[3.6] Winter Orb CWC Ice Spears. 8.6k hp ,slayer leech, 9.8-10.7 mil dps ,Depth 749, easy Uber Elder

"
blackdeath101 wrote:
Your skill tree looks fine. 1 8% HP, 3 2-pt jewels will take you to 84. 87/90 for either 2 more jewels or more HP. Then switch a bunch of points to staff when you get a decent CWC staff. Snowforged would only be good if we needed more crit and/or ran Cold to Fire.

Your gear could use some tweaking. I thought Divinarius was a good dagger for this build, but 2nd form of Ice Spear gets so much crit that it isn't that good. And your right dagger is only bringing a little bit of crit and cold to spells. Switching to 2 cheap wands with 100+ spell dmg each will be a pretty big damage increase for a few chaos at most. And no freeze removal flask.

thanks for the advice! i'll look for some wands and was planning on rolling 'of heat' on a flask today. still leveling and got lots on my to-do list (jewels/belt/rings/helm). where's the 8% life node?

i was thinking about having some gems to swap out for map clearing. maybe inc crit / infused channeling > cwc / ice spear?
"
Hadaal wrote:
Do you buy chance have a low build that i can start with to build up to this expensive build?

2 high spell dmg wands, Tabula or 5/6L armor, cold leech accessory, and HP/resists on everything else with extra spell dmg where you can afford. 10c budget, 20c with Tabula. Then just slowly upgrade slots as you can afford them.

Passive tree is just start from Scion, work your way around to the Templar node and then across to Witch. Have the Witch starting nodes done by 3rd lab and opt for more dmg when you need it and more HP when you need it.

"
qaizr wrote:
i was thinking about having some gems to swap out for map clearing. maybe inc crit / infused channeling > cwc / ice spear?

Blood Drinker to the far right.
Up to you on changing playstyles. If you want to go more focus on Winter Orb, you'll need to change more than 2 skill gems. This is my first Winter Orb char, but a 4 second uptime seems terrible. I tried with just a Inc Duration and something else instead of CWC and Ice Spear and it was bad. Winter Orb only builds take a lot of area of effect, duration, and some other stuff. Seen some of them run Cold to Fire, but I don't know, overall playstyle seemed boring to me so I didn't think to try it until I saw this build use it with a CWC.
i'm wondering is the additional ice spear projectile enchant that impactful? for single targets we want to hit them with the second form for max dps and the projectiles will be more spread out. so we only hit single targets with 2-3 projectiles with or without the enchant, right? you'll never hit a single target with all of the projectiles but maybe an additional projectile still increases single target dps?
"
qaizr wrote:
i'm wondering is the additional ice spear projectile enchant that impactful? for single targets we want to hit them with the second form for max dps and the projectiles will be more spread out. so we only hit single targets with 2-3 projectiles with or without the enchant, right? you'll never hit a single target with all of the projectiles but maybe an additional projectile still increases single target dps?

If you hold your mouse cursor towards the edge of the screen the projectiles converge more and you can land them all on a single target if its not too close/large.
Is it worth continue to craft on this staff? I blew over 2.5k alterations and its the best i got. Otherwise i might play a different build before -.-

"
Joshuha wrote:
If you hold your mouse cursor towards the edge of the screen the projectiles converge more and you can land them all on a single target if its not too close/large.

thanks, i forgot about that mechanic. it seems kinda cumbersome for hectic boss fights when it's a bit of a struggle to channel long enough for ice spear to start casting while dodging. are guys able to face tank bosses?
"
sirHugo wrote:
Is it worth continue to craft on this staff? I blew over 2.5k alterations and its the best i got. Otherwise i might play a different build before -.-

someone suggested yesterday that it might be better to just go for the cwc mod if your currency is limited since it's very difficult to get both cwc and double damage. it's still gonna do a ton of damage with the multimods.

it might be worth multimodding with those mods since it's pretty good. i would craft it in pob with all the mods to see what dps you'll get.

edit: do you need an ilvl 80 staff for the +2 support gems mod?
Last edited by qaizr on Mar 26, 2019, 2:05:49 PM
I build it in POB and the dmg loss is not that high (+2 to cold is basicly a empower lvl 3 compared to the lvl 4 and instead i socket cwc)
I just dont know if i can add all the mods that are on the staff because i dont know enough about crafting.

edit: well dmg loss is higher than i thought because i edeited it wrong as i loose a lvl 6 empower compared to the +2 from the staff. The overall dmg is quite high nontheless.
Last edited by sirHugo on Mar 26, 2019, 2:07:23 PM
"
qaizr wrote:
i'm wondering is the additional ice spear projectile enchant that impactful??

The second form has a sweet spot where they turn into 2nd form and then branch out. The extra projectile equates to another 15-20% more damage as compared to a Minion helm that is only 20% damage. Once you have the rare helm and then tack on the minus cold res, it adds a crap ton of damage. I got it a few days with a 50c low ilvl enchanted helm and got the minus cold res for ~5c, and it significantly improved my damage.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
qaizr wrote:
i'm wondering is the additional ice spear projectile enchant that impactful??

The second form has a sweet spot where they turn into 2nd form and then branch out. The extra projectile equates to another 15-20% more damage as compared to a Minion helm that is only 20% damage. Once you have the rare helm and then tack on the minus cold res, it adds a crap ton of damage. I got it a few days with a 50c low ilvl enchanted helm and got the minus cold res for ~5c, and it significantly improved my damage.

i was looking for one with no int requirement to avoid the mana mods and the cheapest is 2ex. i'll start looking for an int helm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info