[3.8] Assassin Cobra Lash Detailed Endgame Guide | 6.5k+ Life | High DPS | All Content | Gameplay up

"
Austerlord wrote:
Hello i need some help with this build, i have been following this build since the strong DPS version of the build, but i don't know why i lack of DPS i have even less than the tankier version, so i'm asking for help because i don't know what exactly i'm doing wrong.

this is exactly how my character is right now.

https://pastebin.com/5rSsZGsU

thanks in advance.

Hmm a few immediate things I see:

You are still using a tabula rasa. Get a real chest asap.

Your weapons are ok but properly crafted multimod weapons will nearly double your damage.

You are severly lacking accuracy with only an 89% chance to hit. Drop the Heartseeker nodes for Acuity asap, as well as take the accuracy node in the Dervish cluster instead of the attack speed node. Look to get an accuracy roll on a new ring as well and you will be in a much better position.

A new helmet with -9% chaos resist and Cobra Lash +3 chains will be a big boost to both your tooltip damage and your real time clear speed. You can also look to get an accuracy roll here as well.

Maxing out your gems and getting a level 21 Cobra Lash and Added Chaos Damage will go a long way.

All of these options involve a lot of currency investment so don't feel pressured to get them all asap, just things you can start working towards in time. I'd respec your tree for more accuracy first and foremost as that's the improvement with the least investment.
"
Austerlord wrote:
Hello i need some help with this build, i have been following this build since the strong DPS version of the build, but i don't know why i lack of DPS i have even less than the tankier version, so i'm asking for help because i don't know what exactly i'm doing wrong.

this is exactly how my character is right now.

https://pastebin.com/5rSsZGsU

thanks in advance.

The PoB setups show you what dps numbers you can hit in good circumstances and with finished gear. You are nowhere near that point so there's no reason to compare it with your own build.

Few problems I found in your setup:
- your Accuracy is at 89%, it's important to hit 100%, you need Accuracy on your gear or temporary accuracy nodes
- your 2nd claw doesn't have the 100% delve poison mod
- no Cobra Lash Enchant
- tabula (swap for real chest)
- one ring doesn't even have life or chaos damage
- helmet doesn't have -9% chaos res to nearby enemies
- using cinderswallow but without any added fire damage somewhere on your gear, so you don't get the 10% more multiplier there
- watcher's eye doesn't give you that much, swap for rare jewel
- life in general is too low (on gear, tabula,...)

You're on a good way tho, try to get upgrades step by step. My gear also looked once like yours.
Last edited by darkix1 on Sep 29, 2019, 9:14:46 AM
As I'm playing the build as my league starter can someone help me with it. Im using the tanky version. But my dps seems really bad. What should I updgrade next considering I have ~300 chaos?
Also is lvl 3 enlighten support sufficient if i have the -15 on armor?

My current char: https://pastebin.com/GcyReCTN
"
X3Btel wrote:
As I'm playing the build as my league starter can someone help me with it. Im using the tanky version. But my dps seems really bad. What should I updgrade next considering I have ~300 chaos?
Also is lvl 3 enlighten support sufficient if i have the -15 on armor?

My current char: https://pastebin.com/GcyReCTN

- you got one wasted point at Arcane Chemistry and one at the big claw wheel
- take the one jewel node at Profane Chemistry
- swap your jewels for 3dmg ones like attackspeed, poisondmg, damage, chaos dot multi, can find those for pretty cheap like 10c
- Resourcefulness is not worth getting for 2 pts
- spec Primal Spirit to temporary fix your int/str problems, so you can swap out that one jewel in duelist area
- swap out starkonja's for a rare helmet with high life and resists, maybe craft with aberrant fossils for -9% chaos res to nearby enemies, it's 1-2c per try, maybe you can hit something decent on a high ilvl base
- throw out Herald of Purity and Herald of Agony for Malevolence, you then got some many unreserved which you can use for higher Precision or just as a bigger mana pool to not run into mana problems
- Enlighten 3 won't help you fit another thingy without Malevolence Reduced Mana Reserved enchant, so not worth getting unless you have the enchant
- try to swap out tabula for a rare 6L with 4G2B, maybe corrupted with high life and resists
- you can spec into Claws of the Pride or Poisonous Fangs until you got damage on your gear
- try to get rings with added chaos damage
- get some lvls and spec Heartseeker
- try to get Whispers of Doom (2x gold, 1x black) and swap one life flask for Witchfire
- I feel atleast one Mana gain on Hit source is needed, maybe get a ilvl 83 gemini claw and throw corroded + aberrant together, to get the 100% more delve poison mod

I'd say you don't have enough currency to craft a -15Mana chest yet, so settle for a rare 6L for now.

