[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
Shaddolf wrote:
I know you never liked my old belt dark, how do you like this one?

5680hp 2502ES = 8182 EHP with 10,001 evasion

That's indeed a pretty GG belt! :o
F on your hyrri's. Some of the good corruption ones also have really poor rolls, so it's hard to buy corrupted already... :/

"
Grepsd wrote:

What to upgrade now ? my ST damage still seem to be a bit lacking.

(...)

My tree somewhat differs from yours, i could'nt make it work with eldritch batery and MoM, it felt less tanky

i'm open to suggestions !

Thanks again for the great guide

A good hubris circlet would be slightly less life, but way more ES and about 15% more damage overall (the -9 chaos mod is really strong).
Also, EB+MoM allows you to pick up aspect of the spider for another 7% more dps.
I don't really know why EB+MoM doesn't work for you, do you have about 2500 es? Can't really tell without opening PoB, and I can't open a PoB for everyone here sadly ><
one last thing: your jewels are really meh.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Metamorph/D6zJyGwH5
This is the absolute minimum I would settle for. At least get life and double damage. One of your jewel is a single damage mod, really should be replaced.

"
Swigg90 wrote:

I'm curious as to what your tree looks like. I made some nice upgrades to my gear today, but this build honestly doesn't feel tanky at all. Kinda feel mislead, not gonna lie. I constantly get one shot by random shit. I'm not going to go into it too much as I already explained in a post a couple days ago. With my recent upgrades I melt most mobs and bosses die fairly quickly, but yeah that's about it.. Not sure where the supposed tankiness comes from.

I honnestly don't really know what to tell you. I think I'm missing something but idk what. Your gear is pretty good and your tree as well. While there is a lot of upgrades you can do damage wise, you should already be at a point where you're never ever dying outside of random syndicate/metamorph oneshots...

I can tank a shaper slam (14000 phys damage) and still have a third of my health back, that I'll regenerate in 1.5 second. That's only if I manage to get hit by it, it actually took 3 shaper attempts to get hit once, tanking them all. While you can go even more tanky than this, the only builds above are mana guardians, full tank juggernauts and str stacking. These builds have even less single target and significantly lower clearspeed (except str stacking necromancer, lol).

Maybe what you need to know is the playstyle to adopt. My first char ever was a CI miner with 8.5k es, temp chain aura occultist with good elemental mitigation. Didn't stop me from dying 500+ times, on average every 3 maps, during the 600 hours I played her ^^
WHile this miner was squishy and nowhere near the level of defenses this trickster guide has, my point is that there are mechanics in PoE that will oneshot you. A big part of not dying/playing hardcore isn't the build and defenses selection, it's knowing what's dangerous. For exemple when Tzteosh (fire beyond boss) spawns, you have to know that the huge flameblasts deal little damage, but the melee molten strike is very deadly. A haku syndicate slam deals about 8k base damage in a t16 map, with map mods it easily deals 25k+ damage. It's really easy to dodge once you know haku will spawn (and you're supposed to pay attention) and when he starts chanelling his easy to see hammer slam. But if it kills you, it's most likely a missplay.
First: Thanks a lot for the build and the the huge amount of effort and time, You put in it!

In the crafting tutorial for the build, I - trying to follow the guide exactly step by step - was unlucky in step 13).
When I slammed in the Exalted to get the +1 socketed gems mod, I got a Redemeer's mod instead: "Gain 19% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold damage."

Seems as this doesn't count as an attack mod roll. :-( Since a had to annull that, things got quite more expensive: of course the Chaos dot mod was annulled, and I had to start the crafting process again. With very bad luck with annulling, so I ran out of annullment Orbs. :(
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

"
Swigg90 wrote:

I'm curious as to what your tree looks like. I made some nice upgrades to my gear today, but this build honestly doesn't feel tanky at all. Kinda feel mislead, not gonna lie. I constantly get one shot by random shit. I'm not going to go into it too much as I already explained in a post a couple days ago. With my recent upgrades I melt most mobs and bosses die fairly quickly, but yeah that's about it.. Not sure where the supposed tankiness comes from.

I honnestly don't really know what to tell you. I think I'm missing something but idk what. Your gear is pretty good and your tree as well. While there is a lot of upgrades you can do damage wise, you should already be at a point where you're never ever dying outside of random syndicate/metamorph oneshots...

I can tank a shaper slam (14000 phys damage) and still have a third of my health back, that I'll regenerate in 1.5 second. That's only if I manage to get hit by it, it actually took 3 shaper attempts to get hit once, tanking them all. While you can go even more tanky than this, the only builds above are mana guardians, full tank juggernauts and str stacking. These builds have even less single target and significantly lower clearspeed (except str stacking necromancer, lol).

