Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters) (1-Button, HC SSF, Pure Item Freedom)

"
I should double-check the masteries selections and make sure they prioritize sustaining early and damage later on

The 'Regenerate 1 life per second for each 1% uncapped fire resistance' really helps early on. You haven't got much life at that point, and you can quite easily craftbench fire resistance on every piece of equipment that doesn't have it.

Now at L57 I have ~225% fire res and ~2500 life, so that is almost 10% regeneration in itself. When I started sustaining, I hadn't finished first Kitava yet, so had even more, and less HP. It worked like a charm. I didn't even use Purity of Fire or a Stone Golem either.
Hey, can you think of a way to change the build to put RF into the 6L instead of incinerate to increase the dmg a lot, and make the area a lot bigger?

Cheers.
"
"
Duponte wrote:
Spoiler
On the Righteous Incinerator, the Cast While Damage taken linked with the Immortal Call, Purifying Wave, and Wave of Conviction is supposed to be Max Level, while CWDT linked with Frost Bomb, Hextouch, and Punishment is supposed to be kept at level 1?
Correct, Duponte!

We want Immortal Call to be at max gem level, so the CwDT needs to be as well. Purifying Flame and Wave of Conviction are only there for the Consecrated Ground and Exposure, both of which don't improve with gem level. So, to save mana, those two gems stay at level one.

The CwDT gem linked to Frost Bomb has a cooldown, so we don't have to worry about it consuming mana non-stop. So having Frost Bomb on a CwDT level one "guarantees" that it'll go off as soon as it's ready.

Good job double-checking.

Does it have to be max? That'd be almost all my health that I need to get hit by. Most likely to just get one shot in that case. Was thinking of running it at lvl 10 with lvl 12 immortal call. Should be ok, right?

Edit: I currently have 4k health with auras running. Can probably increase the
CWDT and IC as I gain more life.
Last edited by Saraneth on Apr 16, 2023, 4:02:03 AM
There is a way around to get Righteous Fire to be a 6 Link or even 7 Link in your helmet. But that would cost you some investment.

A helmet with "Socketed Gems are supported by Level (16-25) Concentrated Effect prefix" & "Socketed Gems are supported by Level (16-25) Burning Damage" take the Bruning Damage Gem out and replace it with an Increased Area of Effect Support Gem. That would turn it already into a 6 Link, if you go even beyond it. You could get a "Socketed Gems Deal 30% More Elemental Damage" mod and craft a +1 to Level of Socketed AoE Gems. But that would be extrems investment.

With the CwDT, it works for me fine. I put even the non cast able icon on my skillbar just to see how often it would be cast and it get casted quite often without my HP dropping hard down.

While I am on it. Wrecker I played a bit around with your skill tree, not the easist thing to do because it works well for it self. But I got managed to put Tempest Shield into that aura setup, because I missed Happy Trigger a bit. Was lucky to got an Aurora Kite Shield. This is so much fun with some investment into the Skill Tree by including Glancing Blows and some Notes that give some Mana Reservation Efficiency and Block Chance. I have a blast right now!
"
There is a way around to get Righteous Fire to be a 6 Link or even 7 Link in your helmet. But that would cost you some investment.

A helmet with "Socketed Gems are supported by Level (16-25) Concentrated Effect prefix" & "Socketed Gems are supported by Level (16-25) Burning Damage" take the Bruning Damage Gem out and replace it with an Increased Area of Effect Support Gem. That would turn it already into a 6 Link, if you go even beyond it. You could get a "Socketed Gems Deal 30% More Elemental Damage" mod and craft a +1 to Level of Socketed AoE Gems. But that would be extrems investment.

With the CwDT, it works for me fine. I put even the non cast able icon on my skillbar just to see how often it would be cast and it get casted quite often without my HP dropping hard down.

