Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

In Betrayal I can skip Syndicate: Research instance would spawn until I complete it.

How can I skip Syndicate now?
I wont bother giving feedback as you've already been given 36 pages of it within 12 hours providing you with invaluable information to help you in developing poe, but i am going to enjoy observing what you do with it in the coming weeks. Good luck.
p.s. wow that feedback took a while to read lol.

"
What's wrong with Bestiary? I like the current implementation of it.

The implementation is okay so far - but the usability is crap. Since you only get one, random red beast per encounter, and you need one (more or less specific) of them for each recipe: the chance for 'target-farming' a desired recipe is abysmal...
And with the multiple encounters from scarab, it seems you may also run out of yellow beasts...
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
I guess it'll just be another 'core' mechanic I effectively ignore. Oh well.

It seems that even if you try to ignore them, it will try to not ignore you... ;)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
I really don't like the decisions regarding betrayal going core, it's simply lazy work. Especially the nerf to Sulphite Scarabs. Delve is an amazing mechanic, a true and rewarding alternative to maps and now it is even more locked behind the stupid sulphite wall... I don't get it. Please, reconsider your manifesto and let us play the game, in a way we appreciate it.

TBH, I wouldn't mind betrayal becoming a zana mod and NOT going core. For compensation, you can make Niko a more regular visitor in our maps. :-)

"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
I guess it'll just be another 'core' mechanic I effectively ignore. Oh well.

It seems that even if you try to ignore them, it will try to not ignore you... ;)

I suppose you could always restart the area (outside of maps, of course) when it includes an undesirable encounter.

On the other hand, I think it might be a good idea to place the core mechanics from previous leagues into settings so that we could pick and choose those we enjoy.
The pure breachstones change is disappointing but understandable and expected tho it is also unnecessary.

However, the scarab changes, especially the sulphite one, are borderline idiotic. No, not borderline, absolutely idiotic. I'm starting to get worried about your communications skills, GGG. Have you been listening to the community at all? Please point me to the thread where someone says "Hey, we need less sulphite and less Niko missions". It's not enough that Niko mechanic is stupid AF since he's the only master who can give 1 mission objective. Now let's break the only available fix to this stupidity and nerf it to the ground. Because it's sooo easy and totally not time consuming to setup the Synidcate properly just to get two shitty scarabs which will most likely spit you in the face with another 1 sulphite node Niko.

Whoever is responsible for these "balance" changes needs to learn to f-ing listen and understand the overwhelming majority of the community. For 3 months people are literally begging for a positive change to Niko since his mission mechanic is so broken compared to the other masters and his content is much more difficult to access. And you do this nonsense. The change to the scarabs is absolutely idiotic.
Last edited by Drakaris on Feb 22, 2019, 5:47:01 AM
guys , u got it all wrong , u need to remove syndicates all together , revamp it all , then increase sulfate so we can enjoy the delve more ,

and yes dnt ever ruin the pure breaches xp yield if ur going to keep the already broken as sh.... syndicates
"
Qarl wrote:

Cartography Scarabs, Divination Scarabs and Sulphite Scarabs have all been reduced in power. Cartography and Divination Scarabs are around 50% less effective, while Sulphite Scarabs are 60-70% less effective depending on tier.

Some high-value modifiers, like Additional Totems and Non-Chaos Added as Chaos are becoming Elder or Shaper mods. (Edit: Clarification - the removed ranks of veiled mods are the initial lower powered ranks, to account for the later introduction of Jun.)

Some good changes, some bad. Those listed above piss me the most.

Cartography, Divination and Sulphite scarab nerfs are bad. Cartography was barely worth the price at its current bonus, if you did not found T16 map or 2, it was not worth the price on the market.

Divination scarab was always too costly to use by anyone else than someone fully stacking sextants, monstrous treasure and/or additional lock-boxes.

Sulphite scarab was super expensive and while it allowed a lot more frequent delving, the fact you could get random number of sulphite node was crippling for solo players. These scarabs are still going to be best way to increase frequency of delving but now will provide reduced amount of sulphite. Their price can easily remain the same as in Betrayal with giving less benefit. To top it all, you still can get just one node, which will royally screw anyone doing this solo.

Neft to Sulphite scarab bonuses must be accompanied by fixing amount of nodes generated by the scarab to 3. Anything else will just screw us.

Moving high powered enchants, such as +1 summoned totems, to Elder or Shaper items is shit. Just more RNG.
I enjoyed Betrayal as a temporary league, but I hate that they think that every league has to be made core afterwards. In my oppinion the reason Betrayal got so much player attention was the lucky circumstance that 3.5 had this huge redesign of the masters system and that even for SSF players like me the accessibility to late game content and rewards was massively boosted. This is what hooked me up to the game, not Betrayal itself. Betrayal was ok as a league and I enjoyed it - even though it was horribly balanced and buggy as hell - but it did not offer anything outstanding that I would miss if the league ends.

Betrayal in the core game will be just one more mechanic, that then will not have any fun factor anymore, because I will be forced to do it, if I do not want to miss out on Challenges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info