Balance in Path of Exile: Synthesis

Epic.
"
Instead, it now appears as mod on Shaper shields.

And Shaper quivers, RIGHT?
Perception is reality.
Love the patch notes except the Storm Brand nerf. By far the most unnecessary nerf of all. If you dont want people using it to race then just make it a skill you cant get until 28...
The guys concerning about Ci and max resistances, the notable says immunne to chaos damage not you have 100% chaos resistance Iam pretty sure its not getting nerfed, even if it is It would probably give you chaos damage does not bypass energy shield as effect maybe paired with some flat %chaos resistance.
"
Nibelton wrote:
"
alhazred70 wrote:
back and forth

So Alhazred is correct - I would copy paste his response while adding the following that I had in mind when I made my post, but didn't expect anyone but GGG would care about it.

It's because you combo Ele Overload with Controlled Destruction Support. Everything else he said then follows as written. Let's say 10% Crit chance is what you want total to feel comfortable having 100% uptime on Ele Overload.

As it is now, you take a standard 5% crit spell, support it with the gem, take ele overload, and you need +200% crit chance from the tree and gear to get to 10% crit. After this change you will need 300%. At which point, you might as well just be fucking crit.

The whole point of adding the node to the tree in the first place, as well as CD support, was b/c critless hand casting was weak compared to crits across all spells.

As far as I know, this hasn't changed a bit. Yet, this nerf is incoming. So either I'm missing something, or this nerf is targeted at something I don't see, and the interaction outlined above is just incidentally caught in the crosshairs of their nerf bat.

I was planning on playing Heirophant Storm Brand (even though no one I could find on YT was recommending this - which is another thing I was going to post about - by putting brand stuff on Hiero, they basically made a noob trap ascendancy). Between them nerfing Storm Brand, and nerfing this node/support combo, I can't imagine doing that now.

It's an absolute damn shame.
"
GGG clearly does not know what "balance" means. In Betrayal, we almost had 30 times more Occultist players than Slayers - yes, 30. Now Slayer is getting a nerf and Occultist is buffed in every way possible. Meanwhile, it looks like Berserker (0.1% in Betrayal) is not getting any change and other really popular ascenancies like Elementalist and Jugg don't seem to get a nerf either. For the first time, I will say - GGG, you should feel ashamed for doing the worst balancing out of all games I have ever played.
way to hype self cast and then nerf blade vortex. RIP
TeenageEsthetician
ElectriCooter

Playing PoE since July 2012.
R.I.P my Obliteration RF Slayer.
2017-2019

He had a good run, was fun fun while it lasted.
SOme cool stuff but some nerf that hurt , hope i'll still enjoy the game^^'
Some cool new skill that will be nerfed next league, same story
Where is our life based char buff ?
Last edited by Elf_97 on Mar 4, 2019, 8:41:50 PM
Woot
IGN @VOC

See all my reddit posts (even the shadowbanned ones)

https://www.reddit.com/user/minescsm/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info