UFC 243 cannot be missed, here's why!

Hello!

So, i haven't posted here in ages, and some people prob remember me, but regardless, here's some of my background in MMA

15 years of various martial arts, the last 3 (2009 to 2012) were MMA with 4 months training in Thailand, I have 2 fights under my belt prior to my life-changing injury, and the start of my PoE life, but whilst i've been playing PoE for 7 years, i have also been a heavy MMA fan, watched all the UFC's, have hundreds of pages of fighter notes i have personally taken when watching live.

I am also the unofficial.. or kinda official, MMA Predictor on the MMApredictions subreddit, you'll find me there all the time lol

Anyway, here's my... idk if i should call it a promo, but its awareness of the event, regardless, and i know a few GGG members watch the UFC, and will watch this UFC. (This is copy and pasted from my guilds discord where i kinda post random UFC footage and promote these events.

-------

I'd like to remind sports fans (yes, sports fans) that in two weeks time approx, we'll be having a huge UFC event that, if you like a good brawl, and to see current generation legends, two of the most highest of level fighters, the elite of the elite, locked inside a cage, in a huge stadium (Marvel Stadium is absolutely massive), to fight for the Middleweight title.

Israel Adesanya is a kickboxing star, and at such a young age, he's one of the most dangerous kickboxers in his weight class, with a 75-5-1 record (W-L-D), he's an insane fighter with championship material, He has had 6 fights in the UFC, 5 of them being a performance bonus, that's per event, and i can attest that those events had massive fights, but each one Adesanya fought in, stood out. He messed with Anderson Silva (Arguable the greatest UFC Middleweight champ), and defeated Kelvin Gastelum in one of the greatest fights I personally have seen, and i've seen thousands of fights. One of the not necessarily biggest things about him, is his physique, he's 193cm tall and has a 203cm reach (arms spread out to the side is how they measure reach). Some unofficial/official accomplishments and awards are:

- Interim UFC Middleweight Champ
- Most knockdowns in a UFC Title fight
- AFC Middleweight Champ (Australian Fighting Championship)
- Hex Fighting Series Middleweight Champ
- King in the Ring (Kickboxing) 3 time Tournament Champion
- Glory Kickboxing Champion
- 2018 Breakout/Breakthrough/Newcomer Fighter of the year (Multiple Journalist websites)
- Debut early last year, fought 4 times last year, perhaps the quickest rise to championship level competition in the UFC, legitimately.

Robert Whittaker is the current UFC Middleweight Champ and has been part of controversy as of late, because of his health and whether or not he should be deemed champ still (champions have been de-champed before due to health). He is an olympic level Judo fighter who has absolutely heavy hands, able to go toe to toe against a very scary athlete in Yoel Romero, both fights were Fight of the Year level (across all the promotions), now, despite him not actually participating in the olympics, i can assure you he's capable of easily winning gold. He's more experienced than Israel is in terms of UFC time, but the two biggest things is his durability and his cardio. During his first fight against Yoel Romero, He fucked up his knee bad due to Oblique kicks from Yoel Romero (front kicks to the knee cap, which hyper-extends the knee), He won that, as well as the rematch which went the whole way as well, but i believe in the first or second round, he broke his left hand (his strongest hand) and still won, even outstriking Romero. He's not as fancy and as highlight-Reely as Adesanya is, but he's definitely a durable fighter. Some of his Awards are:
- UFC Middleweight Champ
- First Aussie UFC Champ
- The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes Welterweight Tournament Winner (MMA Reality show)
- 7 Times Performance bonuses (mix of Fight of the Night and Performance of the Night)
- Superfight Australia Welterweight Champ
- 2017 Fighter of the Year x2
- 2018 Fight of the Year (Romero Rematch)
- 2018 Goodest [Removed by Support] of the year (Sportsman of the year)
The fight is on the 6th of October (i think that's... the 7th of October for America? idk, its a Saturday for Americans)

Feel free to discuss below, the event and maybe your love for the sport?

(IF YOU WANT MORE OF THESE FOR SMALLER EVENTS, LET ME KNOW!)
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Last edited by Al_GGG on Nov 5, 2019, 6:08:10 PM
Last bumped on Oct 1, 2019, 3:08:59 AM
Also, as a side note, i need friends that play PoE that love MMA, because i plan on streaming PoE in the future (for the third attempt without getting burnt out) and talking about MMA and the UFC, As i said before, i have 15 years of experience in training, and i wish i had more, but my injury kind of stopped things in its tracks, and since then, my dreams of being in the UFC are no longer achievable.

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
I miss pancrase and pride.

Not a fan of this generation, too much trash talk. During pride days people would fuck each other up and then take a beer together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uiylc6_G0rU
Bas Rutten vs Masakatsu Funaki
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Sep 25, 2019, 5:16:22 PM
My prediction is that Adesanya is going to be bringing that belt back to NZ.

IMHO UFC 244 is a better fight card. Such a good lineup. Masvidal vs. Diaz, Lewis vs. Ivanov, Anderson vs. Walker, Gastelum vs. Till, it just goes on and on.

Masvidal vs Diaz though...potential fight of the year right there.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
My prediction is that Adesanya is going to be bringing that belt back to NZ.

IMHO UFC 244 is a better fight card. Such a good lineup. Masvidal vs. Diaz, Lewis vs. Ivanov, Anderson vs. Walker, Gastelum vs. Till, it just goes on and on.

