Console countdown timer pushed back 3 days disappointment

I have to say I was really disappointed logging in on friday and seeing the countdown clock pushed out 3 days.

Maybe it was intended to launch with the PC release and had to get pushed back last min which I would understand, but if it was just a mistake it feels pretty bad.

Was excited for weekend leaguestart. I would probably just avoid a countdown clock completely the next time.

Edit: IDK your policy on stuff like this but after thinking about it a little more it really feels like enough of a letdown to warrant an apology or explanation and maybe a little pet or loot box or something for console players. That clock has been counting down for quite a while building up anticipation and alot of console players are upset. A make right really feels in order.
Last edited by Va_mp on Sep 8, 2019, 3:09:58 AM
Last bumped on Sep 9, 2019, 4:46:19 PM
I was not going to reply to this, because I tend to ignore stupid posts.

But, this really takes the cake.

They always, always release the new PoE leagues on the Monday after the Friday of release so they can catch any issues roll it all in to the patch for Monday, so consoles get the latest update without having issues over the weekend.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2628306

This thread tells you, with a little bit of effort of reading:

"Path of Exile: Blight on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will launch at Sep 09, 2019 11:00 PM or at 4pm September 9th (PDT). Downtime will begin for deployment at Sep 09, 2019 10:00 PM or at 3pm September 9th (PDT)."

Your entitlement to an apology that was never warranted in the first place, really makes you look like an incoherent absolute fool.
Last edited by garthginger on Sep 8, 2019, 9:00:59 AM
"
garthginger wrote:
I was not going to reply to this, because I tend to ignore stupid posts.

But, this really takes the cake.

They always, always release the new PoE leagues on the Monday after the Friday of release so they can catch any issues roll it all in to the patch for Monday, so consoles get the latest update without having issues over the weekend.

This thread tells you, with a little bit of effort of reading:

"Path of Exile: Blight on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will launch at Sep 09, 2019 11:00 PM or at 4pm September 9th (PDT). Downtime will begin for deployment at Sep 09, 2019 10:00 PM or at 3pm September 9th (PDT)."

Your entitlement to an apology that was never warranted in the first place, really makes you look like an incoherent absolute fool.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

OP needs to check his privilege. People like him are the cancer in every gaming community.
Last edited by GrobuIon on Sep 8, 2019, 9:15:44 AM
Ok, OP's post at the best, was uninformed. But I think that GGG could do a more thorough job of getting the word out. Specifically, I would like to see temporary stickies on the Console Forums informing Players about the specifics of Console Launches (in particular, dates that vary from PC). Would that keep everyone in the Loop - of course not (the Sticky on the Bug Forum demonstrates that - but then I also think that Stickies really should show the date last updated by GGG and change the dot to green (new posts' indicator) when updated).
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
Last edited by walkjohn55 on Sep 8, 2019, 10:04:25 AM
Dont really appreciate the condescending replies. What you guys must not have realized is that the countdown timer on the game screen said the launch was Sept 6 and was counting down to that date.

Meaning you opened up the game on the console and saw blight sept 6th and a countdown towards that end.

If as you said this was never a planned date then the countdown clock was a mistake and a pretty bad one. It should have said the 9th or not been there at all.

Not ever person checks on the forums when they play a console and even if they did the start screen said the wrong date for a month. That was just updated friday by pushing it out 3 more days.

Furthermore this link provided by the kind commenter above was a post from sept 6th a month after the console clock had been counting down to that same date. Not like it was said upon announcement of blight.

There is no entitlement here, just a desire to see a company own up to its mistake. I will be awaiting your snarky replies and attempt at disproving what I said here. My opinion on the issue has not been changed at all in fact it has grown stronger about how some sort of statement is warranted from the company to address the issue.
Last edited by Va_mp on Sep 8, 2019, 10:51:19 AM
I haven't logged in for a few weeks as I quit the league a few months ago, but you are saying that there was a countdown in the console that said Friday was the release date? That seems very unlikely but if true that would definitely warrant an apology. It just makes no sense that was the case because in EVERY announcement they made they said Monday was the release date for consoles. The timer on the main page is for the PC, not for the console.
"
I haven't logged in for a few weeks as I quit the league a few months ago, but you are saying that there was a countdown in the console that said Friday was the release date? That seems very unlikely but if true that would definitely warrant an apology. It just makes no sense that was the case because in EVERY announcement they made they said Monday was the release date for consoles. The timer on the main page is for the PC, not for the console.

Yes that is correct. If you log in now it has a countdown to blight for tomorrow. But since blight was announced the clock was counting down to Sept 6th.Above the clock it said releases sept 6th. It even got to less than 24 hrs then got pushed back to the 9th
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2628218/page/1

You can see in the patch notes thread where I initially posted my comment 4 or 5 people being upset about the same thing in case you think I might just be mistaken
Last edited by Va_mp on Sep 8, 2019, 11:19:16 AM
"
Va_mp wrote:
Dont really appreciate the condescending replies. What you guys must not have realized is that the countdown timer on the game screen said the launch was Sept 6 and was counting down to that date.

Meaning you opened up the game on the console and saw blight sept 6th and a countdown towards that end.

If as you said this was never a planned date then the countdown clock was a mistake and a pretty bad one. It should have said the 9th or not been there at all.

Not ever person checks on the forums when they play a console and even if they did the start screen said the wrong date for a month. That was just updated friday by pushing it out 3 more days.

Furthermore this link provided by the kind commenter above was a post from sept 6th a month after the console clock had been counting down to that same date. Not like it was said upon announcement of blight.

There is no entitlement here, just a desire to see a company own up to its mistake. I will be awaiting your snarky replies and attempt at disproving what I said here. My opinion on the issue has not been changed at all in fact it has grown stronger about how some sort of statement is warranted from the company to address the issue.

No the countdown was for blight league. It said nothing about being platform specific. You made an assumption and your assumption was wrong. Although I agree it was rather misleading, you should have done further research rather than coming to the forums to complain.

GGG are not interested in instability and unplayability of content on console, why do you think they care about you whining because you made a mistake?
the countdown was for blight league. It said nothing about being platform specific. You made an assumption and your assumption was wrong. Although I agree it was rather misleading, you should have done further research rather than coming to the forums to complain.

GGG are not interested in instability and unplayability of content on console, why do you think they care about you whining because you made a mistake?[/quote]

It was my mistake that the countdown clock on the console was counting down to the PC release instead of the console release and then was changed at the last minute to be for the console release?

Where are you white knights coming from? It's like I insulted your wife's boyfriend or something. At first I was disappointed with the mistake of the countdown clock and now I could care less. Now I'm more interested in how long the beard is on the obese necks of the forum posters.

I would hope for an official response to my legitimate complaint, but if that's not going to happen I would be glad to continue to spar with the unofficial self appointed ggg defenders.
Last edited by Va_mp on Sep 9, 2019, 6:18:26 AM
+1 To all of this. I just love this thread.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info