Animation Feedback

what i would like to see beside changing some animations is some new sounds for some attacks sweep for excample should knock the enemies a little bit back but should also get a cool hitting sound aswell as some of the cold dmg spells (for excample firestorm) it makes such an awesome sound when you hit enemys this bam bam bam sound if you hit smth
I haven't read much of the forums to know if it's been mentioned, but on my marauder, the strength gem Sweep does not have a very good sound behind it, much less does it look like it really connects with enemies. It could really use an improvement in both areas I think.
Running animations for female player chars could be better, the ranger might as well be a man, while the witch is like.. dunno, a drunk hobo woman pacing around. I mean, she seems sexy on char creation, but then in game... meh.

Something else i'd like to see improved is the player characters looks, the models themselves don't stand out that much compared to npcs and mobs, and also the armors they wear always look like trash more or less.
I recently noticed that several swing animations (e.g. that of heavy strike) are slightly bugged. If your character is chilled (I believe this works with temporal chains as well), the orange "swing blur" thing moves at its normal speed and thus "disconnects" from the weapon. It isn't a big thing but it can be seen if you look closely at a replay.
The reason seems that the skill animation isn't slowed while the character is.
How are you guys doing animations with your engine?

Is there a way to cancel it midway and start another, an Archer doesn't need to bring her hand all the way back to the right position before running.

This should make the gameplay much smoother for the Archer. I've yet to try the others but will be hard to digress the same fate. Would love to hear what one of the devs have to say.

Feels a bit slow and sluggish in the beginning, but overall the animations looks okay. With some flashy spells, good gear and passives to increase the speed of things the game looks pretty good. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
yeah they acknowledge this issue sadly they don't have the funds right now to fix this problem.

Its a huge game breaker for me but I stomach it.

Whats killing me is the lack of epic rain/lightning storm that I Saw when I started the game. Its hardly there after that and it has caused me to give up on the game
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
i dont like how characters move,really looks unnatural
I want more awesome melee animations. Personally Im a sucker for huge elemental explosions that make me feel powerful. As such the only melee character that really holds my attention is one that uses lightning strike. With the exception of this and ground slam most of the melee abilities are just different variations on an attack animations. I bet that people would be more happy about the so called discrepancy between ranged and melee if you gave melee more impressive explosive abilities.

imbuing swords and axes with flaming energy making the sword glow then is diffused when it explodes on a group of monsters or a nova of toxic poison that blasts out from a dagger hit and covers the monster group in corrosive goo, etc...

You guys are creative im sure that you can come up with such awesome ideas about this stuff.
Last edited by shnurr214 on Jan 22, 2013, 10:57:40 AM
Overall I like animations but I dislike the duelist's stance, and a lot.
I mean isn't the duelist supposed to be someone proud of himself and his skills in battle? Isn't he supposed to be confident about himself? Because to me it looks as if he was so beat down that he can't even handle the weight of his own head. I mean look at him! He's always at this ridiculous half crouched stance. If he plans on standing like that for the rest of his life he's going to have some severe back problems in the future. My main is a duelist (at least until the final wipe), and I love my dmg output, my skills and the overall way I've built my character, but I seriously can't stand him as a character, not due to his personality, but because (to me) he seems to want to represent something, to be looked as a mighty warrior/ranger/whatever, but his goofy stance prevents him from doing so.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I love this freaking game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info