[3.9] Plague Assassin Venom Guy (Gyre)/ 17 Mil+ DPS / 6 Mil+ Shaper DPS / All Content / Any Map Mods

Rolled this claw whilst aiming for the 100% more poison damage and attack speed. Seems the only difference between this and the multimod is the crit chance.

I was thinking whether it would be worth crafting prefixes cannot be changed, scouring and multimoding attack speed and crit/qual. This would result in a reduction in attack speed. POB shows very marginal dps gains with this.

Seems pretty decent as it is though, so considering the cost of all that is it better just to slam and pray?
Last edited by LordHooch on Oct 23, 2019, 7:34:10 AM
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Thanks a bunch for putting this together. I got into the league fairly late. Did try an ED build again, but really just not for me, so i switched to this at 18 or so, and am enjoying.

My question is if I should just stick with tabula until I can get 2.5ex together for a belly, or if you think it's worth while to look at a cheaper 6L unique first. My main thing for now is to try to get other defenses pieces up so i can start using more of the uniques, like the shield. Gear definitely needs work (and so does my level)

Glad you're having fun!
Def just save for the belly, they are up for 2 ex sometimes now.

"
LordHooch wrote:

Rolled this claw whilst aiming for the 100% more poison damage and attack speed. Seems the only difference between this and the multimod is the crit chance.

I was thinking whether it would be worth crafting prefixes cannot be changed, scouring and multimoding attack speed and crit/qual. This would result in a reduction in attack speed. POB shows very marginal dps gains with this.

Seems pretty decent as it is though, so considering the cost of all that is it better just to slam and pray?

Oh yea that is great the way it is. But honestly i would take off the phys craft and exalt slam it hoping for another good prefix or suffix mod like higher flat phys or crit chance, poison damage etc.

Then I would divine for 27% attack speed and 150%+ phys, then recraft the flat phys(if exalting didnt add it) until you hit a good roll again, shouldnt be hard to hit 17-30.

Then make it the colours you need and corrupt to 40% quality in the minagerie. It will probably be more dps than the crafted claw in the guide/that i am using, just because the phys will be so high.

Edit: Actually i just stuck it in PoB and with perfect rolls 154% phys, 17-30 phys, 27% ias. It's only 200,000 dps less then my claw. So its a very good claw!

Spoiler
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
Last edited by Lunartuna on Oct 23, 2019, 10:41:32 AM
Sorry for dumb question, but what does skitter bots give us. Do we gain effectiveness from their chill effect?
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Sorry for dumb question, but what does skitter bots give us. Do we gain effectiveness from their chill effect?

We gain effectivness from their shock :)
BzyxXx

SURSUM CORDA 4 LIFE
Thanks for that luna, so just slam, divine and beast corrupt? I thought you could only beast corrupt to 30% quality?

Hopefully to ex hits something decent. Will let you know how it goes.
Last edited by LordHooch on Oct 24, 2019, 8:35:18 AM
"
LordHooch wrote:
Thanks for that luna, so just slam, divine and beast corrupt? I thought you could only beast corrupt to 30% quality?

Hopefully to ex hits something decent. Will let you know how it goes.

Slam, divine, craft on flat phys if still needed, then beast corrupt.

The text on the beast corrupt is misleading, it should say it will add 10% quality and corrupt.
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
Last edited by Lunartuna on Oct 24, 2019, 10:25:28 AM
Hello!

Here are some improvements to his original build that are easy to implement. The top being harder as you need new rings, and the bottom being very easy and everyone should make that change.

This made me much stronger:

Getting rid of Blood Magic for Vaal Skeletons was a huge help for me at 2k depth, being that they are a sweet meat shield. All around they are a great utility in a tough situation. You will need to get a second enchant of non-channeling skills -9 on your other ring, but if you replace the rarity it is a shoe in. I also was able to get all necessary stats as well as a Socketed ring for Vaal Grace which is a sweet utility. Especially tied along with the skeletons as they all receive that buff as well as fortify sitting in place of Blood Magic. Makes it super super easy to do those T3 Azurite nodes that are super deep.

More importantly and easy to change:

Switching around the 3 links so that my +2 to Socketed AOE on my shield could effect Malevolence/Increased AOE/Plague Bearer (+2 to all Socketed gems instead of to only 2 of the gems as he has it set right now). Even if you don't have +2 to Socketed AOE throwing Flamedash with Increased Duration/Skitterbots/Vaal Haste makes the Flamedash spell last longer which looks cooler since I have a MTX for Flamedash and it does a little more damage which is nullified by the insane amount of damage I do with my main hand using this build. Regardless, it fits better that way even if the damage means nothing really.

All in all this has been one of my strongest builds, there isn't anything that's hard. I have never filmed before but this makes me want to try, so I can submit videos and show the ease of game-play with this hero.

Thank you,
Always Improving

a
Last edited by JohnnyMiller21 on Oct 24, 2019, 1:04:12 PM
Hello.. i rly like ur build.. i have done everything in game uber elder , uber atziri and more easy and without problems. i decided to play with farruls and its rly cool and fun. i need an advice about my weapon.. need to improve something else? here is my gear :
@Lunartuna - I just want to thank you for spinning off this build. I was using the original (loczek), with Fenumus' Weave, and while I had a lot of fun and it was a great leveling experience, I was frustrated with end-game. It was slow. And dangerous. I wasn't motivated to push myself to complete all content and considered stopping once a buddy of mine killed UE for me. For the life of me, I couldn't do it, myself. I couldn't even kill Regular Elder, without the Shaper dying mid-fight.

But, then your off-shoot came along, and honest-to-God, it revolutionized the whole build for me. Asenath's was an incredible choice. Belly of the Beast worked perfectly. I respecced my passives to a modified (more life-heavy) spec, started running Malevolence and skitterbots, and...

The whole game changed. The distant, muffled machine-gun pop from Asenath's, as enemies I couldn't even see burst off-screen. Whipping around the areas, slicing and dicing. Clearspeed became FTLspeed. I started chewing through maps and bosses I never thought possible. Guardians were cut down in seconds, rather than minutes. Blighted maps were cleansed without mercy. Whole maps were cleared in a minute or two (aside from Cassia). Content opened up, that was never accessible to me.

Downed The Pale Court, then Elder, then Shaper, then Pure Chayula, then Uber Atziri, and finally cleared (after 4 leagues) THE Uber Elder, all by my lonesome.

The best news was - I stopped dying, altogether. Level 94 became level 95. 95 to 96. And finally, 96... after an extremely long grind and over a hundred maps... 96 became 97.

Rank #50 in the whole world, for Venom Gyre specifically. Just 24 spots down from you, Lunar, on PoB!

Rank #1,810 for all Shadow players. Rank #9,846 of all players worldwide.

That's a pretty big accomplishment for me, and it's all thanks to your inspiration :D

And the best part - after all that leveling, slaughtering and looting? I noticed I had about 32ex stored up. So, for the first time ever - I WENT FOR IT.

It was almost-mythical to me, all these years. Headhunter. So out of reach. An impossibility. Something that other players had, that I envied. It was time to dig in and reach for those skulls to hang on my belt.

And I'm happy and proud to report:

Solo'd all content, accomplished everything I wanted to accomplish, cemented spot on the leaderboard, and finally... FINALLY... Headhunter.

It's my perfect going-away-present, as I say goodbye to such a beautiful game that I spent so much (too much, haha!) of my life with.

Thanks @lunartuna, for showing me the way. You're an allstar, in my book. And your VG build kicks some serious butt!
Last edited by cuorebrave on Oct 25, 2019, 1:47:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info