[PS4] Frame drops

When you attack huge monster pack, or playing with someone else in party, and have a 'lots of skills' and effects on screen, fps drops nearly to 0. It's impossible to move, do anything for couple of seconds. Example, was in party with friend, both use Rain of Arrows, and it was like playing on wooden pc. Never had those issues on xbox. Hope so you can fix that somehow, thanks in advance!
Last bumped on May 23, 2019, 12:49:55 PM
Yeah the fps drops are insane

I played a lot of PoE on PC on a really old laptop, and even there I don't get the insane fps drops I get on PS4.

I'm not even in endgame yet but every other zone I enter now has 1-10 fps

If optimizing is too hard for GGG then just give us an option to downscale, please.

I started this league on HC but really there's no reason to continue because I know I'll die to lag 100%
Summoner becomes unplayable around act8. I feel like Im watching a PowerPoint slideshow and moving is impossible as theres a huge delay and the screen is almost frozen at times. Feels bad I already spent € on some mtx and its unplayable.

Im playing on vanilla Ps4. Dont know if Pro performance is better.
The pro actually makes a huge difference. I played on a original xbox a year ago and it was unplayable. I bought a PS4 pro and so far it handles very high density with many spell effects pretty well.
"
Kalavaras wrote:
Summoner becomes unplayable around act8. I feel like Im watching a PowerPoint slideshow and moving is impossible as theres a huge delay and the screen is almost frozen at times. Feels bad I already spent € on some mtx and its unplayable.

Im playing on vanilla Ps4. Dont know if Pro performance is better.

I heard the ps4 pro runs it much better, shouldn't be hard to make it run just as smooth on the og though(?), if it is then just give us some options to downscale, turn shadows off, turn effects down, etc
I am playing "penta sayan build" (5 divine ire totems, its kinda fun) and my FPS drops are huge since later acts in memory fragments. Now in maps it's even worse... I died few times because of the drops. It would be really nice to have a choice to downgradde graphic. I have like 100 years PC (I cannot play normaly since a10 release) and PS4 was my "salvation". I was used to lowest grpahics and no shadows etc. It would be nice to have "PS4" and "PS4 Pro" option for graphic quality.
Last edited by Rokys on Apr 2, 2019, 12:56:41 PM
"
ChiefStyn wrote:
The pro actually makes a huge difference. I played on a original xbox a year ago and it was unplayable. I bought a PS4 pro and so far it handles very high density with many spell effects pretty well.

Actually, my brother play on ps4 pro, has the same problem. He's playing herald of agony build, and with rain of arrow on a burning ground, is like 1 fps...Its just insane. I played at xbox one s, never had anything similar there, worked perfectly.

Also, another thing. After those last patches and core file changed on xbox, then aswell on ps4, increased loading time drastically. Have just poe on ssd, and loading time to map is around 30s, and used to be up to 10s max. That need some changes
im working on trying to get lower in delve im at depth 165 and the mobs make the frame rate drop to 0 and i end up dead when the frame rate goes bk to normal can u plz fix this or reduce the mob size and give them extra health or something btw im winters orb if that has anything to do with it but looking at pc players running the same set up they dont have any issue so plz show ps4 some love and fix this
Xbox one/ps4 support probably will drop with 4.0 release, due to potato hardware
I started on my original model PS4, did fine in synthesis up to shaper, only ever had minor issues with beyond bosses, breaches with many bosses popping or harbringers.

You can imagine what happened with flashback given the prevalence of all of them and ability to see multiple of them simultaneously.. was bad

I finally upgraded to a pro last weekend, now I just see minor frame drops (no more sub 1fps) when I have multiple of the problematic things on screen at the same time, but I can still more or run away if I don't want to risk a lag death which I couldnt without the pro.

Sadly I dont see how they can make the game require a pro and no be available on orig/slim models, so its really just a upgrade you need to make for PoE. That said, next league should return to a state were we are not flooded with things the PS4 struggles with so the non-pro models should go back to doing just fine for 99% of content.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info