HAH I covered your windows with MUD

"
FCK42 wrote:
"
AHA I HAVE RETURNED I NOW FILLED the muds with... MUD WASP MUAHAHAH

Sorry to break it to you, but there's a hornet nest nearby. I've seen them bite some wasps' heads off mid flight. They also actively seek out nearby wasp colonies to destroy them. They generally don't like wasps.

Hornets are wasps btw...and they generally don't like anything. And I can tell you, the giant hornets we have in this part of the world absolutely do not fuck around. If you see one nearby, it's a really, really good idea to leave the area.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
aggromagnet wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
AHA I HAVE RETURNED I NOW FILLED the muds with... MUD WASP MUAHAHAH

Sorry to break it to you, but there's a hornet nest nearby. I've seen them bite some wasps' heads off mid flight. They also actively seek out nearby wasp colonies to destroy them. They generally don't like wasps.

Hornets are wasps btw...and they generally don't like anything. And I can tell you, the giant hornets we have in this part of the world absolutely do not fuck around. If you see one nearby, it's a really, really good idea to leave the area.

Well technically all hornets are wasps, but only some wasps are hornets.

That being said you dont want to fuck with either. Hornets stings can be significant more painful than their bee/wasp friends and their stinger isnt hooked, so they can jackhammer you.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Well technically all hornets are wasps, but only some wasps are hornets.

That being said you dont want to fuck with either. Hornets stings can be significant more painful than their bee/wasp friends and their stinger isnt hooked, so they can jackhammer you.

I actually had a coworker who was killed by just 1 of our hornets about 3 years ago.

The bastard latched on to her neck while she was walking her dog in a riverside park and stung her repeatedly. It was still stinging her when a passerby who saw her collapse went to check on her, but she was likely already dead. Normally just one of them wouldn’t have enough venom to kill a non-allergic human on its own, but she got at least a couple stings right in the jugular.

Really messed up way to go.

And then...about a year after that her little dog was killed by a fucking cobra lol.
Well... the hornets that live here are some of the most chill insects I know, right up there with bumblebees. They won't sting you unless you're actively destroying their nest or physically harming them. They still don't like other kinds of wasps though.
Also, while hornet stings are a lot more painful than those of bees or other wasps, they deliver less venom per sting, but due to their stingers being larger, they reach further under the skin. Oh, and wasps in general don't have barbed stingers, that's not limited to hornets.

TL;DR: The hornets over here are chill and fairly harmless (if you're not allergic or get stung in the throat or something), but hate any and all other kinds of wasps.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Well... the hornets that live here are some of the most chill insects I know, right up there with bumblebees. They won't sting you unless you're actively destroying their nest or physically harming them. They still don't like other kinds of wasps though.
Also, while hornet stings are a lot more painful than those of bees or other wasps, they deliver less venom per sting, but due to their stingers being larger, they reach further under the skin. Oh, and wasps in general don't have barbed stingers, that's not limited to hornets.

TL;DR: The hornets over here are chill and fairly harmless (if you're not allergic or get stung in the throat or something), but hate any and all other kinds of wasps.

I mostly agree with everything you said. They are not really aggressive by nature and most stings are accidental or from our overreaction to their proximity.

However I would disagree on the venom portion. From what I know Hornet venom at over 5% acetylcholine is on of the reasons for the amount of pain (and larger stinger itself) and the most potent single sting in the bee family.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
AHA I have RETURNED AND INFUSED THE MUD with CHEESE THAT'S RIGHT CHEESE.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
aggromagnet wrote:

These are the ones over here. They're overall harmless, pretty chill and even helpful (you know... killing other types of wasps). Also, they're an endangered species, so legal actions can be taken against you if you destroy one of their nests. I like them. They're awesome.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
These are the ones over here.[/url] They're overall harmless, pretty chill and even helpful (you know... killing other types of wasps). Also, they're an endangered species, so legal actions can be taken against you if you destroy one of their nests. I like them. They're awesome.

If ours did useful things like feast on more of the massive flying cockroaches (which definitely do not have pilots licenses) we also have here, I'd be more understanding of them. They don't though. They're too busy wiping out honeybees lol.
...the pictures... for the love of Kuduku, why?

*shudders*
Contact us at support@grindinggear.com!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info