[3.13] [SSF] Essence Drain Beastmode || Ultimate Guide to Solo Self Found

"
ismastar wrote:
Hello, thanks for your build!

I've was used to play this build as a witch but since bane came out everyone use this spell and i don't like it.

Is there a reason why only trickster still playing ED/CONTA only?

Another question : Why trickster instead of occultist?

Im pretty new to the game so sorry if my questions looks bad;

Thanks again ;)

Occultist used to be great because it had really high bonuses to energy shield as well as good multipliers for chaos damage and a free extra curse. However, Occultist was hit with the nerf bait quite a lot (just like ES) and Trickster has really great hybrid synergies between Eva and ES. That, and the fact it's a very versatile ascendancy that offers a lot of speed and damage for DoT-builds of all kinds, makes Trickster inarguably the best choice for Essence Drain builds. :)
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
I have a shortbow ilvl 50. Wanted to get a +1 to level of socketed gems and damage over time multiplier. I used 500 alters and didn't get a single damage over time mod. Am I doing something wrong?
"
Sidu wrote:
I have a shortbow ilvl 50. Wanted to get a +1 to level of socketed gems and damage over time multiplier. I used 500 alters and didn't get a single damage over time mod. Am I doing something wrong?

You are doing it right, just getting unlucky.
IGN: Chumbah (Warbands)
Hi and thanks for the guide!

How viable is this for SSF Metamorph league?

I am now level 14 and using Cobra Lash instead of ED and it seems to do much more damage... :(
"
m3lt wrote:

I am now level 14 and using Cobra Lash instead of ED and it seems to do much more damage... :(

Hi there, this guide is written with SSF players in mind. So far I've heard from several people that they're having a really good time with the build and have little issue with Metamorph content.

Cobra Lash is a very different type of skill and excells early on. Essence Drain is a lot stronger imo, but to each their own. ;-)
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
m3lt wrote:

Hi there, this guide is written with SSF players in mind. So far I've heard from several people that they're having a really good time with the build and have little issue with Metamorph content.

Cobra Lash is a very different type of skill and excells early on. Essence Drain is a lot stronger imo, but to each their own. ;-)

Is it a lot stronger end game or early game?

I am using contagion first and then Essence Drain, is this the correct sequence?
"
m3lt wrote:
Is it a lot stronger end game or early game?

I am using contagion first and then Essence Drain, is this the correct sequence?

Essence Drain ramps up as you gain more supports for it and becomes its best version in yellow to red tier maps when you get the right equipment and is an absolute blast at clearing. You'll know the satisfaction when you pop those Legion Monoliths. :-P

Contagion first, Essence Drain second - you're correct about the sequence. ;-)
I'm currently leveling my Empowers and am working on setting up my Vorici bench. While I wait, what would be a good blue gem to run before I can white socket/Empower my 6L?
"
gtetrakai wrote:
I'm currently leveling my Empowers and am working on setting up my Vorici bench. While I wait, what would be a good blue gem to run before I can white socket/Empower my 6L?

Only thing really would be either Less Duration or Arcane Surge (level 6 or 7). However, even level 2 in that bow gives more damage than Arcane Surge does. ;-)
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Only thing really would be either Less Duration or Arcane Surge (level 6 or 7). However, even level 2 in that bow gives more damage than Arcane Surge does. ;-)

I already have Arcane Surge linked to Flame Dash and if I had the reds socket to use Less Duration, then I'd just use my Empower (it's midway to level 3). I settled on Energy Leech. It seems to be working out just fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info