[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

BL does vastly out damage arc for single target. Try putting arc in your chest instead of ball lighting and seeing how fast you kill a target with it.

Ultimately adding more modifiers is not going to have a massive difference in your final shock values unless you can grow the base values substantially. The fact is that the Shaper/Sirus/Elder have too much health for the formula to be swayed substantially enough to make the gains worth the loss. Even if you are bad at placing your cyclone and standing ontop of the bosses rather than hitting them with the edge of your cyclone (which is how you get optimal ball hits) and you are only getting 8 or 10 hits per ball lightning (which would be VERY bad placement) it still going to out perform arc.

There would certainly be a point where arc would win out over BL on your main hand, with enough added shock effectivness and scaling the damage, but those are nodes you would be taking away from other damage clusters so the math would get very complicated. Ultimately I would just swap arc in for ball lightning for clear and change it before bossing.

You can also go low life, which would get you heralds that would help your clear.
"
faytte wrote:
BL does vastly out damage arc for single target. Try putting arc in your chest instead of ball lighting and seeing how fast you kill a target with it.

Ultimately adding more modifiers is not going to have a massive difference in your final shock values unless you can grow the base values substantially. The fact is that the Shaper/Sirus/Elder have too much health for the formula to be swayed substantially enough to make the gains worth the loss. Even if you are bad at placing your cyclone and standing ontop of the bosses rather than hitting them with the edge of your cyclone (which is how you get optimal ball hits) and you are only getting 8 or 10 hits per ball lightning (which would be VERY bad placement) it still going to out perform arc.

There would certainly be a point where arc would win out over BL on your main hand, with enough added shock effectivness and scaling the damage, but those are nodes you would be taking away from other damage clusters so the math would get very complicated. Ultimately I would just swap arc in for ball lightning for clear and change it before bossing.

You can also go low life, which would get you heralds that would help your clear.

I did 4 full Conq/Sirus rotations on Arc/Arc, and they still melted pretty fast. Felt maybe like 20-30% slower, instead of taking twice the time which it should according to dps calcs.
Feelings are a pretty poor metric of actuals. Most of Sirus fight is eaten up with phase transitions, but if you do not agree with the math you can always record arc/arc vs ball lighting/ball lightning and track the actual combat seconds between both builds. Ball lightning should be significantly ahead in boss damage. It's only real issue is the 1-2 second lag, as we track ball lightnings dps across the life cycle of the ball, where arc (and most skills in fact) deal their damage up front. For clearing or vs very squishy targets immediate damage is better, or if your damage is so very large that you can phase things instantly without the need for ball lightning since its damage is not realized immediately but over about 1.5 seconds from being triggered.

There is a pretty reliable graphic on the home page of the build that explains how you can get X hits off of your ball lightning. My feeling is if you might not be clipping bosses with the edge of your cyclone. You want to be as far away from the boss while still hitting them, which means your ball lightnings are getting their maximum hits--not doing this is costing you damage as the ball lightning will travel passed the boss faster and thus get less hits off on the boss. The difference between 12-14 hits and 8-10 hits is pretty big, so good play is always ideal.
Dinged 100 tonight! Just had 2 stupid deaths from 98 to 100. 8mod Map with 4-5 dmg mods on quills can hurt, and then didn't pay attention to Abyssal Lich totem detonation while helping a fellow guy with the build!

Anyway, even as LL with ~7500 ES, with max purities can be insanely tanky coupled with all other layers of defence + phys > elemental corruptions/watchers eye. And obviously a Headhunter makes the grind so much easier, making double beyond maps a pleasure to run!
All of exp was done 100% solo mapping, delving/Alva temple and 2-3 pure breachstones in the end I had stacked up from Jun. None of Metamorphs were ever skipped and always tried to squueze out most juice/value out of them!

Because I really liked playing CoC for first time and sadly I see a nerf incoming to either ES on hit/some other mechanic and I feel like I'm not done yet with the league.
Decided that I'm going for Ascendant, (Assassin + Raider) for 6PC/6Frenzies and perma onslaught on bosses and building something around it. 7.5 aps is going to be very easy to cap out and with addition of Elusive + Tailwind boots it opens up lot of opportunities. I think it can be a really strong overall mapper and boss killer. Downside is that I can't run Militant Faith for 21% more dmg but I think the 6 Frenzies with 24% more dmg make up for it and Onslauhgt frees up a flask slot for something, either defensive or offensive depending on playstyle.

Anyway, my gear didn't change too much from last time, changed out my Watcher's Eye to something more defensive and grabbed another jewel with ES + 2 crit multi + dmg. Having couple of those jewels will make your dmg skyrocket in the end but they are incredibly pricy atm.
I've got Awakened curse on hit from Sirus and thinkig to swap arcane surge for additional curse.
Any suggestion what will work the best for the league?

