[3.15] 1h Impale Cyclone Slayer. Cheap league starter and strong endgame farmer. No required items.

Hey!

I've been following Eechye's advice, and this is what I have at the moment:

https://pastebin.com/9L77bY1i

I do find myself being very squishy and lacking a bit of damage. I do know that I should try to get the gems to at least 20/20, but is it there anything else anyone can see that'd help me progress?

I'm a bit stagnant while trying to farm currency, so I don't have a lot at my disposal. Only an ex.
"
boatingeon wrote:
Hey!

I've been following Eechye's advice, and this is what I have at the moment:

https://pastebin.com/9L77bY1i

I do find myself being very squishy and lacking a bit of damage. I do know that I should try to get the gems to at least 20/20, but is it there anything else anyone can see that'd help me progress?

I'm a bit stagnant while trying to farm currency, so I don't have a lot at my disposal. Only an ex.

I see you went with the 2h route, wich is also perfectly fine. I do agree with what Eechye said and I appreciate him helping out regarding starting out with 2h.

Your current weapon however is very very bad for this build. Make sure you get a Terminus Est 2h sword unique as it will increase your DPS tenfold.
When you pick up this sword also make sure to respec Overwhelm ascendancy as it's not useful with the high base crit of the sword. Get Bane of Legends if you want damage or get Endless Hunger if you want stun/bleed immunity.

Also I wouldnt recommend using Abyssus because of the increased damage taken, use it at your own risk.

Other than that I'll tell you the same thing I told another guy earlier today, DO NOT use a 5link chest just to get the -15 mod. If you get a 6link and use Lifetap support as your 6th link you are replicating our desired effect of removing the mana cost, but at the same time giving you 29% more damage during the duration. Lifetap is not a great support in general but it is much better than using a 5link.

EDIT: Lastly do make sure to increase your life and resists. I dont know if this is the gear you are actually using but you need to have 75% atleast in fire/cold/lightning at all times, no exception.

I do also recommend 4k life for white maps, 5k life for yellow maps and 6k life in red maps, you can get away with 5.5k in reds if you know what you are doing but it's a bit risky.

EDIT2: I just looked at your skill tree and saw that you still have Dervish wheel allocated, this only helps one-handers so make sure to respec out of that and grab Destroyer wheel instead :)

EDIT3: Make sure you have the correct cluster jewel, otherwise it's not worth using it. You have a claw/dagger large cluster so dont use that. Spec those points into the normal skill tree until you can afford the correct clusters.

I also noticed that you are running 2x quicksilver flasks, make sure to swap one of them for a diamond flask instead as it will tremendously increase your DPS.
Last edited by Dex2644 on Apr 25, 2021, 7:15:37 PM
Thank you for the amazing write up, it was very helpful.

I addressed all of your comments here:
https://pastebin.com/MmhDV1vp

I had to take some ele resist passives until I can get better rares.

I'm now sitting at 4.5k hp, which is not great, but I'll work on improving that as well.

Gonna try out the new things and let you know if I'm having a better time.

Thanks for the help!
Currently using the dual wield build. Will be waiting for the updated guide.
Hello there!

any tips for me, how to go on from now?

https://pastebin.com/0617K3Qm

Save money for Paradoxica or Ryslatha's Coil?

Or Invest in cluster jewels?
Last edited by Melemakar on Apr 26, 2021, 7:20:01 AM
Hi, nice guide, i am following it.

Please put the leveling guide for 40+ because i dont know what to buy xD

Thanks!
Aragana ingame
GMT +1
Last edited by mash1087 on Apr 26, 2021, 4:20:55 PM
Hi, did you update POB? Because it's not showing the leveling tree anymore, only the cheap/expensive selection. Unless I'm thinking of a different guide but I'm not sure.
"
AaronOx wrote:
Hi, did you update POB? Because it's not showing the leveling tree anymore, only the cheap/expensive selection. Unless I'm thinking of a different guide but I'm not sure.

I'm currently updating the guide yes. I removed the levelling section entirely because I wasnt happy with it, in hindsight I should have just left the old one up as a placeholder.

While doing that I also found out that all items were jumbled up together all over the place because of a previous update so that was fun to fix...
Currently running well rolled paradoxica with 420 pdps corsair sword, wondering if i should switch corsair to saviour or look for like 550 pdps jewelled instead? The things that turn me off a little from savior rn are that i wont get as much leech mapping because of lower initial damage and because clones would do some of the damage instead of me? Plus, i swap to blade flurry for bossing, so saviors extremely low APS is a let down there aswell. Currently can do all content and just farming for hh, appreciate the input.
"
Fray99x wrote:
Currently running well rolled paradoxica with 420 pdps corsair sword, wondering if i should switch corsair to saviour or look for like 550 pdps jewelled instead? The things that turn me off a little from savior rn are that i wont get as much leech mapping because of lower initial damage and because clones would do some of the damage instead of me? Plus, i swap to blade flurry for bossing, so saviors extremely low APS is a let down there aswell. Currently can do all content and just farming for hh, appreciate the input.

No need to worry about leech. We reach our leech instance cap with a single tap of cyclone even with 1 weapon because of how much damage we do relative to our health in late game.

Dont think about saviour as an actual weapon, you only care about proccing the reflections.

I wouldnt advise swapping away from cyclone but if you prefer blade flurry then go for it. They scale the same way but blade flurry needs a lot more maintenance with releasing on 6 for optimal damage. With cyclone its just spin to win and much easier to dodge mechanics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info