[3.6] Winter Orb CWC Ice Spears. 8.6k hp ,slayer leech, 9.8-10.7 mil dps ,Depth 749, easy Uber Elder

"
"
xmishimax wrote:
This build looks great! Would love to use this, but since I am a new player, I am not sure how to go about leveling this character.

It would be awesome if someone can give a basic outline or hint on what gems and items I should start out with? It doesn't have to be detailed but just to get me started in the beginning levels would be great.

Thanks in advance!

It isn't much but I have added a rather short leveling at the start of the guide (right after build overview).

I hope it helps!

I just read your short leveling guide. It is exactly what I need to get me started on the right path.

Thank you so much for this! Now I can start leveling! yay!

Looking forward to your updates on this guide!
Leauge starter version please?
Any good leveling weapon unique recommended?
I was already using a 4L winter orb but switching to CWC really makes a difference.

Do the spears auto target ? Sometimes they seem like they do.

Also with all the standing around that channeling skills need I think Inquisitor should be pretty good with the new consecrated ground.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Mar 9, 2019, 7:51:26 AM
Thanks for the build, looking forward to trying out Winter Orb mechanic.

For questions on league start:

Until later game with more crit and better jewels, I'd recommend Freezing Pulse + 1-2 First Snow (unique jewel for Freezing Pulse). Plays pretty much the same, but crit chance is going to be low early game to use crit multi from Ice Spear and unlikely to have better jewels that early on whereas you get a free First Snow in A5. Will reach Winter Orb soon and should be able to swap over into CWC instead of self-cast FP soon, but should work just as well until later game when Ice Spears will be stronger.

For passives, I rushed Holy Dominion and Light of Divinity and now working back around for Doom Cast followed by Blood Siphon. Once you get close to Elementalist ascend, then start getting those spell dmg nodes to set-up for removing Scion starting points for elsewhere.

Stack as much spell/cold dmg and cast speed with HP/resists and go to town until mapping when you can start finessing your crit and other modifiers.

*Edit* Scratch the Freezing Pulse, not quite as effective once you get CWC going. Using the extra Pierce jewel from quests to help Ice Spears get 2nd form when close to mobs.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Mar 9, 2019, 3:20:16 PM
How does the leach work? I dont find how this build leachs at all^^
Is there a way to check what armor and weapon gems you used in the budget PoB build?
Can you post new skill tree, please? Those links seems do not work properly...
Its for old patch I suppose.

New tree pls?
Quick question. I just finished the starting portion of the skill tree but im not sure how to get to the top of the tree without spending point. Am i missing something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info