Maybe what you need to know is the playstyle to adopt. My first char ever was a CI miner with 8.5k es, temp chain aura occultist with good elemental mitigation. Didn't stop me from dying 500+ times, on average every 3 maps, during the 600 hours I played her ^^
WHile this miner was squishy and nowhere near the level of defenses this trickster guide has, my point is that there are mechanics in PoE that will oneshot you. A big part of not dying/playing hardcore isn't the build and defenses selection, it's knowing what's dangerous. For exemple when Tzteosh (fire beyond boss) spawns, you have to know that the huge flameblasts deal little damage, but the melee molten strike is very deadly. A haku syndicate slam deals about 8k base damage in a t16 map, with map mods it easily deals 25k+ damage. It's really easy to dodge once you know haku will spawn (and you're supposed to pay attention) and when he starts chanelling his easy to see hammer slam. But if it kills you, it's most likely a missplay.

Is there any trick to the playstyle that I might be missing? Like chaining between mob packs when your ED isn't leeching off of something? Or perhaps using vaal discipline at specific times to keep your ES up? I've said this before but it seems like your ES regens SUPER fast compared to mine. Am I missing something there perhaps? I'm not sure how you can dodge so often.. My chance to dodge attack hits with no flasks or phasing is only 59% and 20% for spells. Does that seem low? These days I feel like I spend more time trying to find improvements to my gear or tree to stay alive than playing the game.

Hope I didn't come off too harsh. I want to be clear I appreciate the work you put into the guide and answering folks here. Was a bit tilted when I wrote that, and I've begun to learn what can and can't be tanked. For starters anything that leaps into the air or has a long wind-up time is usually has death written all over it. Those are easy enough to dodge. It's the random 1-shots from metas and bosses that I'm not familiar with that are super frustrating. Even more so when there's no death recap. Kind of hard to learn and adapt when you disappear in the blink of an eye literally.

As for the gear I do have one of those temple modded rings ready to be multi-modded. I just don't have the currency and I would have to upgrade my gloves at the same time to make up for the loss of fire resist. I also have elder fingerless gloves for that and spent a lot of fossils today trying to get the rolls, but missed out. A few close ones, but no dice.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Last edited by Swigg90 on Jan 26, 2020, 10:03:27 AM
"
First: Thanks a lot for the build and the the huge amount of effort and time, You put in it!

In the crafting tutorial for the build, I - trying to follow the guide exactly step by step - was unlucky in step 13).
When I slammed in the Exalted to get the +1 socketed gems mod, I got a Redemeer's mod instead: "Gain 19% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold damage."

Seems as this doesn't count as an attack mod roll. :-( Since a had to annull that, things got quite more expensive: of course the Chaos dot mod was annulled, and I had to start the crafting process again. With very bad luck with annulling, so I ran out of annullment Orbs. :(

The bow needed to be without influence to start the craft. It says so at step one... :/ Rip, sorry.
It's worth noting that a warlord's or crusader mod would also work, but I strongly discourage it as you won't be able to redeemer slam later.
Hello and thx a lot for you r guide (sorry for bad english)
I try to follow as much as possible but i need some help for my next step on gear except the elbow.
Got 5exalt so its too early to get the elbow, but have u got some advice to help me to have a better dps?
Im not rich, try to farm max but unlucky on drops and its my 1st character.
i can clear t16 normal maps but feel like not good dps.
Anyone got some tips on how to craft a +1 chaos gem level + chaos damage over time amulet ?
"
doz3nmast3r wrote:
Hello and thx a lot for you r guide (sorry for bad english)
I try to follow as much as possible but i need some help for my next step on gear except the elbow.
Got 5exalt so its too early to get the elbow, but have u got some advice to help me to have a better dps?
Im not rich, try to farm max but unlucky on drops and its my 1st character.
i can clear t16 normal maps but feel like not good dps.

bow really helps for that... The damage is really lacking in t16 maps with cane now. My advice is to get a 21/0% ED and a 4ex classic ed bow (don't craft, buy as is). THis'll make you do about 50% more damage and cost you ~4ex, it's worth it.

"
Anyone got some tips on how to craft a +1 chaos gem level + chaos damage over time amulet ?

Adding a crafting section now. Needed to do that for a while, sorry.
Thx for the answer;)
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

The bow needed to be without influence to start the craft. It says so at step one... :/ Rip, sorry.

Damn it, should've read more carefully! Thx for the answer!
Hrm sure is hard, if not currently impossible, to buy a 1% Max res hyrri's. Vaal chance so low that I can't justify buying them up to Vaal myself either.

I've got the decent roll with 6% life that needs colours and links, but it's so expensive to do that it doesn't seem a good investment without a better base.

Fallen back to a trusty 20c restless ward in the meantime haha

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info