB with your own character loaded up.

Hope it all helps though, Hf :)
Last edited by oestergreen on Jul 30, 2021, 4:47:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info