So what do you guys think of dems leading candidates wanting to excuse student loan debt?

"
pneuma wrote:

It's not malice. It's a belief that more college is more better in all cases, so college attendance should be 100% of the population.

The reality is that not everybody is meant for college, not every job needs or wants college education, and the costs incurred in paying for the entire edifice for every youth in America is extraordinarily high (and only rises when the producers of the college service realize they're given a blank check by the public).

---

More thoughts...

There is a space in this world between academia and complete ignorance, too, and it's not a small amount of jobs nor easily replaceable/automatable jobs. Most business owners, most blue-collar workers, and most creative people don't require a college education but are far from stupid.

In a similar vein, most people with hiring power are extraordinarily lazy and require a bachelor's as a signal of intelligence in lieu of something like a performative test. Besides being of questionable use, if you just let everyone into college, it stops being an effective signal of intelligence anyway.

I've made it a point to not inspect the credentials of anyone I hire unless it's absolutely relevant, and it almost never is. It takes more time to interview this way, but I want to live by the same standards I hold. People will surprise you if you give them the chance.

dang yo didn't know andrew yang had an account here

;)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
pneuma wrote:
Spoiler
Student loan debt forgiveness is an exceedingly immoral idea, even by modern Democrat standards.

The people that took out the loans are primarily middle/upper class kids. The people paying the taxes is everybody. The end result is an increase in taxes for blue-collar/high-school workers to pay for the ivory tower dreams of a bunch of whiny, lazy rich kids.
If anyone thinks this is a great idea, congrats, you're just classist scum that hates poor people.
Not necessarily; they could merely be not intelligent enough to figure it out. Never forget Hanlon's Razor, friend.

But the end result, deliberately or not, would be the unearned enrichment of lazy rich young "adults" at the expense of the poor.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 3, 2019, 12:06:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info