Great Job on the PS4 Version!

"

Edit: I have a dozen characters, 3 over 80, and refuse to ever touch any form of guide.

I'm sorry but that right there is why you probably have no idea what people are complaining about when it comes to performance issues at end game. Going through the acts and doing some basic mapping is fine most of the time.
Last edited by FalseEdge on Jun 5, 2019, 7:38:25 AM
I do know what they're complaining about though. Performance problems peak once you get to doing T5 30%+. I crash frequently, and the game drops to 10 fps or lower all the time. I'm pretty sure they're working on it though, so I don't find it to be a huge deal. I'm also really used to this though, I play LoL and MTGA on a HP2000 notebook, and half the games I try to run on my PS4 are in an equally bad place.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
Clearly none of you guys understand how games function at all. It's incredible they got this running almost completely properly in the first place

So according to your words, we all think the game is just photos and those photos make a million function by themselves.

Unfortunately I have to say that the only one who is ignorant you are .. when I look at your posts in other topics so I can make the conclusion that the only one who does not know what you are writing.

You really don't want me to write you the use of games here and how they are programmed and how CPU and GPU are used among the features in the game.
Anyway, the difference is to program the game on pc and xbox (you actually think that xbox and pc are the same things), so when the game on pc and it should go on xbox so the game is taken and almost rewritten for console. The game should not be modified for consoles (like PoE), but directly programmed for it so that the game codes can use the hardware to the maximum.
Here's the problem the GGG team did. He took the game and adjusted yes just EDITED for the console and did not remake it! Then we have these problems. This game can't use the CPU or console graphics.

And today I took the time to work and built a computer that is similar to console performance. I came to the end of the second Act and behold, the game runs great for the test, I used Synthetyss portale, where there are very many NPCs who are "counting" as you say and lured them on. it went smoothly without reducing the graphics

So please use your time and talents with the cable company and comment on what you understand. Thank you

You don't build computers, you just put the pre-made parts together. I don't claim I build sandwiches. I also don't work for the cable company, and never have. My entire life has consisted of studying how computers work, and absolutely demolishing anything with frets on it. And the fact you guys keep just throwing insults at me isn't helping your case. All anybody has said is, "This game doesn't run well enough for me, and I don't want to wait for GGG to fix it. Anybody who thinks this can't be fixed instantly is stupid, and I'm a technological prodigy because I know how to plug things in."
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
You don't build computers, you just put the pre-made parts together. I don't claim I build sandwiches. I also don't work for the cable company, and never have. My entire life has consisted of studying how computers work, and absolutely demolishing anything with frets on it. And the fact you guys keep just throwing insults at me isn't helping your case. All anybody has said is, "This game doesn't run well enough for me, and I don't want to wait for GGG to fix it. Anybody who thinks this can't be fixed instantly is stupid, and I'm a technological prodigy because I know how to plug things in."

I'm sorry, I forgot that you enjoy playing with words and you like to adapt them to make you look smart and we stupid.

So yes I compiled the pc work from pre-made components that have the same performance as ps4 and just to be able to further argue and write about something I really tried.

I'm glad to have time for self-education when plugging in the box, but that doesn't mean you know how it works and you're smarter again. You're just bending the vocabulary.

I'm aware that the fix can't be done right now, but realize that we've been on Xbox for 2 years. You at ps4 three month. Yes, if this game was released on the xbox for three month, I would have a similar opinion "I need time to repair" ... will you call it after two years?
Last edited by R4mpaMckvak on Jun 5, 2019, 12:43:29 PM
"
"

Edit: I have a dozen characters, 3 over 80, and refuse to ever touch any form of guide.

I'm sorry but that right there is why you probably have no idea what people are complaining about when it comes to performance issues at end game. Going through the acts and doing some basic mapping is fine most of the time.

Yea true ... hunt xp to lvl 85 is relax.. after.... No coment
I'm not good a bending words, I just enjoy pointing out flaws in them. (Like you aren't trying to do the same.)

