[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Updated several different sections of the guide, a lot of smaller corrections and some new gear additions + re-wrote the gem section entirely to make it simpler to follow;

💎 GEM LINKS
Spoiler

Note1: If you are ever confused about any gems, then check out my most recent character -> click my profile -> DissentXTV
Note2: Using an awakened version of the gems that exist in such version is optimal, but not at all required, it's luxury.

✔️ Damage
Spoiler

GEMS IN ORDER OF PRIORITY:

Lightning Trap (6-Link)

- Alternatives:

Note 1: Lightning Penetration is your best gem until you reach a certain threshold of penetration (via tree, potential cluster jewel selections and if you use the trigger wand setup). Best way to measure if you've reached it is through swapping Lightning Pen with Controlled Destruction in POB and compare the damage result.
Note 2: If you don't have a pierce lab enchant(helmet), add pierce as a jewel or a temporary talisman - you get a jewel in act 5 with +1 pierce.

Lightning Spire Trap (4-Link) (❗Read notes, important)

❗Around yellow tier maps you can drop the Lightning Spire trap entirely and use the Trigger setup below: (If you crafted shaper gloves with extra trap stats, keep them even without spire traps their dmg mods are global).
You put 3 gems in your weapon and craft the weapon with a trigger suffix craft that automatically triggers a gem in your weapon sockets with an 8 sec delay.
❗❗❗OBS take off wave of conviction gem in reflect maps.

Trigger Setup (only works in your weapon, so swap current weapon gems into whatever item you used to have spire traps in and add the below gems to your weapon)

Note1: If you do not have a trigger craft or no room for it on your weapon, alternatively you can use Arcanist Brand linked with Assassins' mark and Wave of conviction. You then place the brand on bosses and it will debuff with wave & mark.
Note2: Depending on your crit chance and dexterity, Sniper's mark may in some cases outperform Assassins' mark by a significant margin - you have to POB this with your own character/stats/gear.

✔️ Auras
Spoiler

Visual:
Spoiler

Mana Reserve Auras - (4 Link).

Life Reserve Auras - (3 Link).

✔️ Utility
Spoiler

Mobility & Utility - (4 Link).

Defense - (4 Link).

Note:Discipline or Wrath aura can wait till late-game, or when your mana reserve can afford it, go with whichever makes you feel comfortable with your damage or ES-pool. As you level, pickup reduced reserve sovereignty skill node.

Last edited by oestergreen on May 11, 2021, 5:08:57 PM
You swapped sniper mark for assassins' mark does it give more damage ?

What is the real difference ?
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
Vendetta wrote:
You swapped sniper mark for assassins' mark does it give more damage ?

What is the real difference ?

"
Note2: Depending on your crit chance and dexterity, Sniper's mark may in some cases outperform Assassins' mark by a significant margin - you have to POB this with your own character/stats/gear.

hey, im not struggling with the build just feel like the damage is a bit low, i know i need to level gems and my character but where do i go from there? my ES is 6k
here is my pob: https://pastebin.com/vk5Q7NxD
my character is public aswell i think
any help is appreciated thanks
"
sBrief wrote:
hey, im not struggling with the build just feel like the damage is a bit low, i know i need to level gems and my character but where do i go from there? my ES is 6k
here is my pob: https://pastebin.com/vk5Q7NxD
my character is public aswell i think
any help is appreciated thanks

- you have expeditious amunitions anointed while you specced into it - get master sapper anoint.
- Get Levels and slot in good Cobalt Jewels
- Get higher Gem Levels and quality on gems as well / Awakened Gems
- Quality your weapon to 30% and get harvest enchant "quality gives ele damage"
- Fix your Wise oak - 15%, make sure lightning is your highest res.
- boot enchantment

so you have tons of things to take care of.
Last edited by Vennto on May 11, 2021, 9:12:00 PM
Managed to do some more expensive Upgrades yesterday (Corrupted Shavs with "+2 to Trap Gems" and "Reduced Extra Dmg from Crit Dmg", Watchers Eye with "Mana as Energy Shield" and "Lightning Penetration")
Build feels really smooth now.

Corrupted Shav gave me about ~20% more DPS, Watchers Eye another 6% Dps to reach 380k average Hit (PoB) and about 700 ES to nearly reach 10k ES in total.

There are still so many things to improve (additional Damage Stats on Rings, Belt and Gloves, better Weapon, Shield with reduced Mana Reservation, Awakaned Gems, ...) and i should really start leveling beyond Level 95.
How exactly are people getting the 74% spell block chances ?

Right now with everything allocated in the tree rumy + tempest shield up I am sitting at 62%. Am I missing something ?
"
Vendetta wrote:

Right now with everything allocated in the tree rumy + tempest shield up I am sitting at 62%. Am I missing something ?

Chance to Block Spell Damage Mod on Shield can help.
"
SummerRain86 wrote:
"
Vendetta wrote:

A wait yeah in the pob he has that mod :(.
Last edited by Vendetta on May 12, 2021, 7:32:05 AM
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
SummerRain86 wrote:
"
Vendetta wrote:

A wait yeah in the pob he has that mod :(.

You don't need spellblock on your shield to hit the cap.
If you notice in the POB, the character has no rumi's flask, so it's missing 10% (20% with glancing) spellblock from not having rumi's flask, hence if you had rumi's which is part of the guide, you will cap spellblock without any spellblock on your shield.

If you go for flask of bottled faith, then you need spellblock on your shield to still reach cap (or just settle for 5% bench crafted spellblock on shield and 68'ish Sblock).

"
SummerRain86 wrote:
Managed to do some more expensive Upgrades yesterday (Corrupted Shavs with "+2 to Trap Gems" and "Reduced Extra Dmg from Crit Dmg", Watchers Eye with "Mana as Energy Shield" and "Lightning Penetration")
Build feels really smooth now.

Corrupted Shav gave me about ~20% more DPS, Watchers Eye another 6% Dps to reach 380k average Hit (PoB) and about 700 ES to nearly reach 10k ES in total.

There are still so many things to improve (additional Damage Stats on Rings, Belt and Gloves, better Weapon, Shield with reduced Mana Reservation, Awakaned Gems, ...) and i should really start leveling beyond Level 95.

Those are some nice upgrades mate, grats :)
Atm, i'm running an extra tanky version of the build, but that's only while leveling from 98 to 100, because I like to do sometimes silly map mods and that it takes a long time mapping to get to 100 when you're not running 5-ways or chayula spamming:) As soon as I hit 100, i'm speccin' back to my normal min/max build with a large cluster setup, as it's much more damage.

Really nice shield you got also, with a free suffix which means you could at some point drop rumi's, get 5% crafted spellblock and grab a bottled faith, while still having very high spellblock.
Last edited by oestergreen on May 12, 2021, 8:16:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info