As for your 300c, maybe save up for 2x golden oils and 1x black oil (like 500c currently) and get Witchfire Brew. Despair is a good damage boost.

In short:
- added chaos on rings
- Whispers of Doom and despair flask
- better jewels
- get lvls
- maybe crafted gemini claw instead of one of the wasps nest
Last edited by darkix1 on Sep 30, 2019, 3:48:30 PM
Thank you for the feedback. I would have never seen the wasted point at Arcane Chemistry!
"

I just realized that my rings are bad cuz i cannot craft chaos dmg on them .

Spoiler

I got this claw and I'm not sure if this is a good start? I guess the dispair is wasted until i get Whispers of Doom... Do you think this claw is worth investing or continue re-crafting?

Again thanxs for the advice I'll buy some cheap things and go for the +1 curse.
Not sure how you reach 7k life lol, im near lvl 90, with only 5481 hp, with good max life item and jewel... :(

In Pob with max life% on chest and lvl 98 I would only reach 6100
From Patch Notes
"
Fixed a bug where Cobra Lash and Venom Gyre did not alternate hands for attacks while dual-wielding.

Looks like the there was a bug where Cobra Lash didn't use the offhand.
That was maybe the reason that the damage of some of you guys wasn't good when your better weapon was in the offhand :(

"
X3Btel wrote:
Thank you for the feedback. I would have never seen the wasted point at Arcane Chemistry!
"

I just realized that my rings are bad cuz i cannot craft chaos dmg on them .

Spoiler

I got this claw and I'm not sure if this is a good start? I guess the dispair is wasted until i get Whispers of Doom... Do you think this claw is worth investing or continue re-crafting?

Again thanxs for the advice I'll buy some cheap things and go for the +1 curse.

Just craft Chaos Dot Multi on it and it should be fine for now. My first claw also looked like this.

If you decide to craft again, you shouldn't recraft it, just get another gemini base and start crafting again until you hit something better to then replace it. Try to get attackspeed when crafting a new claw, because that's really important for poison builds.

"
amadnei wrote:
Not sure how you reach 7k life lol, im near lvl 90, with only 5481 hp, with good max life item and jewel... :(

In Pob with max life% on chest and lvl 98 I would only reach 6100

You didn't fill out the life wheel at scion yet and you are also missing Profane Chemistry. I put you at 97 with the new nodes, swaped in solstice, maxed life rolls in your jewels and added some life to your helmet and chest. You also had a wasted point at the big claw wheel. Your gear still can get more life in some spots but with the new changes you already nearly hit 7k life.
https://pastebin.com/XcRr3wv4
Last edited by darkix1 on Oct 3, 2019, 4:29:36 AM
I have unholy might buff proc chance on kill on one claw - pretty nice mod. With solstice amu it lasts very long.
Last edited by Sebakrul on Oct 3, 2019, 7:05:49 AM

Finished one of my claws. Also experimenting with Inc. Duation + Vaal Grace (linked with Steelskin). Threw out Inc. AoE and Empower from Plague Bearer and Withering Step since I got both of them at 21.

Vaal Grace with Shaper's Presence lasts for 18sec., w/ Quartz Flask I'm sitting at 75/75 Dodge/Spelldodge for the duration. Pretty good for risky blight encounters or bosses.

"
Sebakrul wrote:
I have unholy might buff proc chance on kill on one claw - pretty nice mod. With solstice amu it lasts very long.

Nice one. I personaly don't like crafting on Elder bases because it makes hitting the desired mods even more difficult.
Actually I think faster_attack_support gem is useless due to lags when whirlin' bladin' and I put vaal grace instead. :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info