[3.8] FACETANK EVERYTHING - COC DISCHARGE, ELDER / SHAPER DOWN

"
wozzlebottle wrote:
Got an insane ring :)

With Inya's, I have 70% would gain max power charges.

I also have 99% chance to gain power charge on crit, consistency is real!

Holy ****. You must be getting crazy results, congrats!
How deep in the mine did you make it? With this build ofc
For those on this thread that are like me and don't play enough to afford things like the crafted weapon, but want to try out a cheaper version of this build that still works pretty good. Let me share what I learned in making a cheap version of this build uber-elder viable. To give you an idea of my level of play, I have never killed uber elder, but I've come close a couple times. I have not gotten to uber elder yet this season, but I just killed the guardians, and spawned him. My son has killed him with my characters in the past, so my characters are usually good enough to defeat him (but not easily), and I'm just not that great at playing/avoiding the damage, so I need tanky builds like this one to have a chance.

So here is my gear:

I had tried Cospris Malice and it was terrible as a cheap option. The crit chance on it is too low and that killed the build. The key to the cheap weapon is two things. As high a base crit as possible, and 1.5 attacks per second because with my tree, helm, and the elusive passive, that gives me exactly 6.06 aps. I don't have the expensive belt with cooldown.

I dont have a watcher's eye yet, and I just got brutal restraint which definitely boosted my dps as crit chance is the most important stat on this build in my experience. I also crafted two of these flasks which helped a lot as I was trying to get my crit chance up.

So to summarize my cost:

Wep - 5c
Rings - 100c each
Chest - 30c
Amulet - 35c
Shield - 20c
Rest of gear - around 10c per item max

Brutal restraint - 2.8ex - got this recently.

No enlighten lvl 4 yet, so I'm not running zealotry yet.

Something I almost screwed up on - make sure the rings don't have a fire damage mod. Some of the frenzy mods add fire damage which would screw up the elemental eq. The only mod that matters is the max power charges one, just make sure the other ones don't do something bad like add fire damage. And usually you want those mods to be crappy so that the ring is cheaper.

This cheap version of the build obviously doesn't crush it the way the expensive one does, but it is good enough to delve to 200+, defeat the blight on level 16 maps, and defeat the guardians (and hopefully uber elder), and it is super tanky and I rarely die.

Hope this helps those who like the looks of this build but like me can't afford some of the gear listed.

And thanks to Rumblepie for this build as it is a lot of fun to play.

Last edited by Dr_Death on Oct 13, 2019, 10:54:45 AM
Nice little writeup, well done sir. Im thinking i will put your post in a 'budget section' for people to get a good idea of what the budget setup can look like. It would be amazing if you could put a video up of how your budget version performs.
"
pitekk92 wrote:
How deep in the mine did you make it? With this build ofc

I made it to about 250 i believe, no probems at all. The build actually works quite well in the dark too, because we can heal like crazy, and we cant be stunned.
https://pastebin.com/6ryeni9u

Can someone check my player? For some reason, I keep dying and I'm already level 81 with decent armour. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks!

POB link listed above
"
Rumblepie wrote:
Nice little writeup, well done sir. Im thinking i will put your post in a 'budget section' for people to get a good idea of what the budget setup can look like. It would be amazing if you could put a video up of how your budget version performs.

Thanks!

A Shaped Tier 15 Iceberg map with a Tier 16 Elder Dig Zana map inside

https://youtu.be/vpJ88pwn4RY
Last edited by Dr_Death on Oct 13, 2019, 11:01:46 PM
Wasup Rumblepie,

I'm kinda new to poe, started playing cause a friend bet I could not take on shaper, that this game was a pretty hard game. Well I Started playing, beat uber elder and my friend with 3k+ hours was in awe.. I completed everything he had not in less than 250 hours of total POE playtime.

ANywho, I had a shadow to begin with, so I kinda just regret orbed and respecced and changed acendancy.
THe build seems kinda fine, but I am worried my crit chance is kinda low, even though POB shows it at a high level, I kinda wreck everything, but if there are not multiple enemies around I just cant seem to get my crit up. Flasks do help, but on bosses flasks run out.

eiffeltornet is my charachter, I only have one on blight, Abdulgod.

Could u import him to your POB and take a look? I would appreciate it immensely.
I've made sure he is public and can be imorted.

Thanks in advance!
your fellow exile
"
eiffeltornet wrote:
Wasup Rumblepie,

I'm kinda new to poe, started playing cause a friend bet I could not take on shaper, that this game was a pretty hard game. Well I Started playing, beat uber elder and my friend with 3k+ hours was in awe.. I completed everything he had not in less than 250 hours of total POE playtime.

ANywho, I had a shadow to begin with, so I kinda just regret orbed and respecced and changed acendancy.
THe build seems kinda fine, but I am worried my crit chance is kinda low, even though POB shows it at a high level, I kinda wreck everything, but if there are not multiple enemies around I just cant seem to get my crit up. Flasks do help, but on bosses flasks run out.

eiffeltornet is my charachter, I only have one on blight, Abdulgod.

Could u import him to your POB and take a look? I would appreciate it immensely.
I've made sure he is public and can be imorted.

Thanks in advance!
your fellow exile

That is very impressive!

In regards to your build, assuming you are using Brutal Restraint jewel, it would make sense that you are not having the best time, because your chance to hit is very low. Craft 'hits cant be evaded' on your weapon, and you should see an immediate and quite significant improvement.
Last edited by Rumblepie on Oct 14, 2019, 1:32:12 PM
"
Dr_Death wrote:
"
Rumblepie wrote:

Thanks!

A Shaped Tier 15 Iceberg map with a Tier 16 Elder Dig Zana map inside

https://youtu.be/vpJ88pwn4RY

Great! I'll link to this on the frontpage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info