Balance in Path of Exile: Synthesis

"
trixxar wrote:

Slayer, which has far lower representation than witch, hit with a major nerf that oddly applies to large one hit attacks but not the most used spells like MS because MS has tons of relatively small hits which won't be punished as much.

yes and this is the intention. leech is not intended to replace life-regeneration and therefore should only work over a short duration. Unlike slayer-overleech which would work over the course of minutes, would regenerate life faster than life-regeneration and with far smaller investment.
Yes, lets give Slayers that final nail in the coffin because they are clearly overplayed.

Your balancing makes no sense from one patch to another.

FFS... go home GGG you are on drugs.

Rest in peace op leech. 2019.
"
"
like lowering the cooldown on Convocation - the true buff.

Player Maximum Resistances now can never go above 90% - R.i.p CI

i think CI is exempt fron the nerf
"
Scarface335 wrote:
"
Player Maximum Resistances now can never go above 90%. Any maximum resistance you have above this value will have no effect. This is especially important as Synthesis introduces other sources of Maximum Resistances.

Is this true for Chaos also, then CI is dead ??

CI is immunity. 100% rez doesn't make you immune, ask Shaper penetrating poor exile with blue balls.
first: thanks for the hard work and the manifesto!

second:
what I miss in the manifesto is anything that actually buffs self-casting.
- reducing base crit chance to 0 is a huge nerf to any elemental self-cast build that used EO. its a nerf.
- the new support skills have to be pretty massive to compete against a skill casted by 4 totems (or more).
- es leech doesn't buff self-casting.

third:
- please make sure the new "special" modifiers are clear on the gems: add it to the item description of temp chains and enfeeble how they work against rares or bosses. I can't remember that stuff
- same for the hard cap on resists. how will i know if I reach an "invisible" gap?
Last edited by PopeJo on Mar 5, 2019, 2:36:04 AM
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
"
Seems all your adjustments are around damage. Doubt it how it's gonna turn out. Because the thing makes spell casters suck is not the damage. It's the play style. Standing still and casting is very problematic against some encounters.

Yeah, that's what bothers me about what I read. They see that "delivery systems" like totems and traps and failing to consider its not just the damage but the necessity of staying out of harm's way with the current limited damage mitigation available.

I didn't plan on running this league until I saw the league rewards. But after reading the dev manifesto I just feel like changes are made to dictate the streamers choices without enough consideration to the longer lasting effects.

Both the new spell support gems, fixes this problem

spell focus gives you good AOE and then a more multiplier when you can get damage in.

So you move around and attack as you an with large aoe, then when you get a moment such as shapers beam or such you lay the hammer down with lots of fast casting, and you do lots of damage repeat.

Unleash from what we know so far lets you build charges up on a spell then quickly or mainly bypass the cast time of the spell as long as you have a charge.

Once again you run around building charges up while you evade, then unleash a quick nuke, style.

So the whole way spells are played is big, also everything we have seen passive tree has lots and lots and lots of spell cast speed.

Going to be quit the fun time really, when everyone gets over the 1 build in slayer they nerfed.

Nothing said about bows... neither about the bottom right side of the passive tree, nor about the ranger... Maybe playing Ice shot deadeye as i initially thought isn't that bad...

I'd like to send a message to every bow player... don't make noise, play in the shadows, don't even write guides, stream or tube any video... or we may be part of the next tidal wave of nerfing apocalypse !
I knew it! Winter orb nerf cmin! xD BTW Hype for damage curses boost! Gonna play bane so here i come!
"
"
like lowering the cooldown on Convocation - the true buff.

Player Maximum Resistances now can never go above 90% - R.i.p CI

max resistance, it still shows 100% chaos resist, and -60 next to it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info