So what do you guys think of dems leading candidates wanting to excuse student loan debt?

This is problem with free shit in general - like 2 Tillion to bankers - 5 trillion on wars that are like squeezing mercury - everyone wants a piece of daddy gov now. Even young pls with full life ahead.

I'm kinda of privilege and coulda gone to any UC school totally free since my mom is a professor at UC Irvine (called grant in aid). But I never did because it was a huge opportunity cost. Let alone taking a loan. Fuck them think better
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 29, 2019, 1:20:11 AM
Last bumped on May 3, 2019, 12:03:24 AM
I don't see how it is fiscally possible. All you have to do is the math.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I don't see how it is fiscally possible. All you have to do is the math.

It possible. Every dem scheme is possible. Whether it's desirable for continuance of a solvent nation with people that actually love getting out of bed to work is another matter

We already have to import people to do real work.

Lets see... free school in artistic discovery or whatever, free gov job you cant be fired from, and pension at 50. Yeah sign me up.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 29, 2019, 2:05:47 AM
If you mean repayment of the loans by someone other than the borrowers, I'm down if it's the universities and professors who pay for it. Considering the quality of product received, people who have gone to American colleges recently deserve a refund.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
It would reward financial irresponsibility while those who worked hard and saved every penny to afford college would get shafted. Sounds like classic Democrat policy to me.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Apr 29, 2019, 7:18:27 AM
1) seems like a good bait and switch tactic to get easy votes from dependant people.

2) seems like a good side-step so you don't have to deal with the real issue, the educational system as a whole moving forward in the 21th century.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
If you mean repayment of the loans by someone other than the borrowers, I'm down if it's the universities and professors who pay for it. Considering the quality of product received, people who have gone to American colleges recently deserve a refund.

You would be surprised, if you think we're bad, you should check out higher education in other countries. Though you are partially right, we receive no training in teaching, and frankly having gone through some interviews for professor positions, I was never asked about teaching once. Most research universities actually take a loss on undergraduate tuition.
Last edited by j33bus on Apr 29, 2019, 12:07:47 PM
Boem is right. It ain't nothing but another bait and switch from the same folks that brought you Obamacare.
Censored.
Their plan doesn't go far enough. Erase all debts, everywhere. Let's get rid of money too. Everyone will just show up and work hard and anyone can have whatever they need - so long as it is carbon neutral
Spoiler
[and the people needing things aren't guilty of wrong think.]

What could go wrong?

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on May 2, 2019, 7:55:54 AM
to all the people who paid their student loan debt, do they get their money back? or do they just vote someone else

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info