Whats the one food that you just can't understand why people don't like it

Definitely olives.

I love them and could eat olives and/or olive oil on just about everything, but there's a decent chunk of the population that would throw out a pizza just because it had the scent of olive on it.
To the mushroom people: there are mushrooms and then there are mushrooms. Call me a shroom snob if you want but those rubbish ones Americans eat exclusively are literally pig swill. Now if you talk morel, porcino, chanterelle, those are great.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
To the mushroom people: there are mushrooms and then there are mushrooms. Call me a shroom snob if you want but those rubbish ones Americans eat exclusively are literally pig swill. Now if you talk morel, porcino, chanterelle, those are great.

I second that, I do pick shrooms since childhood.. And I love them all! But if ppl just buy shrooms from supermarket, well I’m not surprised they don’t like them cos the don’t even taste like shrooms!
On topic, I don’t understand ppl who don’t eat meat but eat fish and keep telling me that fish is not meat, lol... Like what? Fish is made of vegetables or wood? Lol
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
"
KOrchann wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:

I second that, I do pick shrooms since childhood.. And I love them all! But if ppl just buy shrooms from supermarket, well I’m not surprised they don’t like them cos the don’t even taste like shrooms!
On topic, I don’t understand ppl who don’t eat meat but eat fish and keep telling me that fish is not meat, lol... Like what? Fish is made of vegetables or wood? Lol

I think the general sentiment revolves around fish being caught in the wild, and most meat products coming from farms with (According to them) questionable ethics in regards to their practices.

I don't really have an opinion myself, i'm not a veggie and never plan to be, but I guess I can kind of see the reasoning behind piscetarianism.

Also, marmite.

Delicious savoury toast topping mmmmm.
Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.
Last edited by Zionyaru on Sep 2, 2019, 7:15:37 AM
no one said Tide pods?
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
"
kolyaboo wrote:

I concur. I am mostly disappointed by the grocery store mushroom mafia(although I appreciate how grocery stores in America are basically remote refrigerators you don’t have to pay electricity for). Cheap and easy to grow, ergo abundant.

When I was younger, we’d have people camping out on our farm for this event or that. One time, a guy who was part of Paul Stamets circle came and did a mushroom walk around the farm. He also brought a half pound or so of his favorite mushrooms and cheeses that pair well with them. At the age of ~12 I had the privilege of sautéing all those wild harvested mushrooms and cooking omelettes for our 40-some campers. Have been a fan ever since.

I don’t think there is a food I like that I’d be surprised about somebody else not liking. I am, however, eternally surprised when ketchup addicts admit to hating tomatoes. Why? Not enough added sugar I guess.

"
KOrchann wrote:

Nonono, fish are vegetables.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Sep 2, 2019, 10:48:03 AM
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:

I concur. I am mostly disappointed by the grocery store mushroom mafia(although I appreciate how grocery stores in America are basically remote refrigerators you don’t have to pay electricity for). Cheap and easy to grow, ergo abundant.

When I was younger, we’d have people camping out on our farm for this event or that. One time, a guy who was part of Paul Stamets circle came and did a mushroom walk around the farm. He also brought a half pound or so of his favorite mushrooms and cheeses that pair well with them. At the age of ~12 I had the privilege of sautéing all those wild harvested mushrooms and cooking omelettes for our 40-some campers. Have been a fan ever since.

I don’t think there is a food I like that I’d be surprised about somebody else not liking. I am, however, eternally surprised when ketchup addicts admit to hating tomatoes. Why? Not enough added sugar I guess.

"
KOrchann wrote:

Nonono, fish are vegetables.

There are some really tasty fungi in North America. Even the ones that don't have mortally poisonous lookalikes.

I joked about dog poop earlier, but one thing dog poop is good for is pushing up great patches of Coprinus atramentarius in the spring and fall. These little shrooms are unmistakable - making them a safe pick for amateurs - and as long as you do NOT consume alcohol when you eat them they are tasty.

Chicken-of-the-woods is another one. It's a frilly oatmeal-coloured bracket-type mushroom with a nice tender texture and easy prep. It's harder to find and has some lookalikes that aren't poisonous, but really leathery and obnoxious.

Depending on where you live, if you have a stump, you have a mushroom garden. Mountain states and coastal states with decent rainfall are best. Prairies here tend to be dry but seasonally support many types of puffballs and other easily recognizable types. Unless you're experienced or have the tech to field-test unidentified species, though, stick to what you absolutely KNOW. Scotch Pine is a favourite symbiont of both the edible and common Slippery Jack bolete, and Amanita phalloides. Obv you know not to pick the fucking amanita, but does a 5-year-old know. So be careful.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Tuna. So many people in my life dislike tuna and I'll never understand.

olives...

Contact us at support@grindinggear.com!
caraway. you know, the stuff any proper baker would put into and onto bread and rolls because it just makes them so much better?

yet everyone seems to hate them. bakeries nowadays have more rolls without caraway because so many people hate them, I actually get looked at like I'm an alien when I specifically order them with caraway.
"
DeadManWalkin wrote:
caraway. you know, the stuff any proper baker would put into and onto bread and rolls because it just makes them so much better?

yet everyone seems to hate them. bakeries nowadays have more rolls without caraway because so many people hate them, I actually get looked at like I'm an alien when I specifically order them with caraway.

Man proper sourdough bred with caraway;) hmmm i miss my home. Czech Republic is t one u want to visit if u like proper bakery;) caraway seed is used a lot not just in bakery but for a lot of cooking. I can’t do roast pork without it, it’s just not right;)
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info