An Update About the Launch of Path of Exile: Blight on Xbox One

Speaking as a software professional I need to comment on a couple of issues that I think you really need to improve on:

1- communication on xbox, So I am not following the forums etc and I log in tonight to play. As I am in the middle of a tier 14 map I get the message “the league is ending in 5 minutes”. Now I had been online for about 2 hours, and an hour or two each day for the past week. Are you telling me that in all that time you could not put up a message saying “legion league will finish at XX:XX GMT on 9.9.19? Or give me a warning at least an hour in advance? Even tonight I still had a note to read the latest patch notes from an update weeks ago. (To add insult to injury as I am trying to finish the final boss fight, I am told the league has finished, my character freezes and does not respond to controls, and the boss then finishes me off and I get the dreaded “you died” message :-( )

2- setting expectations. I would imagine that this is an unusual technical issue in communication with the MS certification server, as failing to obtain certification on a launch candidate would be an unthinkable blunder. Ok, shit happens. Since the launch is an event people plan around, you should have set a new launch date /time, buying yourselves sufficient time to sort the problem without aggro from the customer base. I am sure with you experience you could pick a “safe guess” window. While we would be irritated, we would remake our plans and chalk it up to the IT equivalent of force majeure.

I run a customer services business and I have to say you have not exhibited what I would consider professional customer service. TBH it feels more like a garage operation. I imagine you are under great stress - but you need to learn to manage this and it is times like these that good customer service shines.

But thank you for such an insanely good product overall!
So PS4 and Xbox maybe tonight or...?
Very well put! :)
"
Gigglepuppy wrote:
PS4 launched just fine
"
TrollyMcGee wrote:
"
Gigglepuppy wrote:
PS4 launched just fine

Uhh no it didn't We can't log in.
I stopped purchasing MTX due to console issues like this. Had a terrible start to Legion and now same with Blight, I do appreciate their hard work, not putting blame anywhere, but I can no longer be excited and hyped and support leagues when not only issues a raise but when the customer service side quality is like this. Appreciate all your hard work GGG, it just is really unfortunate I can no longer be excited for day 1 of new leagues or MTX to support these leagues :/
"
Gigglepuppy wrote:
"
TrollyMcGee wrote:
"
Gigglepuppy wrote:
PS4 launched just fine

Uhh no it didn't We can't log in.
man so much for their "smooth launch"
I will continue to purchase MTX no matter what, I love this game and its free... so minor issues, delays bugs etc are expected for me. I dont mind, some people need to relax lol
www.youtube.com/kraytheredghost IG @ADimensionBeyond
We got honeydicked!
"
wittybread wrote:
We got honeydicked!
I would ask for an explanation but I really don't think I really want to know what that means

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info