Masvidal vs Diaz though...potential fight of the year right there.

Adesanya certainly has a chance, i don't think Whittaker has faced someone like Adesanya.

As for 244, that card looks delicious, can't wait for Walker to Walk off a R1 KO again. Till looks huge at middleweight, definitely a perfect weight class for him, Masvidal v Diaz is a great match up, but i mean, i don't like the BMF thing, its a bit cringe.

"
Slayer_Tip wrote:
Hello!

So, i haven't posted here in ages, and some people prob remember me, but regardless, here's some of my background in MMA

15 years of various martial arts, the last 3 (2009 to 2012) were MMA with 4 months training in Thailand, I have 2 fights under my belt prior to my life-changing injury, and the start of my PoE life, but whilst i've been playing PoE for 7 years, i have also been a heavy MMA fan, watched all the UFC's, have hundreds of pages of fighter notes i have personally taken when watching live.

I am also the unofficial.. or kinda official, MMA Predictor on the MMApredictions subreddit, you'll find me there all the time lol

Anyway, here's my... idk if i should call it a promo, but its awareness of the event, regardless, and i know a few GGG members watch the UFC, and will watch this UFC. (This is copy and pasted from my guilds discord where i kinda post random UFC footage and promote these events.

-------

I'd like to remind sports fans (yes, sports fans) that in two weeks time approx, we'll be having a huge UFC event that, if you like a good brawl, and to see current generation legends, two of the most highest of level fighters, the elite of the elite, locked inside a cage, in a huge stadium (Marvel Stadium is absolutely massive), to fight for the Middleweight title.

Israel Adesanya is a kickboxing star, and at such a young age, he's one of the most dangerous kickboxers in his weight class, with a 75-5-1 record (W-L-D), he's an insane fighter with championship material, He has had 6 fights in the UFC, 5 of them being a performance bonus, that's per event, and i can attest that those events had massive fights, but each one Adesanya fought in, stood out. He messed with Anderson Silva (Arguable the greatest UFC Middleweight champ), and defeated Kelvin Gastelum in one of the greatest fights I personally have seen, and i've seen thousands of fights. One of the not necessarily biggest things about him, is his physique, he's 193cm tall and has a 203cm reach (arms spread out to the side is how they measure reach). Some unofficial/official accomplishments and awards are:

- 2018 Breakout/Breakthrough/Newcomer Fighter of the year (Multiple Journalist websites)
- Debut early last year, fought 4 times last year, perhaps the quickest rise to championship level competition in the UFC, legitimately.

Robert Whittaker is the current UFC Middleweight Champ and has been part of controversy as of late, because of his health and whether or not he should be deemed champ still (champions have been de-champed before due to health). He is an olympic level Judo fighter who has absolutely heavy hands, able to go toe to toe against a very scary athlete in Yoel Romero, both fights were Fight of the Year level (across all the promotions), now, despite him not actually participating in the olympics, i can assure you he's capable of easily winning gold. He's more experienced than Israel is in terms of UFC time, but the two biggest things is his durability and his cardio. During his first fight against Yoel Romero, He fucked up his knee bad due to Oblique kicks from Yoel Romero (front kicks to the knee cap, which hyper-extends the knee), He won that, as well as the rematch which went the whole way as well, but i believe in the first or second round, he broke his left hand (his strongest hand) and still won, even outstriking Romero. He's not as fancy and as highlight-Reely as Adesanya is, but he's definitely a durable fighter. Some of his Awards are:
- UFC Middleweight Champ
- First Aussie UFC Champ
- The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes Welterweight Tournament Winner (MMA Reality show)
- 7 Times Performance bonuses (mix of Fight of the Night and Performance of the Night)
The fight is on the 6th of October (i think that's... the 7th of October for America? idk, its a Saturday for Americans)

Cool insights, thanks! May i ask where you trained in Thailand?
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:
Hello!

-------

- UFC Middleweight Champ
- First Aussie UFC Champ

Cool insights, thanks! May i ask where you trained in Thailand?

Hello!

I did 5 months in Tiger Muay Thai, took ages to save up money to get there, then 2 weeks later i was in my first amateur fight :D excellent team in Thailand, one of the best, they push you but also understand your skillset and boundaries.

"
Slayer_Tip wrote:

Hello!

I did 5 months in Tiger Muay Thai, took ages to save up money to get there, then 2 weeks later i was in my first amateur fight :D excellent team in Thailand, one of the best, they push you but also understand your skillset and boundaries.

Okay wow, that IS a huge name. I only visited smaller gyms more in the south and more as a tourist trying out stuff ;) I loved the atmosphere and the people there. good times.
"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:

Hello!

Okay wow, that IS a huge name. I only visited smaller gyms more in the south and more as a tourist trying out stuff ;) I loved the atmosphere and the people there. good times.

Haha well, i had big aspirations to be a career fighter, i love the sport, i love analyzing it, i love talking about it, and i love participating in it, unfortunately the future of my MMA career is a biiiiiig Question mark since i recently had severe spinal surgery, and whilst im walking and jogging and such, its a question as to whether i can handle full on combat at the moment.

The atmosphere is incredible, it feels so good to work as a team amongst everyone from all walks of lifes, i met someone who had overdosed on a certain drug (i will not disclose), and he hated that life style since it drove his friends away, so now he's on a climb to redemption.

Oh man :/
I wish you all the best. Get well soon and please let us know how your journey goes. I will check out your twitch channel for sure ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info