[3.7] Essence Drain/Contagion Trickster (the best one)

"
CrageX wrote:

can trade: 3 ex each

I would like the second one if you stil have it :)
Make me a sign when you are online !
What should be my next upgrade?
Thinking about Gloves with Non-Ailment or better jewels.

Working on level 21 ED.

"

Last edited by kasperoh on Jul 5, 2019, 7:53:16 AM
"
Freredacier wrote:
"
Hellsmith wrote:
Anyone have tips for killing the portals quickly on Red Elder fights? I did the fight no problem but shaper got down to about 35% HP which is lower than I like. I am self casting Blight with Allelopathy gloves. It was hard to keep all the mobs off of shaper during the last two portal phases due to them being so far apart.

Use frostwall (+/- linked with increased duration). Put walls in front of Shaper so he can't be hit by the ennemy.

I was having trouble with this fight as well and was going to level frostwall to try if my final strategy didn't work but it did so...

what I did was plant myself right in front of shaper to block all the incoming projectiles from hitting me instead of him. I evaded most of the hits and it worked fine.
"
jbabel1012 wrote:
"
Freredacier wrote:
"
Hellsmith wrote:
Anyone have tips for killing the portals quickly on Red Elder fights? I did the fight no problem but shaper got down to about 35% HP which is lower than I like. I am self casting Blight with Allelopathy gloves. It was hard to keep all the mobs off of shaper during the last two portal phases due to them being so far apart.

Use frostwall (+/- linked with increased duration). Put walls in front of Shaper so he can't be hit by the ennemy.

I was having trouble with this fight as well and was going to level frostwall to try if my final strategy didn't work but it did so...

what I did was plant myself right in front of shaper to block all the incoming projectiles from hitting me instead of him. I evaded most of the hits and it worked fine.

Another tip for any spell-based build when you get to red elder for the first time, especially if it's a little ways into the league: just buy a 20/20 corrupted main skill gem. When your character is high 70s/low 80s level, you will outpace your gems. You might get to red elder with only level 18 gems. You can buy 20/20 corrupted ED for 2c and use it temporarily to speed your progress tremendously and just throw it away later once you can afford to upgrade to a level 21 gem.
"
jbabel1012 wrote:

Never level something like frostwall. You can buy a level 20/21 frostwall for <5c. Level an in-meta gem and just sell it and use the profit to buy whatever support gem you need
Last edited by matt__ on Jul 5, 2019, 2:27:01 PM
I made a decent helm

"
Freredacier wrote:
I made a decent helm

Very sexy. How much did that base with ED implicit cost you?
I spent 18 ex for the base with the ED enchant !
"
Freredacier wrote:
I spent 18 ex for the base with the ED enchant !

Ahh so expensive. Gonna take me awhile to get that. Nevertheless, great helm :)
Any consensus on what the best Cast When Damage Taken setup is? I recolored my Perfect Form to fit those both in, but not sure which one to run. I have ol trusty Immortal Call right now, but not sure if Steelskin or Molten Shell is better.

Also, recommended level to keep each gem at?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info