About the 3.8 Patch Notes

So GGG I see that there isn't a single mention to anything console related on them. Are you just waiting a few more days to release that content for whatever reason or is there just nothing new specific to us?
Last bumped on Sep 12, 2019, 1:00:40 PM
Hello,

Console patch notes will be released alongside the launch of Blight on PS4/Xbox.
Hey, Jeff. Are you able to say how the new skill bar will work on console? I've been really curious what it's bound to. I'm hoping L2+R2, but I'm sure there's plenty of other ways it would work.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
He stated before that they are going to use L2 as a second wheel of skills.

"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
"
walkjohn55 wrote:
I hope that GGG uses the Left Trigger (Xbox talk) for the new bindings (I suspect that Left Trigger + Button is easier for me than Right Trigger + Button has proven - that way, everyone would get a choice.

Nothing to do but wait of course.
To support the new skill binding bar on consoles we've removed the current functionality of LT/L2 (Xbox/PS4), and replaced this with the additional skill bar (as it is implemented on RT/R2).

Last edited by ll-BEEFCAKE-ll on Sep 4, 2019, 6:05:33 PM
"
He stated before that they are going to use L2 as a second wheel of skills.

"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
"
walkjohn55 wrote:
I hope that GGG uses the Left Trigger (Xbox talk) for the new bindings (I suspect that Left Trigger + Button is easier for me than Right Trigger + Button has proven - that way, everyone would get a choice.

Nothing to do but wait of course.
To support the new skill binding bar on consoles we've removed the current functionality of LT/L2 (Xbox/PS4), and replaced this with the additional skill bar (as it is implemented on RT/R2).

Sweet, that's even better. Thanks. Also, thank you too Jeff.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Sounds good, thanks for the quick reply Jeff
Pretty excited about the new skill wheel!
There is really no need for more skill slots, you don't need more than a couple skills. Losing the lock in place from left trigger makes all range skills garbage because if you cast you will go running off towards monsters when you want to stay at range. I literally use left trigger more than any other bind probably. The thought of losing my left trigger stay in place functionality makes me want to cry.
"
Mauvais001 wrote:
There is really no need for more skill slots, you don't need more than a couple skills. Losing the lock in place from left trigger makes all range skills garbage because if you cast you will go running off towards monsters when you want to stay at range. I literally use left trigger more than any other bind probably. The thought of losing my left trigger stay in place functionality makes me want to cry.

If you want to perform well you need a lot more than two skills. A travel, a guard, a curse, Vaal Haste if you don't have a lot of speed, Ancestral Protector and Vaal Ancestral Warchief if you're melee, then a ton of other possible utility skills depending on the type of build, then there's your attack skill(s).

Plus this makes room for auras/heralds, which is fucking fantastic.
You currently have room for 8 skills slotted. Do you really need more than 8 to perform well in this game? I sure don't and yes I use a movement and an attack or two and a totem sometimes a vaal skull e.t.c but have never needed more than 8 slots.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info