[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

"
CirrusFalcon wrote:
Is Atziri's Reflection a suitable replacement for the shield? Curse immunity is really nice.

If you can handle the loss of damage and ES, sure. The shield we use is just a stat stick basically. I don't think it's worth the loss of damage and ES, just for curse immunity though when we already use a curse immune flask that's up 99% of the time.
Last edited by Anointedone on Nov 7, 2019, 7:04:33 AM
i try to build a dual version of this, quite challenging. :-D
but i should end up with ~ 9 k es and ~50k per hit with balls.

Why do you dont use one of this?

should be far better than 40 inc. damage or?

do balls share cooldown across both mjölner?
currently my setup looks like this:

ripped my cold coc assa apart which could do uber elder sub 2 mins. trying to achieve the same here with more tankiness.
Last edited by NomadFX on Nov 7, 2019, 10:32:15 AM
Man the Watcher's Eye with the Energy Shield gained AND the zealtory critical strike chance XD
"
Ruekatu wrote:
Man the Watcher's Eye with the Energy Shield gained AND the zealtory critical strike chance XD

It's not necessary AT ALL, pretty much just a flex item. For the herald of ice version I'm using though, the extra crit would be really nice for more explosions. But for the original version, the amount of damage kills anything in the game.
Last edited by Anointedone on Nov 7, 2019, 7:44:51 PM
"
NomadFX wrote:
i try to build a dual version of this, quite challenging. :-D
but i should end up with ~ 9 k es and ~50k per hit with balls.

do balls share cooldown across both mjölner?
currently my setup looks like this:

ripped my cold coc assa apart which could do uber elder sub 2 mins. trying to achieve the same here with more tankiness.

If you're going to drop to 9k ES or lower, you definitely need the fortify on hit corruption on one of the Mjolnirs. Let us know how it works, I'd be interested in faster clear speed. As for the extra ball enchant, Noesy would have to answer. I'm not entirely sure if it would be better than 40% damage or not. My guess is 40% across all balls is better than 1 extra ball, especially since everything dies almost instantly anyway. I have no interest in Uber Elder farming, so if it gets you more single target damage then go for it.
Last edited by Anointedone on Nov 7, 2019, 7:53:33 PM
Will do. Fortify on Hit on MJ is a must, i know.
Its not only one ball more, its twice as many per second as i have 12 APS, so overall the dual dps should be much higher. anyways, a lot to minmax, give me a week or two, trading is pretty dead this league.

some ideas i have:
- fortify MJ
- unset elder for one more socket.
- running spider for bosses and herald of ice for maps
- elder crystal belt with 12% attr.
- arcane surge watchers (have ES on hit/arcane surge but want a 3 stat watchers)
- ele weakness on hit shaper's touch
- dual curse elders vaal regalia
- second curse is some on damage taken, prob. enfeeble
- as i proc arcane surge from watchers i have some sockets to play around with
- running blood rage as i need 12 APs with slow maces. and frenzy charges doesnt hurt
-if the damage is good enough at some point i may drop shapers ring and aim for an onslaught precursor to get rid of the onslaught flask.

Gear so far (easy T15 clearing possible)

Spoiler

Last edited by NomadFX on Nov 8, 2019, 9:25:45 AM
Here is my attempt at shattering:

https://pastebin.com/yXNxgcTz

Work is still in progress as I'm broke, but mostly I like how it works. Frostbite-supported Ball Lightning in Mjolner steadily provides frenzy charges, while the CoC'cked one is supposed to be a source of "single target dmg".

While there are no offscreen explosions, packs are reliably exploding as one.

OoS setup is to help with Blight portals.

Downsides are 8k ES (will be about 9k when I level up) and not such an overtuned single target damage as my scourge arrow raider has.

I wish some madman would chance elder Call of the Brotherhood and share his experience.
Last edited by bugenville on Nov 8, 2019, 8:39:15 AM
i like the onslaught support gem idea, will use that in my arc mjölner.^^
"
i like the onslaught support gem idea, will use that in my arc mjölner.^^

Actually I just took out the onslaught gem, because 3 frenzy + elusive + onslaught provided me 6.6 APS with Cyclone, so take care.
"
NomadFX wrote:

Multiple ball lightning projectiles from the same cast or trigger don't "shotgun", so they are useless for single target damage. The only thing you gain is slightly better area of effect. However, because you use slower projectiles support, you move much faster than the ball lightning projectiles, so additional projectiles don't help you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info