While I am on it. Wrecker I played a bit around with your skill tree, not the easist thing to do because it works well for it self. But I got managed to put Tempest Shield into that aura setup, because I missed Happy Trigger a bit. Was lucky to got an Aurora Kite Shield. This is so much fun with some investment into the Skill Tree by including Glancing Blows and some Notes that give some Mana Reservation Efficiency and Block Chance. I have a blast right now!

How does it cast without your health dropping? You need to take over 3.2k dmg in a hit for it to activate.

As for the other stuff, I'll look into it. Thanks.
With the CwDT I might be wrong, but I understand it that it counts damage you take, so you don't need to take all the damage at once to trigger it. And all the defensive stats should most of the time prevent that you take that huge amount at once. This build is like a dance, you need to feel where you can stay still to cast Incinerate or where you move and damage them down with RF alone.

I learned that the hard lesson with Crucible on lethal. But know I understand better how I move or not move.

But in the end Wrecker will give a better answer then I can do.
"
With the CwDT I might be wrong, but I understand it that it counts damage you take, so you don't need to take all the damage at once to trigger it. And all the defensive stats should most of the time prevent that you take that huge amount at once. This build is like a dance, you need to feel where you can stay still to cast Incinerate or where you move and damage them down with RF alone.

I learned that the hard lesson with Crucible on lethal. But know I understand better how I move or not move.

But in the end Wrecker will give a better answer then I can do.

I'm learning how to move. Is taking a while but I'm getting better.
I bought a helm With lvl 20 burning damage and lvl 20 minion damage skills. With Spiritual Aid that has increased my dmg a lot. Also now the area is passable in size. :P
Last edited by Saraneth on Apr 16, 2023, 9:19:58 AM
"
Cyzax wrote:
Spoiler
The 'Regenerate 1 life per second for each 1% uncapped fire resistance' really helps early on. You haven't got much life at that point, and you can quite easily craftbench fire resistance on every piece of equipment that doesn't have it.

Now at L57 I have ~225% fire res and ~2500 life, so that is almost 10% regeneration in itself. When I started sustaining, I hadn't finished first Kitava yet, so had even more, and less HP. It worked like a charm. I didn't even use Purity of Fire or a Stone Golem either.
I can imagine that power early on. I'm looking forward to levelling with it sometime. And ya, a really good point about how easy it is to craft Fire Res. while levelling. That's really good to know that you didn't need some other life regen help!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Saraneth wrote:
Spoiler
Hey, can you think of a way to change the build to put RF into the 6L instead of incinerate to increase the dmg a lot, and make the area a lot bigger?

Cheers.
A min/maxed way is a completely different build, so that'll have to be for another time. But the non-min/maxed way would be:

- Incinerate with Lifetap, Infused Channelling, and Combustion.
- RF with Burning Damage, Elemental Focus, Efficacy, Increased AoE, and Life Tap. (You could replace Increased AoE with Inspiration, but then you'd need to add Inspiration to Incinerate which would make you lose one of the supports on Incinerate that already increases the damage of RF. But, Empower works well here too.)

I already use Increased AoE instead of Efficacy on my 4-link RF and LOVE it.

Does that help?

Oh, keep in mind, the less damage Incinerate does, the less helpful our Leech is.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Saraneth wrote:
Spoiler
Does it have to be max? That'd be almost all my health that I need to get hit by. Most likely to just get one shot in that case. Was thinking of running it at lvl 10 with lvl 12 immortal call. Should be ok, right?

Edit: I currently have 4k health with auras running. Can probably increase the
CWDT and IC as I gain more life.
CwDT doesn't HAVE to be maxed out, but it's highly beneficial because of the extra damage mitigation, duration, etc. we get from the fully levelled gem. (https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Immortal_Call.

As I saw others mention, and they are correct, CwDT isn't about individual hits/damage taken. It's an accumulative total. So CwDT triggers linked spells after a TOTAL amount of damage (from Hits) has been taken. So you don't have to worry about your total life pool in regards to CwDT. You can worry about your life pool as usual. No extra stress added.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Apr 16, 2023, 8:24:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info