HAH I covered your windows with MUD

"
...the pictures... for the love of Kuduku, why?

*shudders*

Just be thankful there aren't any photos up of what giant hornet venom does to human flesh. I did consider it, but figured that was going a bit too far... :D
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Last edited by aggromagnet on Jun 18, 2019, 10:19:19 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Arachnophobia trigger warning

Saw a few of these spider wasps in our back courtyard this summer. Watching them prey on slow, dumb but still unnervingly large huntsman spiders is quite entertaining. We just sat there commenting on how the conflict might turn out.

Why are insects and spiders in Australia just so much bigger than everywhere else? Or is that in particular just a rather small huntsman spider?
Also, from what I recall, huntsman spiders aren't that slow. I mean, them using their speed to actively hunt down insects is what gave them their name!

...are we really having an insect and spider discussion in an I_NO thread of all things now? Off topic is weird...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
From what I've seen, they are pretty quick when they are the hunter. Not so much when they are being hunted. A lot of spiders are pretty dumb that way.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Salvaging poorly-started threads is something I've been doing on here pretty much from the beginning. Not that weird at all. And to be fair, this one's on aggro I think.

I_NO brought in the wasps, and I can't help but think of my friend who was outright murdered by one any time they're brought up.

We could maybe change to monkeys. I've had some pretty wild encounters with monkeys in my wife's hometown in central Taiwan. They're kind of hilarious when you're just visiting, but I certainly wouldn't want to have to live with them on a permanent basis.
"
aggromagnet wrote:
From what I've seen, they are pretty quick when they are the hunter. Not so much when they are being hunted. A lot of spiders are pretty dumb that way.

Tell that the spiders I'm trying to throw out. If they notice me moving, there're more likely to reach the other side of the room than I am to catch them. Nothing huntsman-sized over here though, the closest I can get to those are giant house spiders.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I ALSO ADDED SPIDER NEST IN THE MUD FUNNEL WEB ONES

NANANANA
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
aggromagnet wrote:

Tell that the spiders I'm trying to throw out. If they notice me moving, there're more likely to reach the other side of the room than I am to catch them. Nothing huntsman-sized over here though, the closest I can get to those are giant house spiders.

A lot of outdoor spiders often tend to be more oblivious and less responsive to threats, especially larger ones.

At the last house I had in Texas before moving abroad, spotting tarantulas out in the back yard was not at all uncommon during the summer. My dogs would go nuts when they saw them and just bark and growl and pace back and forth around them. The tarantulas didn't care one bit. They'd just be like...whatever, I'm hunting crickets right now, so you do you.
Ah, Texas...the north's little Oz away from Oz...rattlers, fire ants that form carpets over floodwaters and scourge the land everywhere the water touches, recluses, widows, etc.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
crunkatog wrote:
Ah, Texas...the north's little Oz away from Oz...rattlers, fire ants that form carpets over floodwaters and scourge the land everywhere the water touches, recluses, widows, etc.
Africanized bees, scorpions, coyotes, mountain lions, the occasional black bear--and, of course, Leatherface.
Okay I now HAVE BEAVERS ON YOUR WINDOWS NOW

MUAHAHAHA ENJOY THEM FART FACEES
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info