Developer Q&A
"What are you doing about performance on console platforms?

Improving performance on all platforms is an ongoing goal of our growing engine team. Within the next few workdays, we'll be deploying a patch that makes a number of memory-related performance improvements to the console platforms. Memory usage and memory-related crash rates are improved on both Xbox One and PS4.

On the Xbox One, we have split out the 4k textures so that they're only downloaded by the Xbox One X version. While this does require a redownload of the entire game, it's smaller now, has faster load times, reduced memory usage and significantly fewer memory-related crashes."

An update from Chris
"Then there's various issues with Path of Exile on the console platforms which feel bad about because we have made promises that we haven't yet fulfilled. After the Xbox launch, all of our console resources went into preparing the PS4 release which meant we didn't spend enough time supporting the feature requests from the Xbox community. Now that the PS4 version has launched, we need to make headway on console features."

Xbox recently got a good improvement, and Chris has said he wants make headway on console features. It's weird he worded it like that, because I'm sure he meant just improve console in general. You should read the stuff from the developers, and pay attention to changes being made to the game.
"
I'm not good a bending words, I just enjoy pointing out flaws in them. (Like you aren't trying to do the same.)

Developer Q&A
"What are you doing about performance on console platforms?

Improving performance on all platforms is an ongoing goal of our growing engine team. Within the next few workdays, we'll be deploying a patch that makes a number of memory-related performance improvements to the console platforms. Memory usage and memory-related crash rates are improved on both Xbox One and PS4.

On the Xbox One, we have split out the 4k textures so that they're only downloaded by the Xbox One X version. While this does require a redownload of the entire game, it's smaller now, has faster load times, reduced memory usage and significantly fewer memory-related crashes."

An update from Chris
"Then there's various issues with Path of Exile on the console platforms which feel bad about because we have made promises that we haven't yet fulfilled. After the Xbox launch, all of our console resources went into preparing the PS4 release which meant we didn't spend enough time supporting the feature requests from the Xbox community. Now that the PS4 version has launched, we need to make headway on console features."

Xbox recently got a good improvement, and Chris has said he wants make headway on console features. It's weird he worded it like that, because I'm sure he meant just improve console in general. You should read the stuff from the developers, and pay attention to changes being made to the game.

Super result after two years and two years after the release of the game on the xbox immediately moved the development to ps4, probably because of this, otherwise I can not explain those two years of doing nothing. You read FaQ, which is enough because you see the word "we are trying". But as I write ... you read this word for 2 months some players read it for two yearsand still nothing

"
We have waited for certain features for well over a year that just don’t seem like they are coming. We have some serious problems with the current game including performance, trading and mechanics suffering from a far lower population than they were balanced for. As a result, our community has diminished almost to the point of no return and we ( The Path of Exile Console Discord) are posting this as a last effort to regain what we have lost.
Last edited by R4mpaMckvak on Jun 5, 2019, 3:16:25 PM
"
I do know what they're complaining about though. Performance problems peak once you get to doing T5 30%+. I crash frequently, and the game drops to 10 fps or lower all the time. I'm pretty sure they're working on it though, so I don't find it to be a huge deal. I'm also really used to this though, I play LoL and MTGA on a HP2000 notebook, and half the games I try to run on my PS4 are in an equally bad place.

So and T5 you hit on day one of a new league, if you know what you are doing and ofc have the time. And then you have to shit around with this for 3 months. Everything before maps is for the most players just a time sink. Work before you can start enjoying the game and the build you are playing. There might be a few people who enjoy this content still, but fort the most its just a waste of time. And everything beyond is crashing and on t5 you dont have that many mods yet. So its only getting worse from there, then you cannot play all skills, because some are causing a lot of fps drops.

If this game would end with killing kitava in act 10, I would agree and say, they did it good, but right now its a game with unplayable or unenjoyable endgame, due to performance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info