Nice reference to Joseph Heller.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Diablo 2 is overrated.

How DARE you!

Naha is not. <Puts fingers in ears closes eyes and shakes head vigorously.> Naha is not.

Oh yea, love and kisses.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
The term "inflammatory" is intentionally broad, politics and religion are the two most common examples of a theme we consider to be inherently inflammatory, but are not the only ones. These two themes in particular are ones that incite a lot of passion, particularly when someone is discussing something someone may disagree with - rightly so, these things are important to us as people. They are also, from our experience, the most common threads to cause Code of Conduct violations, and generate the highest number of complaints from chat.

By the same token, we would not remove every single possibly inflammatory post - there is a huge amount of difference between a well-intentioned post looking for opinions, and a post that's been made for the purpose of creating disharmony or pushing boundaries. The latter would be removed. You have our very human team on the other side of this, discussing and deciding what is most appropriate for our forums, and I trust them to make an informed decision.

If discussion about the change in the Code of Conduct is unable to remain civil in here I'm afraid we will have to close this down, please do bear that in mind.
Contact us at support@grindinggear.com!
"
The term "inflammatory" is intentionally broad, politics and religion are the two most common examples of a theme we consider to be inherently inflammatory, but are not the only ones. These two themes in particular are ones that incite a lot of passion, particularly when someone is discussing something someone may disagree with - rightly so, these things are important to us as people. They are also, from our experience, the most common threads to cause Code of Conduct violations, and generate the highest number of complaints from chat.

By the same token, we would not remove every single possibly inflammatory post - there is a huge amount of difference between a well-intentioned post looking for opinions, and a post that's been made for the purpose of creating disharmony or pushing boundaries. The latter would be removed. You have our very human team on the other side of this, discussing and deciding what is most appropriate for our forums, and I trust them to make an informed decision.

If discussion about the change in the Code of Conduct is unable to remain civil in here I'm afraid we will have to close this down, please do bear that in mind.

In fairness you have left us in "intentionally broad" territory.

We dont really know what you mean. There are some decent examples that are in the last few pages that it remains unclear. Even a message from a GGG support member that attempting to figure out boundries was also, in violation.

I get this is new, but at least help us with what generally is allowed now. Use the examples the thread and tell us what you think, otherwise I have no idea how you expect us to stay within unknown guidelines.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Who will be the first casualty!

It's probably good that discussion of inflammatory topics laid out in the COC is also possibly inflammatory.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Last edited by The_Impeacher on Jun 6, 2019, 9:01:34 PM
"

"Inflammatory" is a big enough umbrella that you can fit literally anything under it. Intentionally vague rules aren't much better for moderators than they are for users. I'm sorry, but, moderators aren't much different than end users. They have their own opinions, their own biases, their own impulses--and they act on them.

I'm still waiting for an explanation as to how...

"Another day, another puddle of brain vomit from this guy."

...is a "personal attack" rather than a mildly-rude but entirely valid comment directed at drivel someone posted. That's the conclusion drawn by one of your team over there, and I sure don't get it.

But anyway, just close Off Topic and be done with it, since that and global chat are the two main sources of "inflammatory" topics.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
aggromagnet wrote:

...is a "personal attack" rather than a mildly-rude but entirely valid comment directed at drivel someone posted. That's the conclusion drawn by one of your team over there, and I sure don't get it.

It's probably the same criteria as allowing comments like this to pass.

"
鬼殺し wrote:

I can't believe how slow some of you have been here. You act so smart, but all I see are smart-arses. 1984. Puh-lease.

NOW I'm out.

That said, moderation has a lot of cool heads over there. And while mistakes are bound to happen. It's tough to say the things will get worse, till we see it in action.

(⌐■_■)
"
RPGlitch wrote:
"
aggromagnet wrote:

"
鬼殺し wrote:

I can't believe how slow some of you have been here. You act so smart, but all I see are smart-arses. 1984. Puh-lease.

NOW I'm out.

That said, moderation has a lot of cool heads over there. And while mistakes are bound to happen. It's tough to say the things will get worse, till we see it in action.

It's not that difficult.

Aggro's post is offensive to a specific person and a violation of the CoC.

Charans post is offensive to an entire group and the moderators because it is actively worded offensively in a way the moderators can't remove it for violation of the CoC.

I think it's fair to say his post would lose absolutely no content without that sentence.
For a writer, that should be telling.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
RPGlitch wrote:
"
aggromagnet wrote:

"
鬼殺し wrote:

NOW I'm out.

It's not that difficult.

Aggro's post is offensive to a specific person and a violation of the CoC.

Charans post is offensive to an entire group and the moderators because it is actively worded offensively in a way the moderators can't remove it for violation of the CoC.

I think it's fair to say his post would lose absolutely no content without that sentence.
For a writer, that should be telling.

Peace,

-Boem-

At least we can agree they are both offensive
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
I think this is just their way of politely saying they've grown bored of the cult and mind control discussions.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info