Chat is unnecessary for PS4

"
Gobi wrote:
"
SaphironX wrote:
It blows my mind that some people think trade is better over chat. The insults, the scammers who swap out their gear to try and screw other players... no thanks.

~snip

trade as a whole is better not just item and currency trade. id like to get chat for lab trials alone at beginning of leagues. having to wait a week or more for uber lab kills me everytime

And people who don’t have premium tabs to post their items have a way to sell stuff.
What I gather from OP is he has a very "I don't need it or use it and neither do none of you" attitude about it.

There obviously should be an option to turn it off for people like yourself, but myself I would want to utilize it for trade and like others said portal sharing. Not to mention our trade market and the way it's set up sucks and not every player is in communities or has their stuff in open tabs. If I'm looking for something specific I'd like to have the chat option, would ease the trading experience a lot overall.
I don’t want chat. I play with friends, that’s all, if chat is added let me turn it off... that’s all I ask.

Pretty useless anyway, unless you want to hear people get insulted, or have pc style trading where people scam each other 24/7.
Everyone who wants a chat doesn't realize the consequences. Take a look in the PS4 communities. Harassment, fake accusations of scamming, trolling. Sociopaths with multiple accounts harassing. It's s cesspool.

I know what you're thinking: I'm a nice and honest guy that treats everyone right that won't affect me!

Well.. all it takes is rejecting someone's lowball offer and they call you a greedy jew. Had 1 kid get so upset he harassed me and call me a scammer. Then a known troll saw that post and now that troll keeps harassing me and a few other people.

We can't have nice things because most of the people just suck.

Like guy above me said. Endgame everyone using a mic or groupchat on ps4 itself.

[Removed by Support]
"
Auradinho wrote:
Everyone who wants a chat doesn't realize the consequences. Take a look in the PS4 communities. Harassment, fake accusations of scamming, trolling. Sociopaths with multiple accounts harassing. It's s cesspool.

I know what you're thinking: I'm a nice and honest guy that treats everyone right that won't affect me!

Well.. all it takes is rejecting someone's lowball offer and they call you a greedy jew. Had 1 kid get so upset he harassed me and call me a scammer. Then a known troll saw that post and now that troll keeps harassing me and a few other people.

Like guy above me said. Endgame everyone using a mic or groupchat on ps4 itself.

Why do people act like turning it off or blocking some annoying squeaker is such a hard thing, like world chat is some kind of addiction? "No please dont put in world chat, I cant turn it off and not look at it, its impossible!!!!"

If you let trolls affect your life in some random game world chat instead of blocking and moving on with your life, the issue goes a little deeper than world chat bud.
Last edited by Yougotsonnend on Mar 7, 2020, 1:21:56 PM
"
Yougotsonnend wrote:
"
Auradinho wrote:

Why do people act like turning it off or blocking some annoying squeaker is such a hard thing

Because blocking option doesn't exist, I guess?

And it's a shame it doesn't exist, 'cause it would fix a lot of problems.
"
Asra101010 wrote:
"
Yougotsonnend wrote:
"
Auradinho wrote:

Why do people act like turning it off or blocking some annoying squeaker is such a hard thing

Because blocking option doesn't exist, I guess?

And it's a shame it doesn't exist, 'cause it would fix a lot of problems.

Hard to have an ignore list without a world chat! There is also an ignore list on poe pc world chat so I don't really know what you'really talking about there. Not to mention you can block players from messaging you on PSN if they keep DM'ing you.

"
Yougotsonnend wrote:
"
Auradinho wrote:

Why do people act like turning it off or blocking some annoying squeaker is such a hard thing, like world chat is some kind of addiction? "No please dont put in world chat, I cant turn it off and not look at it, its impossible!!!!"

If you let trolls affect your life in some random game world chat instead of blocking and moving on with your life, the issue goes a little deeper than world chat bud.

It doesn't affect my mood irl. But it affects my reputation ingame and outside (forum, reddit etc)
[Removed by Support]
"
Auradinho wrote:
"
Yougotsonnend wrote:
"
Auradinho wrote:

It doesn't affect my mood irl. But it affects my reputation ingame and outside (forum, reddit etc)

Lol reputation in a game without chat and guilds where everyone is anonymous and there’s zero grouping
"
Auradinho wrote:
"
Yougotsonnend wrote:
"
Auradinho wrote:

Well that sure is a terrible argument and selfish reason to deprive players of world chat! "Trolls might get me and ruin my reputation". If you aren't doing anything shady it won't affect your "reputation" in the least.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info