1. Ele-weaknes - more pen, but may be its overkill
2. Enfeeble - always good QoL for more defence
3. Proj Weakens - does it work for spell proj?
4. Temp chains - meh
5. Assasin mark ?
"
larsahh_ wrote:
Dinged 100 tonight! Just had 2 stupid deaths from 98 to 100. 8mod Map with 4-5 dmg mods on quills can hurt, and then didn't pay attention to Abyssal Lich totem detonation while helping a fellow guy with the build!

Anyway, even as LL with ~7500 ES, with max purities can be insanely tanky coupled with all other layers of defence + phys > elemental corruptions/watchers eye. And obviously a Headhunter makes the grind so much easier, making double beyond maps a pleasure to run!
All of exp was done 100% solo mapping, delving/Alva temple and 2-3 pure breachstones in the end I had stacked up from Jun. None of Metamorphs were ever skipped and always tried to squueze out most juice/value out of them!

Because I really liked playing CoC for first time and sadly I see a nerf incoming to either ES on hit/some other mechanic and I feel like I'm not done yet with the league.
Decided that I'm going for Ascendant, (Assassin + Raider) for 6PC/6Frenzies and perma onslaught on bosses and building something around it. 7.5 aps is going to be very easy to cap out and with addition of Elusive + Tailwind boots it opens up lot of opportunities. I think it can be a really strong overall mapper and boss killer. Downside is that I can't run Militant Faith for 21% more dmg but I think the 6 Frenzies with 24% more dmg make up for it and Onslauhgt frees up a flask slot for something, either defensive or offensive depending on playstyle.

Anyway, my gear didn't change too much from last time, changed out my Watcher's Eye to something more defensive and grabbed another jewel with ES + 2 crit multi + dmg. Having couple of those jewels will make your dmg skyrocket in the end but they are incredibly pricy atm.

Super great. I started the league a bit later so I don't know if I'll ever catch up to the economy before league end, but I hope to do so and convert to low life. Looks really great.
"
blingi wrote:

I did 4 full Conq/Sirus rotations on Arc/Arc, and they still melted pretty fast. Felt maybe like 20-30% slower, instead of taking twice the time which it should according to dps calcs.

With the gear you have (50 ex or more ?) you can put any spell in your gear and it will still work....

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
Last edited by azamantes on Jan 18, 2020, 3:54:06 AM
"
faytte wrote:
Feelings are a pretty poor metric of actuals. Most of Sirus fight is eaten up with phase transitions, but if you do not agree with the math you can always record arc/arc vs ball lighting/ball lightning and track the actual combat seconds between both builds. Ball lightning should be significantly ahead in boss damage. It's only real issue is the 1-2 second lag, as we track ball lightnings dps across the life cycle of the ball, where arc (and most skills in fact) deal their damage up front. For clearing or vs very squishy targets immediate damage is better, or if your damage is so very large that you can phase things instantly without the need for ball lightning since its damage is not realized immediately but over about 1.5 seconds from being triggered.

There is a pretty reliable graphic on the home page of the build that explains how you can get X hits off of your ball lightning. My feeling is if you might not be clipping bosses with the edge of your cyclone. You want to be as far away from the boss while still hitting them, which means your ball lightnings are getting their maximum hits--not doing this is costing you damage as the ball lightning will travel passed the boss faster and thus get less hits off on the boss. The difference between 12-14 hits and 8-10 hits is pretty big, so good play is always ideal.

I'm aware, I'm just saying that after doing multiple Sirus and Conq kills back to back on both variations I can for a fact say that the ttk is not that different. Conqs take around one second more (for example Baran manages to barely get off his first attack while on BL I kill him while he is still charging it).
For Sirus I'm obviously talking about the individual phase transitions, not the entire fight. And I am whirling around bosses while barely still in melee range, so I should get close to the max number of BL hits off.
Hey guys, so level 87 and loving this. I would love some direction in which way to go to get a bit more single target dps and maybe a bit more survive-ability. Right now I can pretty much face tank and kill anything that is T15 and lower. T16 gets a little dicey and I think it just depends on the mods, but I can clear the whole map, bosses just die slow. Link to the pastebin, any advice would be appreciated. Current I am trying to craft a better shield, no luck on the rolls yet. https://pastebin.com/0rv2354Q
"
Jakichan32 wrote:
Hey guys, so level 87 and loving this. I would love some direction in which way to go to get a bit more single target dps and maybe a bit more survive-ability. Right now I can pretty much face tank and kill anything that is T15 and lower. T16 gets a little dicey and I think it just depends on the mods, but I can clear the whole map, bosses just die slow. Link to the pastebin, any advice would be appreciated. Current I am trying to craft a better shield, no luck on the rolls yet. https://pastebin.com/0rv2354Q

You dont have - res helpmet, arcane surge and tranquility annoit. Each of those are ton of damage so obvious you kill boss slowly and I think you cant even kill metamorp with regen mod. If you lack of resis try to replace the boot with a rare one
Also, buy the level 21 BL gem
Last edited by xxtntctxx on Jan 18, 2020, 12:57:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info