[3.8] Assassin Poisonator | Cobra Lash / Venom Gyre | All Content | Uber Elder Video |

in one post you mentioned trying Fork. I am only level 66 but I dropped nightblade to try Fork. Absolutely hilarious how many things flying around the screen. For doing Blights at my level, I almost dont need any towers. If anything gets close I pop plague bearer and done. I have a Vaal Blight in the mix atm, as I havent prepped end game gems yet. But between Plague and Vaal Blight nothing gets by me.
Anyways, just thought I would bring up Fork ---- anyone else think it is worth it later on? With Venom Gyre and GMP I have roughly 15 projectiles going out each shot -- which means I am at 30 for the Whirling Blade shot all the time. I shoot two to three...then Whirl...shoot two to three...whirl. So easy. And with all that lifesteal it is cake walk.
"
Laxxus wrote:
Vix Lunaris is mostly for the +2 skills to buff Plague Bearer.
Freeze immunity and the cold absorb is a nice bonus. Dont think that Cold shield really does much effectively.

And no idea why you would call this a "super-healthy build" when you can just get over 5k with decent gear.

I call it that, as I'm used to builds with less than that, or at least, less health nodes taken.

I see the point to the shield now, though I'm still curious if it's better to dual wield until you get that shield or to level with a random rare until then.

Just checking my options, before I go hunting Regrets to flip my build around.
"
DarkenX wrote:
"
Laxxus wrote:
Vix Lunaris is mostly for the +2 skills to buff Plague Bearer.
Freeze immunity and the cold absorb is a nice bonus. Dont think that Cold shield really does much effectively.

And no idea why you would call this a "super-healthy build" when you can just get over 5k with decent gear.

I call it that, as I'm used to builds with less than that, or at least, less health nodes taken.

I see the point to the shield now, though I'm still curious if it's better to dual wield until you get that shield or to level with a random rare until then.

Just checking my options, before I go hunting Regrets to flip my build around.

I just dual wielded until I picked the shield up myself
Can I ask why on PoB chest says 6 green sockets but in gems description it's 4 green and 2 blue? I see people mentioning nightblade and fork but they are not in the PoB
Last edited by RollingPaper420 on Sep 12, 2019, 5:00:13 PM
hi everyone/ perfect agony must have i think so?

Hey I've been using poison assassin build as league starter. (Not really following the build while leveling)

It's been quite fun, not the strongest build out there (compare to worb/ Cyclone which both are just ridiculous), but it's a very fun build to play due to how interactive it is.

Anyway back to the point, after grabbing 2 pierce trait Venom Gyre becomes quite nice to use, but still has small issue with some of the Blight encounters due to how stacked those monsters are.

Then I add mod on helm/ glove for 2 more pierce and this Venom Gyre becomes really good and start melting most packs on red maps w/o too much of an issue.
Bossing-wise dps is not bad at all cuz poison do ramp up and dps increases overtime, but compare to Cyclone, the dps is nowhere near though, but it is to be expected.

The more I think about it the more that I think GGG really messed up the design of Venom Gyre as a whole. This skill really NEED to have a default pierce , scaling from 1 pierce at lv1 to 4 pierce at lv20.
This skill is literally unusable w/o GMP and some form of Pierce, but with it, it becomes a very nice skill that's as strong as other popular projectile skills.

Like seriously they even give Cobra Lash 5 chain and 3 more chain from enchantment alone because they knew that skill is usable w/o chain.
It's too late for ggg to fix during mid-league I guess... Prob would get a buff next league.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Sep 12, 2019, 6:01:34 PM
"
Laxxus wrote:
"
Chayman wrote:
Managed to get this for 1100 jewelers on the Vorici bench which ain't that bad IMO

Covenant gets us 3 mill more dps than Dendrobate which is BiS damagewise, and we get some life and bloodmagic, so we can drop

for any other flask since mana is not an issue anymore.

Could this even lead to being able to run Aspect of Spider, Skitterbots, Despair and Temporal Chains at the same time?
Might not have enough mana left for a single cast of Withering Step or Plague Bearer tho? Not quite sure right now.

I say just drop Temporal Chain though. This build is tanky enough on its own.
They nerf it so hard against rares/ bosses which is actually things that matter to be slowed.

If you take more than 3 secs to kill packs -> leading to you being in dangerous situation and need all mobs to be slowed to survive, I think your dps is not enough. (which shouldn't be, probably somewhere on your tree isn't optimized)

With 7 link your mana cost for your main skill is so high that having so little mana will just lead you to stop attacking entirely frequently which is way worse than dropping an aura. It also limit your attack speed capability.
Do notice that we literally can do 4+ attacks per second, that's like 30 x 4 mana cost per second (7l), and 12 x 3 = 48 if you take x2 -8 mana cost on rings.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Sep 12, 2019, 6:18:07 PM
I swapped over from Claws to Daggers and find clear speeds and blights to be much easier with Daggers. DPS on bosses is basically the same. Just my two cents after experimenting.

I also crafted another dagger too which can be bench crafted prefix still:

Not sure which will be better. Currently using the higher Attack Speed one. Will try to sell the other one if I can.
Nostrademous
Last edited by Nostrademous on Sep 12, 2019, 7:16:10 PM
"
mic01851165 wrote:
With 7 link your mana cost for your main skill is so high that having so little mana will just lead you to stop attacking entirely frequently which is way worse than dropping an aura. It also limit your attack speed capability.
Do notice that we literally can do 4+ attacks per second, that's like 30 x 4 mana cost per second (7l), and 12 x 3 = 48 if you take x2 -8 mana cost on rings.

Its really an 8-link because that chest gives blood magic too, main skill doesn't use mana anymore with that setup.
"
Chayman wrote:
Managed to get this for 1100 jewelers on the Vorici bench which ain't that bad IMO

Covenant gets us 3 mill more dps than Dendrobate which is BiS damagewise, and we get some life and bloodmagic, so we can drop

for any other flask since mana is not an issue anymore.

That Covenant chest looks like a winner. I could also save a passive point in my mana leech as well and it's useful for more hp as well.

I may well replace my Cherrubim's Maleficence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info