Regarding Next League (Blight)

"
Filix80 wrote:
We just need adjustable control bindings. It's a real joke this has not been in from the beginning. No clue what they were thinking.

No kidding. The omission of this and the inability to zoom in/out the minimap are mind boggling design choices...
Very worrying that there has been no further response here, I am planning on playing a Spectre build this league so if I have no way to target my raise spectre that will be a little bit of a problem.
Would really love the option to at least decide whether I want to use force stand still or have an extra set of skill binds. It sucks to have to make the tradeoff, but I'd much much rather have force stand still than more skill binds. Too much playability is lost in losing FSS.
"
SquishyTia wrote:
Too much playability is lost in losing FSS.

Oh, my god. This is the most ridiculous one yet. The game automatically makes you stand still when you use a skill. You were never doing anything when you pressed that button during fights. (other than making yourself vulnerable if you ever pressed it at another time)

No playability was lost, 50% more was gained.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
How am i suposed to target corpses now? Raise spectre is unplayable now.
"
Bavragor wrote:
How am i suposed to target corpses now? Raise spectre is unplayable now.

Hold the button keybind for Raise Spectre and it will bring up the targetting circle.
"
"
SquishyTia wrote:
Too much playability is lost in losing FSS.

Oh, my god. This is the most ridiculous one yet. The game automatically makes you stand still when you use a skill. You were never doing anything when you pressed that button during fights. (other than making yourself vulnerable if you ever pressed it at another time)

Actually a fair bit was lost. I discovered, that sadly, the servers either don't treat or aren't able to treat a button hold properly. Against the same packs/mob types, it takes roughly 40-50% more hits with the button held down than if I actually withheld fire for a split second between shots. Whereas a mob may take 3-4 shots if I press the button for each individual shot, it can take upwards of 8-10 shots if I just hold the button down.

It's that old "are the servers running on 6502C processors?" joke. I say that because that's the behaviour of the CPU in the NES game console. That is, rapid sequential hits or shots result in many of them registering the audio and video cues, but not the collision. You can readily see this in Contra against the first stage's exit wall and the two trucks in the ice mountain stage. PoE exhibits damn near identical behaviour when you hold the button down.

As a result, I've found that it's best to use timed firing, which being achieved via individual button presses requires force stand still so you can maintain your aim without moving, something rather essential for a ranged build. Force stand still also affords much much more granularity in aiming than holding the button down does. With FSS I could aim in the full 360 degrees. With the button hold method, it "locks in" on one of the eight basic directionals and keeps attempting to maintain that lock no matter how I finagle the analog stick.

So yes, we did lose a lot with the loss of force stand still.
Last edited by SquishyTia on Sep 11, 2019, 3:24:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info