Balance in Path of Exile: Legion

"
Cloud-Zanza wrote:
Well, this seems more to be a Nerf to melee and a detrement than a boon in many aspects. But I can swallow all that, no change will affect my Inquisitor so badly that I'll need to respec. Except potentially for one, the skill tree is being reworked! WTF, I finally get my build to a good place and now alot of Melee nodes are moving around... Not cool. My question to the Veterans who have played between multiple changes before, is "What happens to the characters with points invested in the old tree?" Do they unallocate those points and give respecs? Or do need to waste recources to make up for the dev's want to change things up? Truly this is something diffiult to accept. I know MMO type games change often, but I've heard about alot of Tree changes in the past. Too much change breeds inconsistency and is not the kind of game I care to play. Perhaps I'm overthinking it. :/

as much as I hate it the tree gets changed a lot , the upside if your on standard its much easier to lvl cause you have items already.

and if your playing a new league you can play any class you want with the new info

ive complained before about nerfs to mid lvl stuff but I will reroll something else , ive done about 5 frozen pulse chars and I never pick the right one so sometimes its user error
IGN- Shaeyaena
"
Cloud-Zanza wrote:
My question to the Veterans who have played between multiple changes before, is "What happens to the characters with points invested in the old tree?" Do they unallocate those points and give respecs? Or do need to waste recources to make up for the dev's want to change things up?

you get a full respec. you go into the skill tree after the change and either all points are already reset for free or there will be a button to do a full reset.
A Vanilla POE server?
Does anyone else want one?

Now I have a job and I can not keep up the pace of so much change (even in standard) but now I have money to spend.
Good to know they give full respecs at least. PoB will be my best buddy in getting back up to speed. I started in Synthesis and will not give up my character just because a new league comes along. I shall continue to play him til I am satisfied with where I have him in Standard.
"
Cloud-Zanza wrote:
Good to know they give full respecs at least. PoB will be my best buddy in getting back up to speed. I started in Synthesis and will not give up my character just because a new league comes along. I shall continue to play him til I am satisfied with where I have him in Standard.

If the tree chnages are large, points will be un-spent.
My advice is to record the skills you went for before the reset.

Note that skill trees and programs often only display the current tree, so you're better off manually recording it with a screenshot and then recording which nodes to what.

If you use path of building, have the character open there and save it. When POB is updated, open a NEW copy of path of building and updatre that one. Then open your character in the updated copy. Then you can see how it is with both the old and new trees. Then you can change your tree for the updated POB version and save it so you know what you'll do. This step is mostly needed if you take a node that's removed, which could mean some of your points are unallocated when you look at the old character with the new skill tree.

Hope that makes sense, ask me for clarification if needed :)
"
Wuffell wrote:
"
Cloud-Zanza wrote:

Note that skill trees and programs often only display the current tree, so you're better off manually recording it with a screenshot and then recording which nodes to what.

If you use path of building, have the character open there and save it. When POB is updated, open a NEW copy of path of building and updatre that one. Then open your character in the updated copy. Then you can see how it is with both the old and new trees. Then you can change your tree for the updated POB version and save it so you know what you'll do. This step is mostly needed if you take a node that's removed, which could mean some of your points are unallocated when you look at the old character with the new skill tree.

I get what you're saying. I have a save of my character currenly in PoB ready to go for when the changes hit. Curiosly, they do hit when Legion launches in a fe days right?
"
prooff69 wrote:
Listen a bit… ?? Nerf elemental overload ?? I'll quit for good. and I hope other players will quit massively.

even if the player base spent $20 (absolute min) then 10,000 people (idk what % of playerbase that is) left to play something else or do something else with their time, GGG wouldn't miss those 10k leavers...so overall one person leaving isn't effective at all, nor is 10,000 (i'll say an uneducated guesstimate) 10% of the overall playerbase. so get 10k disgruntled gamers if you can, and it still wont do much to dent their revenue stream.

YOU literally do not matter. oh and bye.
Meaty Treats
Morning Sausage
Escaped Lunatic
"
Cloud-Zanza wrote:
I get what you're saying. I have a save of my character currenly in PoB ready to go for when the changes hit. Curiosly, they do hit when Legion launches in a fe days right?

if the skill tree changes, then pob will break too. for example, if nodes are moved around and your tree gets split, it won't know what to do.
"
Cloud-Zanza wrote:
"
Wuffell wrote:
"
Cloud-Zanza wrote:

Changes hit when legion launches, yes.

This league, there were changes to the right of shadow area, with lethal assault, resourcefulness etc. Many saved POB characters break then, because they pathed using different nodes than the ones that now exist. Having an old copy open at the same time as an updated copy helps heaps. If you really really want to keep your data though, use that, plus an online tool that supports skill trees from different versions of the game.
"
dachoppa wrote:
"
Cloud-Zanza wrote:

if the skill tree changes, then pob will break too. for example, if nodes are moved around and your tree gets split, it won't know what to do.

Ok, I've taken a screenshot for good measure. I do hope little changes in the way of my build. Tbh there are only a few Spheres that would be considered inherently Melee. But we shall see.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info