Balance in Path of Exile: Synthesis

"We've made a few changes to prevent total immunity to specific damage types, as these could be used to completely trivialize some encounters"

sorry but with all the constant power creep every fucking league and 0 difficulty improvements your game has been trivial for the past 3 leagues lets be real, u can insta phase shaper damn near insta phase uber elder (probably can now with certain builds)

gone are the days that path was a game for hardcore arpg gamers
all that remains is cool looking skills indpeth theory crafting and then just mindlessly holding down 1 mouse button to completely destroy all content

how about instead of just adding new skills and reworks and more power creep on the tree

you focus on making your game actual hard?

or are you to scared to lose that sweet sweet casual shitter $$$ on your mtx's?
in all honesty i hope games like Wolcen and the upcomming warhammer arpg ruin this game
"
Raxed wrote:
I’m absolutely gobsmacked by the decision to nerf an Ascendancy that 1% of the playerbase use, whilst giving Occultist everything it could ever want.

Nerfing Scion-Slayer, that would be justified, but actual Slayer? I just... why?

Indeed. Well stated.
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

YOLO!
Melee nerfed again. Casters, traps, and archers super buffed.
Honestly, I don't think the majority of the community plays Occultist and or even show any interest in playing Occultist. That's just my opinion.
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

YOLO!
"
Kaelrath wrote:
"We've made a few changes to prevent total immunity to specific damage types, as these could be used to completely trivialize some encounters"

sorry but with all the constant power creep every fucking league and 0 difficulty improvements your game has been trivial for the past 3 leagues lets be real, u can insta phase shaper damn near insta phase uber elder (probably can now with certain builds)

gone are the days that path was a game for hardcore arpg gamers
all that remains is cool looking skills indpeth theory crafting and then just mindlessly holding down 1 mouse button to completely destroy all content

how about instead of just adding new skills and reworks and more power creep on the tree

you focus on making your game actual hard?

or are you to scared to lose that sweet sweet casual shitter $$$ on your mtx's?

The end-game has already been shifted anyway..

Shaper/ Uber Elder/ T16 can no longer be considered "end-game"

Real end game is like this
https://youtu.be/B1Sj8jo2YGE
(PS: This build can easily do Uber Elder Deathless)

This is why they make t16 syndicates one-shot so much with the right mods..

People saying the contents are too easy prob never get pass Delve 600.
It's like a different game pass Delve 600.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Mar 4, 2019, 9:58:15 PM
Lubbing people up for the patch notes is not a design manifesto...

I really feel like the last 2 years with the exception of Chris's Trade manifesto that these Design manifesto's have been mostly PR and pre lube for nerfs.

"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"Sanctify no longer creates consecrated ground when hit or on kill, and instead will always create consecrated ground around you while you're stationary."

No please don't delete this line :(
Not going to wait for stationary when mapping for proc it. FeelsBadMan
"
BurakYOwl wrote:
Not bad, Arc is Death :(

Self cast Arc?
My totem throws shiny potatoes.
Looks like CI and lowlife builds are going to make a comeback. Shavvs might be worth a lot unless the new synthesized chest pieces are even more insane. Can't wait to see what this meta will be like!
www.twitch.tv/cheenis

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info