[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

About crafting the regalia:

The price of Craicic Chimeral to create an imprint is way too high in this league (130c+ right now). For that price it's easier to just alt spam, regal, annul and scour when it goes wrong. As a side bonus, you get a higher chance of hitting a good mod combo: when you get 2 good mods but no %Int, regal might just add that one.

Among the 3 mods (2 from alt spamming and 1 from regal), one is absolutely mandatory: 9-12% increased Int. And one other must be either T1-3 increased ES (80% or better) or T1-2 flat ES (+77 or better).

If the 3rd mod is either T1-3 flat Int (+38 or better), or a T1-2 flat/increased/hybrid ES then keep it. Otherwise annul and hope that it removes this 3rd mod. If it doesn't then scour and start over.

After getting lucky, you craft the multi-mod (costs 2 ex, suffix) and add the final 2 or 3 mods:
- if you don't have a high flat Int suffix, then add 6% inc Attributes (suffix)
- finish the prefixes with the best craftable versions of flat ES, increased ES and hybrid ES - whichever ones are not on the item yet.

Finally, divine it to have 12% inc Int and decently high ES rolls. You can see the minimum/maximum values at https://poecraft.com/itemmods. Perfect rolls are almost impossible to hit, but anything above the median is good enough.

Took me about 700 alts to roll %INT and flat ES, regaled an unwanted mod, but got lucky (33% chance) and annuled it on the first try. Multi-modded the rest. Voila!

The actual mods here are:
- prefix: T2 flat ES (alt spammed)
- suffix: T1 inc Int% (alt spammed, mandatory)
- suffix: multimod (crafted)
- prefix: inc ES% (crafted)
- prefix: hybrid inc ES% + life (crafted)
- suffix: 6% inc Attr (crafted)
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 17, 2019, 4:36:23 PM
"
Schwebbes wrote:
I was watching your videoss and would love to see a mapping video of you where you display your FPS since I feel a bit scared that reaching higher tier maps might kill me at some point while my fps drop to a constant rate of 30-40 fps with spell cascade and against bosses with conceffect the frames drop down to 60-100 fps. Usually I am used to play at constant 144 fps maxed to match my monitors' 144Hz

What is your rig @Kelvynn as well as the rest and is your performance better than mine?

MY rig:
Intel Core i7 7700k 4x4,2 GHz
nVida Geforce 1080 GTX 8 GB
16 GB DDR4 RAM
250 GB SSD

Would love to have something to compare and if there is any option to improve the performance I am ready to test it.

Sure, I'll try to remember to turn on the performance indicators for a high tier mapping video. But 30 fps is perfectly fine for PoE. If you drop to 10 fps then you need to start worrying.

My pc where I used to record videos until 3.6 was even less powerful than yours (980 GTX), but it was good enough for Icestorm. I upgraded to a spanking new 2070 RTX this summer - no lag whatsoever on that beast. But I still have a lower tier 1060 GTX system at work where I play sometimes, it lags just a little, still good enough.

Since you are playing in HC, be very wary of the Blight bosses. They are new and not well balanced yet. I got 1-shot a few times by them in mid-tier maps while I was still wearing the leveling items with 5k ES.

Also, delve got re-scaled recently and it gets dangerous at much lower depths than it used to. I used to be relatively safe at depth 600 as my old league videos show, and that's before Flesh and Stone got added. But when I logged on to Standard and went to depth 600 the other day I got immediately 1-shot by the first rare without any dangerous mods, with 10k ES. In the current league, I'm pretty safe at depth 200 (lv 83 now starts at depth 171) and haven't gone any deeper yet.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 17, 2019, 4:53:03 PM

Ending up getting this amulet for 3ex since the %attributes is t2 instead of t1. Still its at 9% so only 3 less than a t1 roll, and the charge on kill mode does seem to proc enough to be useful. Right now I'm only around 1800 int, doing around 46k DPS per POB. Really need to get a good chest next and slow upgrade individual items with more int.
New video: Ice Skating with Uber Elder

Beauty shall prevail!!

I brought Vaal RF for the final phase but it went so fast I didn't even get to use it. And almost didn't use flasks either, because I was too busy showing off :)

Updated the guide a little more based on my experience in this league so far. Dumped Winter Orb again - I never got used to switching between moving and not moving, and the few enemies worth pre-casting Icestorm from range (such as Minotaur) can be facerolled without pre-casting like the rest of them.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 18, 2019, 2:24:24 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Beauty shall prevail!!

I brought Vaal RF for the final phase but it went so fast I didn't even get to use it. And almost didn't use flasks either, because I was too busy showing off :)

Updated the guide a little more based on my experience in this league so far. Dumped Winter Orb again - I never got used to switching between moving and not moving, and the few enemies worth pre-casting Icestorm from range (such as Minotaur) can be facerolled without pre-casting like the rest of them.

You dumped Winter Orb, I put it again in clearing setup. With my ROG laptop with i7-7700HQ and GTX 1050Ti + Intel SSD + Fiber internet connection (1000Mb/sec) this league is almost unplayable with Cyclone + Spell Cascade when clearing lots of mobs (Blight encounters + Blight maps, Legion encounters, Delve) even at medium settings. FPS drop constantly to 10-15 while Cycloning with Spell Cascade for more than a few seconds that makes me not to know what's happening around :)

5L Winter Orb on the other hand + Spell Cascade seem more enjoyable and less resource hugger (20-25FPS at full burst) even if the clearspeed is a bit lower.

I'll keep Cyclone in bosses setup though, there I don't use Spell Cascade anyway.
Last edited by lilianmarius on Sep 18, 2019, 3:53:52 AM
Hm

I bougt winter orb as i farmed atziri and have no idea how to kill the clones with cyclone,without dying.

having 8,2 k es and 1850 int and get oneshottet some time in a yellow map from bosses.
in delve it seems there is a fault with the cold monsters. all other monster work fine but some from the cold spike monster make a lot more dmg ( i cant numerate it its only a feeling) but til now i dont die from it.

the biggest thing is, that normaly i had one or two ex drops in first 10 days of a league, this league drop nothing. no divine no ex only oner anul.
As other in reddit write it seems they lowerd the ex drop in delve and maps as of the currency boxes in blight.
i did some xp leeching last night to see what people farm this days to get some currency and ALL of them (5 groups) ignore the blight as of its didnt pay out to do them.
Was really suprised and did the last maps without the blight thing and its right. i made the double of chaos in 3 hrs as bevor when i did the blight things.
Will see how it works if they give more reward as they wrote in patch notes.

all in all its the most unsatisfactory league i ever played.
Happy to see you back!

This is my first league in like, 5 leagues me not playing whispering ice. I am very keen to try it tho. Looks like it has way more control now with the cyclone. Good job as always!
Very nice, what was your six socket setup for uber elder? It looks like spell cascade is being used which I imagine makes the fight easier to regen ES from on hit and leech.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Beauty shall prevail!!

That was aweseome! And the sexy dancing lady was a nice touch...the zoom and slowdown had me laughing like crazy. :)
"
stephenp1983 wrote:
Very nice, what was your six socket setup for uber elder? It looks like spell cascade is being used which I imagine makes the fight easier to regen ES from on hit and leech.

No, just the normal boss setup:

It looks a little similar to SC since it keeps casting at the cursor in front of you as you cyclone forward. You can clear maps without SC too, especially if Icestorm lags you with SC.

A channelled movement skill is the best thing that happened in PoE recently.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info