[3.7] FLASK HERO! (CWC Volatile Dead Auto casting loop)

"
kileras12 wrote:
What is a reson to pick up path finder?

Probably for the "3 charges gained every 3 seconds"

But for me it doesn't make that much of a difference if you're spamming more than the gain per sec(idk if "increased charge gained" effects stack with ascendancy)

I theorycrafted a version with shadow's trickster ascendancy(64-70k with V-RF on vs 30k per ball) and would like to know if Pathfinder 3 charges every 3 sec is mandatory or how much it weights on the sustain as i would like to make this version:

POB

"
Nestorbabe wrote:
Why are you using hallowed mana flasks instead of Divine ones? The 5/30 consumption of Divine flasks is better than the 4/20 of hallowed..Am I missing something?

And i agree with Nestor here, PoB shows same charge per use as Hallowed, but Divine are a little better :)

EDIT: I did some calcs and on a 3 second frame, if i get 20 charges across 4 flasks(increased chages gained stacks, so 40-60% increase on ascendancy passive), hardly i will be spamming more than 20 times(as 1 charge per use). This means that once you get the timing right, it is near impossible to run out of charges and life even without mobs around.
Last edited by DarkerThanTheOtherOne on Jul 18, 2019, 4:32:20 PM
"
"
kileras12 wrote:
What is a reson to pick up path finder?

"
Nestorbabe wrote:
Why are you using hallowed mana flasks instead of Divine ones? The 5/30 consumption of Divine flasks is better than the 4/20 of hallowed..Am I missing something?

EDIT: I did some calcs and on a 3 second frame, if i get 20 charges across 4 flasks(increased chages gained stacks, so 40-60% increase on ascendancy passive), hardly i will be spamming more than 20 times(as 1 charge per use). This means that once you get the timing right, it is near impossible to run out of charges and life even without mobs around.

How are you not dying super fast? If I try to make my flasks last like that I lose life way too fast. I even added 1000 armour to take less damage and I am still unable to survive unless I spam so hard that I cant sustain without killing mobs. I wish you could gain flask charges off corpses
Are you using spell cascade or not using PF?
Remember that the more orbs you generate, the more phantasms die and this translates in more phys damage taken per cycle
Last edited by DarkerThanTheOtherOne on Jul 19, 2019, 9:12:32 AM
Are we not supposed to use spell cascade in the 6 link staff?

It shows in in the original post. I am also having immense troubles keeping myself up. I have to spam flasks as fast as possible and run out of charges very quickly. I can't even begin to sustain RF as well.

I have all the same gear there abouts so I cant figure out what I am doing wrong.
"
AbyssianX10 wrote:
Are we not supposed to use spell cascade in the 6 link staff?

It shows in in the original post. I am also having immense troubles keeping myself up. I have to spam flasks as fast as possible and run out of charges very quickly. I can't even begin to sustain RF as well.

I have all the same gear there abouts so I cant figure out what I am doing wrong.

One step at a time.

If you have trouble sustaining the normal cycle without RF, drop spell cascade. 3 orbs vs. 9 orbs deals 1/3 of the damage(1050 vs 3150 per cycle) to you and you can use Immolate instead to offset damage "loss"(obviously don't use elemental focus in this case).

Then RF isn't always active. If you look closely in the showcase video, RF is constantly turning off as one of the mana flasks has Of Dousing suffix.
That said, RF burns you for 90% of your Life and 70% of your ES.
As an example with 5k Life and 1k ES:
-4.5k Fire damage from Life;
-700 Fire damge from ES;
5.2k Fire damage per second without fire res-> 1.3k with 75% fire res.
Now if you're using Arakaali + Abberath pantheon (-10% Fire DoT taken)
-> 1170 Fire Dot

You would need to sustain 1170 Fire DoT + 1050 Phys damage each second/cycle.

And now with MoM: 30% of any damage source is taken from Mana(DoT too)
-> 819 Fire Dot + 735 Phys damage (351 + 315 on Mana )

Life+ES regen should help you halve the Fire DoT, more over with Arakaali buff to regen(Queen of the Great Tangle Soul) it should decrease even more.
(You definitely stop taking dot damage if RF gets turned off)

Add Indigon's recovery (instant): 10% of your Max Life (500 per use in this case)

-> Global damage taken per sec on life (aprox as 2 VD cast per second without spell cascade) 2289
-> you would need 4 flask charges/uses each second to sustain 2k damage (+ the mana recovery as life from flask: 290 over 7 sec -> 41.43 Life/sec base flask {cannot access PoB as I'm writing})
--> Let's say(going by memory) with Divine Mana flask you get 1k mana as life over 5 sec: easy 200 Life/sec [same inc/dec of Hallowed as charge per use ratio is similar]
--> By this calcs you should recover 2.2k Life every sec (counting non-instant recovery as 200 Life/sec of only 1 flask active as i don't remember how flask stacking works)

2289 - 2200= 89 global damage per sec (+ 981 damage per sec on mana without recovery calcs [should be 1k - 981 per second])

And remember that i didn't add natural recovery per sec.
Last edited by DarkerThanTheOtherOne on Jul 19, 2019, 11:54:27 AM
I only play HC League, Is this vaible? And how would the lvling process go? Should I lvl with the build or just lvl with something else and use a bunch of orbs of regret once I reach lvl 72?
I have updated the build a bit. Switched from assassin subclass to chieftain and now do way more dmg.

Here are some questions summarized:

Q: do you need pathfinder?
A: yes, this is a flask spamming build like you would not believe.

Q: is it HC viable?
A: no, prepare to die.

Q: why hollowed mana flask and not divine?
A: divine mana flask costs 2 charges per use after all reductions.

Q: why hungering Loop?
A: its an additional 5L cwdt setup on a cwdt build.

Q: how to level?
A: level as a generic scion build. Switch over once you are high level.

Q: Having trouble sustaining life?
A: higher hp pool means flasks heal for more per use. aim for 5600+. Also, getting clarity watcher's eye with dmg taken gained as mana (20%), the 3% from tree, and 6% on amulet will keep your mana mostly topped up for MoM.

Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
"
DreamScythe wrote:

Q: why hollowed mana flask and not divine?
A: divine mana flask costs 2 charges per use after all reductions.

Q: Having trouble sustaining life?
A: higher hp pool means flasks heal for more per use. aim for 5600+.

Can you recheck the flask? My PoB still says that divines still use 1 charge per use in final calcs. I fear I'm reading it wrong

Also reached a playable state yesterday:
-min 3.5k life to sustain the whole process without spell cascade
-needs to get a good hang of the "timing frequency" of flask spam
-any physical burster will be your nemesis until 4-4.5k life

What's th Hp threshold to add spell cascade?
Last edited by DarkerThanTheOtherOne on Jul 23, 2019, 7:45:36 AM
PoB does not calculate flasks correctly in this case. I have manually tested all flasks that seemed suitable.

Divine mana flask does get reduced to 1 charge if you have access to a synthesis belt with reduced flask charges implicit however.

Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
Last edited by DreamScythe on Jul 24, 2019, 1:14:18 AM
great build, but too many actions performed to fast sux !

Quick question btw, i'm having 2 charges used for each tap not sure what i'm missing... using hallowed mana pots

19% on belt, 24% on potion and 15% from arcane chemistry passive.
Do you need perf rolls ? 20 & 25 to get it down to 1 charge?

Edit : divined the belt to 20% it's now down to 1 charge
Last edited by Piafz on Aug 4, 2019, 9:50:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info