Regarding Next League (Blight)

Announced here, if interested

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2622814

So it seems we are getting more skill buttons

To support all the new skills that are available, we have added an additional bar of skill bindings.

I imagine all the decisions are long past made, but I really hope that they do not involve pushing on one or other of the analog sticks. There is bound to be some displacement when all is said and done, but opting for the "easy" lets use a push stick combo would be undesirable in my opinion.

I hope that GGG uses the Left Trigger (Xbox talk) for the new bindings (I suspect that Left Trigger + Button is easier for me than Right Trigger + Button has proven - that way, everyone would get a choice.

Nothing to do but wait of course.
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
Last bumped on Sep 11, 2019, 12:02:08 AM
First thing that popped in my head as well.

League looks cool but the tower interface seems tricky for console...we shall see I guess.
"
walkjohn55 wrote:
I hope that GGG uses the Left Trigger (Xbox talk) for the new bindings (I suspect that Left Trigger + Button is easier for me than Right Trigger + Button has proven - that way, everyone would get a choice.

To support the new skill binding bar on consoles we've removed the current functionality of LT/L2 (Xbox/PS4), and replaced this with the additional skill bar (as it is implemented on RT/R2).

"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
"
walkjohn55 wrote:

To support the new skill binding bar on consoles we've removed the current functionality of LT/L2 (Xbox/PS4), and replaced this with the additional skill bar (as it is implemented on RT/R2).

Thank you for that advance tidbit. Sounds good to me.
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
"
walkjohn55 wrote:

Sounds interesting , any other specific console changes you can share with us ? Other quality of life stuff ( trade changes 🙌 ) etc
"
Triix wrote:
Sounds interesting , any other specific console changes you can share with us ? Other quality of life stuff ( trade changes 🙌 ) etc

Very unlikely

If you'd read the trade manifesto it's not accidentally designed the way it is. And while the points made there sound good in theory, practically it's just not working the way it is meant to be (at least for me).

Spending an hour or two searching 1000+ pages for specific jewels for instance just doesn't feel "rewarding", especially if you end up not finding what you're looking for after all, mind numbing is a far better way to describe the experience
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
"
walkjohn55 wrote:

Great news. Are there any plans to prioritize the interaction with the tower spots over looting/using bound skill? Building towers could be quite clunky with all those tough monsters around. A solution to this might be a dedicated loot/interact button (ideally assignable as a skill), now that we get an additional skill bar...
"
GrobuIon wrote:
"
Triix wrote:

Very unlikely

If you'd read the trade manifesto it's not accidentally designed the way it is. And while the points made there sound good in theory, practically it's just not working the way it is meant to be (at least for me).

Spending an hour or two searching 1000+ pages for specific jewels for instance just doesn't feel "rewarding", especially if you end up not finding what you're looking for after all, mind numbing is a far better way to describe the experience

Do you mean that post 2 years ago or have they released a newer one?
I thinking more filter , a way to price and item in both exalt and chaos ( ie being able to price an item for 1 ex 20 chaos ) etc .

Was looking for a prophecy awhile back but gave up after 50 pages of "scrolling" , felt very rewarding..
"
Triix wrote:
Do you mean that post 2 years ago or have they released a newer one?
I thinking more filter , a way to price and item in both exalt and chaos ( ie being able to price an item for 1 ex 20 chaos ) etc .

Was looking for a prophecy awhile back but gave up after 50 pages of "scrolling" , felt very rewarding..

I remember seeing that post and snickered about the 50 pages part because just a few days ago i searched for a two stone ring with all 3 resistances + life. And i really could feel myself slowly going mad because it just highlighted almost everything.

I just wish more people would use poe.trade on consoles, its really awkward to use because it's mobile support is not the greatest and i still have to use my pc to search for something specific but it seems like that's just the way we have to do things.

I played on pc way way back and buying and selling was part of the core experience for me but on consoles i try to avoid it like the plague, because the time investment required is just so high.

Even just having something like a tradechat would go a long way in my opinion, using communities currently is the best way to sell things in my opinion but having to rely on so many systems outside of the game to use a core game feature is just awkward.

On pc it's just an alt/tab away but console players really got the short end of the stick

Last edited by GrobuIon on Aug 21, 2019, 9:42:36 AM
Now that GGG has freed up the Left Trigger (L2) for additional Skills, I think that a logical next step would be to free up both LT/L2 and RT/R2 within the Stash Screens (I am assuming that the analogous commands to LT and RT are used on PS - I do not know for sure). Currently, they are just used to scroll Left and Right through the Stash Tabs. I feel that this captures just a fraction of their potential usefulness. Let LT/L2 and RT/R2 act as shift keys in the Stash Screens and there will be lots of open key combos suddenly available for additional commands (like move Left or Right n Tabs, or move to Beginning or End of Tabs).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info