Great Job on the PS4 Version!

I think GGG needs some credit as porting over to console is not an easy task.

-trading
..its not perfect but its better than alt tabbing out of the program.
If this was focused on a little more it could be applied to PC.
-item and currency drop rates through my experience have felt rewarding.
-the game play has been rather smooth. Ive taken several characters in HC to 80+ and experienced minor problems with the client itself unless putting my character into poor circumstances.

-bluescreening.
..while this is an issue and it has to be invoked. Anecdotally speaking every time ive blue screened its been on very high monster density in mapping usually opening chests. Ive had 2 perandus chest spawn next to eachother first skill i cast instant blue screen. THIS IS PROOF OF CONSOLE BEING NOTHING MORE THAN INFERIOR TO PC. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GGG.
Never once has my pc crashed while running this game.

Keep up the good work on this ancient inferior technology. PS5 will hopefully be more equipped to run this type of game.
Last bumped on Jun 9, 2019, 7:40:38 PM
Why do people make pists like this trying to discredit people who are having problems? I blue screen at least 6 times a day, usually on loading screens. I blue screened last night while logging in... rofl.

The game is a mess on ps4 and needs to be optimized better to run on ps4.
If the tech is so ancient, why are games still being manufactured.
AAA games with lots more graphics and flashes run perfectly fine.
Dont come here with that crap that it's not their problem.
Let's be real, it IS their problem. They voluntarily released the game in the state it's in on a console that is VERY CAPABLE of pushing much higher quality games. People like you who are willing to just bend over with no lube is why problems never get taken care of
+1 OP. Well put.

No game has ever released on a console nearly as intensive as this one is why. Graphics have nothing to do with the half million processes the systems 1.6 GHz CPU is killing itself trying to do all at once.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
+1 OP. Well put.

No game has ever released on a console nearly as intensive as this one is why. Graphics have nothing to do with the half million processes the systems 1.6 GHz CPU is killing itself trying to do all at once.

[Removed by Support] no new game has released on console to match the complexity of this 6 year old pc game. Oh wait, what's this I hear? AAA game companies spend more time developing games for console to run correctly than this game has even been out?

I've experienced more mobs on my screen and more going on at once on d3 on ps3 (yeah playstation THREE) and never had these kinds of issues. Actually, I cant think of one single game that I've played, that is optimized for console, that runs as badly as this game.

Graphics have nothing to do with processing huh? Lol.. good one. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Al_GGG on Jun 4, 2019, 6:57:50 PM
"
Keep up the good work on this ancient inferior technology. PS5 will hopefully be more equipped to run this type of game.

All right, we'll all be waiting one year before the next generation console comes out and they finally optimize the 6 year old game.
Do you think the players will wait that year? Do you think players have so much patience? Well, if Diablo 4 comes out in a year. So Path of Exile will be able to pack it and the GGG team can be evil on its own to let go of the train

"

Please be quiet !! Or give me the address where you live so I can get you the letters from the keyboard. You are incredible. On the one hand, you proclaim that PoE is going on the first xbox one just because you can take care of the Xbox (we are probably imbeciles). On the other hand, you slap that nonsense, that graphics and processor are useless and no games on xbox plays well.
XboX one / PS4 are old + - 5-6 years old. GPU can be compared to Radeon 7770. It's not the best graphics, but PoE should run without fps drop ..
And one more thing ... xbox has a 1.75 processor and not a 1.6

edit 8:07pm
Sorry, now I noticed that you have the PS4 logo. It confused me how you are doing that you are "smart" and advise us to xbox players. anyway the processor is really 1.6 anyway does not hinder the GPU. Otherwise, I stand behind what I wrote above
Last edited by R4mpaMckvak on Jun 4, 2019, 2:11:12 PM
"
binoculars wrote:
Why do people make pists like this trying to discredit people who are having problems? I blue screen at least 6 times a day, usually on loading screens. I blue screened last night while logging in... rofl.

