Animation Feedback

Just wanted to say that after trying out PoE over the open beta weekend that it seems to be on track to be a great ARPG, but my biggest concern was the quality of the animations.

The animations reminded me of Titan Quest, which is another great ARPG, but to have animations that remind me of that means that they look pretty outdated. In fact, they pale in comparison to the graphics, which I thought were quite nice.

Of course, I will be playing D3 when it releases this week, but I feel that the class/skill system in this game is much deeper and more rewarding than D3's, so hopefully the animation issue will be addressed before (or after) release, because I would love another reason to support you guys.
I agree, the animations, especially for melee are not optimal, and could become a lot better.

maybe smoother animation
The most obvious animation issues I've seen so far:
-Mobs suddenly switching directions
-if you are near a wall, and fire an arrow at it, sometimes the animation will be reversed 180 degrees.
Why dont you use animations already in the game more often.

Example would be first animation of zombie eating man when you wash ashore in the beginning of teh game.
Why we cant see that later in the game more often ? Would it add to the feel of teh game more if you would go through prison area and find like 20 or 30 of this zombies eating corpses ?

Or zombies coming out of the ground why cant you just make random trigger when you go through area and make like zombies jump everywhere around you in the circle and start to approach you from all sides.

This cool animations are already in the game.

Just use them more :)
I think I found an animation glitch of sorts. When I cast a nova on my witch, the mask she's wearing seems to slide up and off her face.
I would like to see more animations for weapons, for example for a 2hand sword you only have the overhead slash I would like to add a side slash or something like that.
I have already said this in a previous post about my opinions about this AWESOME game.
I'm currently playing as a ranger and i've noticed (i don't know if i'm the only one) that sometimes when i miss a shot with bow, the arrow hits the target anyway, dealing no dmg to it.
The result is you have let's say a zombie walking around with full health but with my arrow stuck in its face... lol =)
Fat Moe: What have you been doing all these years?
Noodles: Been going to bed early...
(i guess he didn't have a beta key...)
It would be really nice if you could replace that white colour showing when you mouse-point at the entrance of every instance.
Instead do some decent movements of tree branches/opening door/wind blowing the leaves on the ground/ animations in the background of those entrances when you point at them. This doesn't have any other RPG :)
"
sakalthor wrote:
It would be really nice if you could replace that white colour showing when you mouse-point at the entrance of every instance.
Instead do some decent movements of tree branches/opening door/wind blowing the leaves on the ground/ animations in the background of those entrances when you point at them. This doesn't have any other RPG :)

+ this
plus add more animations to weapons as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info