UFC 243 cannot be missed, here's why!

yeah ouch. when you train 6 days a week and have national sponsorship and a few matches in you sustain a major injury because your cartilage or something has a higher than normal tendency to tear.

A coworker was top ranked in motocross until his shoulder exploded when he skidded out on a slope. He was in absolute top condition and his gear was the best. He'd been in competition for years. After several surgeries, he was permanently sidelined. The docs discovered he had a mild form of connective tissue defect, something like Marfan's but not severe, so he didn't have the classic appearance of this disorder - tall, gangly, double-jointed.

Over the years he'd been in motocross he'd sustained many small injuries; tendinitis, rotator cuff partial tear, incipient hernia but many of these went untreated and eventually healed on their own. Putting it all together, the docs figured he should never have been advised to participate in the first place.

That said, pre-participation screening for competitive sports usually focuses on cardiovascular fitness and absence of obvious current injury/malalignment. If your knee has never been hit before, the joint feels as stable as the next guy's. So you wind up in the UFC circuit or the NFL or the MXGP, where you WILL take a forceful hit and unlike the next guy, your joint will not heal, it will be destroyed or forever compromised.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:
i know a few GGG members watch the UFC, and will watch this UFC.

We usually get together in the office for UFC on Sundays, it's great.
Definitely going to be getting the squad together for this one, while we root for both fighters, what a great card!

Cool write up/post, sorry to hear about your situation, hope it comes right. :)
"
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:
i know a few GGG members watch the UFC, and will watch this UFC.

We usually get together in the office for UFC on Sundays, it's great.
Definitely going to be getting the squad together for this one, while we root for both fighters, what a great card!

Cool write up/post, sorry to hear about your situation, hope it comes right. :)

My boy Yolandi, i hope you and the squad enjoy the event :)

Thank you for your kind words :) I don't think i'll have another run at being a pro-fighter, it's been a bit too long of a hiatus (around 5 years), So i might stick with analysis and sharing my knowledge and experience with others, maybe get into coaching :P

Have a great week :D
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info