The game is a mess on ps4 and needs to be optimized better to run on ps4.
If the tech is so ancient, why are games still being manufactured.
AAA games with lots more graphics and flashes run perfectly fine.
Dont come here with that crap that it's not their problem.
Let's be real, it IS their problem. They voluntarily released the game in the state it's in on a console that is VERY CAPABLE of pushing much higher quality games. People like you who are willing to just bend over with no lube is why problems never get taken care of

I don't get it either. Do I love this game? Yes I do. Does it run poorly on consoles? Yes it does and Chris has admitted as much already. We're not talking crap about your favorite game just for the sake of it, we're just trying to get it to improve so we all can have a better experience playing it.
"
MallwayTweep wrote:
I think GGG needs some credit as porting over to console is not an easy task.

-item and currency drop rates through my experience have felt rewarding.

Are you seriously suggesting drop rates on the PS4 are better than on other versions, and that if so, GGG should be commended for that?!? Seriously dude, could you try and suck up any harder?!?

Let's give GGG the credit they do deserve though, PoE is, in my opinion THE BEST aRPG that has ever been made, eclipsing even the great Diablo 2. That they converted it to PS4 is great for people like me who have good friends on the PS4 they want to play with. But really, that's where it ends, this conversion is without a shadow of a doubt, one of the worst conversions I have ever played on any commercially available game. The frame rates are routinely so bad it turns into a literal slide show, at which point you have little or no control over your character. It crashes constantly, meaning if you play this game for hours on end (which true grinders always do) then expect at least 3-4 crashes, often more.

GGG should not feel good about this conversion, for this very simple reason: Performance testing is a discipline that every legit dev company includes in the dev process, and GGG would certainly be no different. PoE on the PS4 was delayed because they said "we want more time to improve performance" -which proves they knew just how badly this game tanks at end game, but they went ahead and pushed it out the door anyway, knowing full well people would buy mtx before hitting end game and discovering just how bad performance and stability really was. This is shady, really really shady, and I'm calling them out on it. I'm only speculating, but I bet that if the actual developers had had any say on this, they would have called to further delay the release, but someone at the executive level made the call to push it out the door "because money".

I'm not giving up on this game, and I do think the devs are true fans of the genre and want to deliver the best product possible, I'm awaiting to see how 3.7 performs on the PS4. Ominously there has been no hint from GGG of performance improvements for the next PS4 release, but frankly, if it does not offer any substantial improvements, I think PS4 players need to look elsewhere for their gaming fix.
Last edited by bendybruce on Jun 4, 2019, 3:04:57 PM
You guys clearly aren't thinking about what the game is doing. Name one other game that's literally performing a dozen different functions just to check your damage. Then doing that dozens of times over for every enemy you hit. Then loading hundreds of models for equipment and their stats littering the ground. Then getting all the enemies models/animations/stats. Because literally no game has ever attempted to do half of what this game is doing.

And R4mp you just stated it's a minimal increase, that the GPU is complete trash, and posted a video showing Xbox is running a lot worse. When this was clearly about Playstation.

Clearly none of you guys understand how games function at all. It's incredible they got this running almost completely properly in the first place.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
I'm honestly shocked how all you guys think games are just a bunch of pictures slapped together.

Edit: Oh shit, just noticed that D3 thing. That's a lie. D3 will never even have 3/4 of a 25% pack size, and even the PS4 version crashes occasionally. You play a fast character and it'll stutter just as much as this game.
Last edited by LV9999Majin on Jun 4, 2019, 4:15:49 PM
You are seriously off the mark giving PoE some sort of "special circumstances" exemption for the bugs and performance issues. If the game demands more than the PS4 can provide, then it should not have been put on that platform, or the calculations should be simplified until reasonable performance has been achieved. Secondly, this game uses an isometric graphics engine, it's not a true 3D graphics pipeline which means that graphically speaking, it is no where near as complex as state of the art 3D engines that many modern games employ.
Last edited by bendybruce on Jun 4, 2019, 5:11:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info